We trashed the sodas, chips, cookies

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    my best buddy and I detoxed our cupboards. We did a cleanse,. We have been lurking around the message board for a couple of months but just joined.

We want to thank all those who posted with how important it is to look at what we were putting in our bodies.

We have a certified nutritionist for our meals, worth the money and a fitness trainer. We also see the doctor regularly. The three of them advised it would be good for us to rid ourselves of the junk foo and sodas.
    We do have our own diet plan that we write down daily.

My buddy is down 12 pounds in two months , I am reduced by 14 .

We are going strong.

A great move. Junk food is exactly that: "junk". If you are going to eat something, make it natural and healthy. Amazing how a couple of guys making a positive move to enhnace thier lifestyle can bring out all the haters. Don't believe any of the "IIFYM" losers. These are only people who are too weak to give up the crap and eat real food. Why would one eat crap when you can eat real. You guys made the right move. Good for you.

Yep, I'm an IIFYM "loser"..I've lost over 60lbs. Yay for me!!!

Good one. No one said you could not lose weight utilizing an IIFYM type of diet. One can lose weight eating dog food, or even soda's and chips. You missed the point, as most IIFYM users do. It's about being healthy not skinny.

You truly have a very uneducated and antiquated view on nutrition.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    my best buddy and I detoxed our cupboards. We did a cleanse,. We have been lurking around the message board for a couple of months but just joined.

We want to thank all those who posted with how important it is to look at what we were putting in our bodies.

We have a certified nutritionist for our meals, worth the money and a fitness trainer. We also see the doctor regularly. The three of them advised it would be good for us to rid ourselves of the junk foo and sodas.

We are going strong.

A great move. Junk food is exactly that: "junk". If you are going to eat something, make it natural and healthy. Amazing how a couple of guys making a positive move to enhnace thier lifestyle can bring out all the haters. Don't believe any of the "IIFYM" losers. These are only people who are too weak to give up the crap and eat real food. Why would one eat crap when you can eat real. You guys made the right move. Good for you.

Good one. No one said you could not lose weight utilizing an IIFYM type of diet. One can lose weight eating dog food, or even soda's and chips. You missed the point, as most IIFYM users do. It's about being healthy not skinny.

thats-enough-internet-for-today.gif

Seriously though, most people I see speaking highly of IIFYM are the ones who are in fantastic shape.
  • magerum
    Options
    Please tell me that when you say 'trashed' you didn't actually throw perfectly good food into the trash, but that you donated it to your local food bank?
    i packed-up all foods (non-perishable) and took it to our food bank. all the fresh foods, we ate them until they were gone so as not to waste money. but we won't be buying more! :smile:

Perfectly good food? Did you not read the post? It was chips sodas and other crap. I have had to (in the past) avail myself of food banks. Believe me, we don't need that crap in them. Thanks anyway.

Come down from your ivory tower. If people need to go to a food bank any food is needed, even soda and chips. They do nutrional value, otherwise they would have 0 calories.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

thats-enough-internet-for-today.gif

Seriously though, most people I see speaking highly of IIFYM are the ones who are in fantastic shape.

Yay, another kitty gif!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Please tell me that when you say 'trashed' you didn't actually throw perfectly good food into the trash, but that you donated it to your local food bank?
    i packed-up all foods (non-perishable) and took it to our food bank. all the fresh foods, we ate them until they were gone so as not to waste money. but we won't be buying more! :smile:

Perfectly good food? Did you not read the post? It was chips sodas and other crap. I have had to (in the past) avail myself of food banks. Believe me, we don't need that crap in them. Thanks anyway.

Come down from your ivory tower. If people need to go to a food bank any food is needed, even soda and chips. They do nutrional value, otherwise they would have 0 calories.

Look, if it's junk food that YOU wouldn't eat, why would you give it to some poor people to eat?

I wish I had an ivory tower. But not, hence the past use of a food bank.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Look, if it's junk food that YOU wouldn't eat, why would you give it to some poor people to eat?

I wish I had an ivory tower. But not, hence the past use of a food bank.

Spare some Oreos?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

We are going strong.

Yeah, look at all those skinny unhealthy iifym types.

Wait a minute...
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

Wait a minute...

Let's not fight poor assertion with poor assertion. The majority of IIFYM adherents are likely overweight, and are very likely to continue to be overweight. Just like with every other diet ever.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

Wait a minute...

