Does it bother anyone...

Options

Replies

• sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    right, and my ads are for trucks and shoes..... clear your cache and it will change
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I don't have any ads. On any site. Ever. It's all locked down and blocked and nothing gets in. I haven't seen an internet ad in about 10 years.

While my streak is not as long as this, I also use an ad blocker. So I rarely see any sort of advertisement on MFP.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Shoes!!! always shoes!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Again?

Ads mostly depend on your own activity.

I mostly get fitness equipment, sports nutrition, and vacation ads.
  • chocl8grl
    chocl8grl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Shoes!!! always shoes!

LOL. Me too. :laugh:
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I get a bunch of workout gear/ personal trainer/ protein shake ads. Never fast food. o.O
  • nomorebamboozles
    nomorebamboozles Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If you have Chrome, download AdBlockPlus in the chrome add on store (free). I didn't even know MFP had ads because I can't see them! It also blocks a ton of other ads.

If you don't have Chrome then just google "ad blocker for (insert name of your browser here)" and then you don't have to be bothered any longer!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,264 Member
    Options
    I don't have any ads. On any site. Ever. It's all locked down and blocked and nothing gets in. I haven't seen an internet ad in about 10 years.

Isn't it wonderful? Ad Block all the way.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I get ads for Taco Bell. Go figure.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Install an add blocker, solved.

QFT

I never see an ad here, ever.
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have nothing:) I use Ghostery!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I've got Beachbody and Zulilly and I'm cool with that
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I keep getting an advert for the Alzheimer's society. I forget what I searched for to make that ad appear.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I have ads for plus sized women's clothing.

Explain THAT one? At what point did I search for plus sized women's clothing? (Hint: I didn't). I've never even looked up plus sized clothing. Or women's clothing. Yet there on the side is an ad for "Zulily's" advertising clothes for big women.

i just had the same ad here before i replyed to topic at the top i have an ad from dr. bernstein diet and health clinics. and as i type this herbal magic
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I keep getting an advert for the Alzheimer's society. I forget what I searched for to make that ad appear.
    LOL:laugh:
  • Turtlesallthewaydown
    Options
    There are ad blockers that you can use if you don't want to see the ads. If you google ad blockers you can find directions on how to use them.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Mine has been LUMOSITY recently.
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have one for bananas. Yes, I just gave my daughter one for breakfast. Hmm...
  • phasesme
    phasesme Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The ads come from your search history and not from MFP. So if you goggled mcdonalds or even calories in fast food it might cause the ad to come up. Right now personally, I have an ad for replica star trek uniforms.

I don't know if that's entirely true...I have never searched for snickers bars and on my cell phone ads come up for those all of the time! In fact I asked the same question a few weeks ago. Soooo.....I think there is something to it other than just search history! And YES...I did want one after seeing the banner while logging my food for the day. I didn't eat it but dang it was hard!