Skip rope for fitness

Hey!
So I have recently starting jump rope to build up stamina. While this is slowly working I do find the back of my leg ( Achilles/calf) aches more than anything. From pressure of the weight I guess as my muscles aren't use to it.

Any tips to strengthen these parts? Also how do you find doing skip rope for fitness?
Tagged:

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Check out Lauren Jumps channel. She could barely skip rope around the start of covid times, and now does a short most days with amazing inspirational choreography. She talks about form and avoiding pain in this vid below. It sounds like you may have a form issue and be feeling the effects of over-use. Maybe you're pulling your legs too high when jumping?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWWpuKyQVHo
  • Sammi_x_
    Sammi_x_ Posts: 52 Member
    Check out Lauren Jumps channel. She could barely skip rope around the start of covid times, and now does a short most days with amazing inspirational choreography. She talks about form and avoiding pain in this vid below. It sounds like you may have a form issue and be feeling the effects of over-use. Maybe you're pulling your legs too high when jumping?

Thank you so much! I will take a look at this :)