Let's not fight poor assertion with poor assertion. The majority of IIFYM adherents are likely overweight, and are very likely to continue to be overweight. Just like with every other diet ever.

What? Adhering to a diet that fits within your macros (which will generally then fall into place re: calorie intake) = being chronically overweight? No.

I'll say it again: The people I see who support IIFYM are doing wonderful with their weight loss and fitness goals. The majority of those people are ripped.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options

well, i have in fact was eating in Popeyes chicken restaurant a few years ago, and a homeless person came up to me and asked if he could have any food.. i was done eating, and all i had was the bones. so i told him.. he then snatched up the bones and chewed on them. that kinda freaked me out, the fact that he must have been so hungry that he ate up some bones. so i personally think if a person is hungry, they wont care if its potato chips or cookies, if i were starving, i'd even eat pop tarts. seriously.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Wait a minute...

What? Adhering to a diet that fits within your macros (which will generally then fall into place re: calorie intake) = being chronically overweight? No.

I'll say it again: The people I see who support IIFYM are doing wonderful with their weight loss and fitness goals. The majority of those people are ripped.
    '

I think a lot of the IIFYM peeps are doing very well, and I would not try to change their diet either. its working for them so believe it or not, i congratulate them for their successes.
  • magerum
    Options

Wait a minute...

On this site typically it's broken down between the tremendously over weight "clean eaters" and in shape IIFYM groups, if we're going to categorize things.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Wait a minute...

On this site typically it's broken down between the tremendously over weight "clean eaters" and in shape IIFYM groups, if we're going to categorize things.
    That's rather silly.
    And rather untrue.
  • mrmagee3
    Options

Wait a minute...

Well, one, that's not what I said, and two, no, the people you see regularly are the couple dozen very outspoken proponents of it here, most of whom are doing well. Even given the fact that IIFYM started in bodybuilder circles, its more widespread adoption makes it highly unlikely that your statement is true.

Diets fail. All of them. At an extremely high rate. The odds of IIFYM having a 50%+ success rate are probably lower than you getting struck by lightning. Twice. While riding a bear.

None of these is a criticism of IIFYM as a methodology in any way. If you can't separate that from the preceding paragraphs, we likely don't have much more to talk about.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Wait a minute...

So...then there aren't a lot of skinny and unhealthy iffym types, since according to you most of them are overweight? Which mean you're agreeing with what I said?

Thanks. I appreciate the back up
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Wait a minute...

Were the majority (see that word) of those "ripped" folks ever significantly overweight or obese? I honestly don't know the answer to that question, but it seems the "argument" has taken yet another turn toward ridiculous black and white, this or that categorization again.
    I'm not ripped. Nor am I overweight. I would probably be categorized as the "clean eating camp".
  • mrmagee3
    Options

Well, let's hope that there's not a dozen skinny vegans looking to boost their post counts, otherwise we'll have to change the categorizations. Even worse if there are a dozen people ripped on dog food.
  • magerum
    Options

Wait a minute...

That's rather silly.
    And rather untrue.

Silly, yes? Untrue, hardly. If you actually pay attention to the typicaly clean eating vs. IIFYM thread you'll find the people preaching "clean eating" the most, demonizing the sugarz, are quite overweight. While on here the IIFYM crowd tends to be more in shape. It's just the way it is here. Are there exceptions to every rule? Of course.
  • mrmagee3
    Options

So...then there aren't a lot of skinny and unhealthy iffym types, since according to you most of them are overweight? Which mean you're agreeing with what I said?

Thanks. I appreciate the back up

Feel free to whistle into the wind. You know what you were implying when you wrote that. If all you're interested in is playing semantic games, congratulations. You win.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Wait a minute...

Well, one, that's not what I said, and two, no, the people you see regularly are the couple dozen very outspoken proponents of it here, most of whom are doing well. Even given the fact that IIFYM started in bodybuilder circles, its more widespread adoption makes it highly unlikely that your statement is true.

Diets fail. All of them. At an extremely high rate. The odds of IIFYM having a 50%+ success rate are probably lower than you getting struck by lightning. Twice. While riding a bear.

None of these is a criticism of IIFYM as a methodology in any way. If you can't separate that from the preceding paragraphs, we likely don't have much more to talk about.

Simmer down. :wink:

I agree to a point.

As a lifestyle approach to diet, it is the best I've seen, which is why I use it. There is an obvious self selection bias there I admit, but the lack of restriction and the built in flexibility are great. It's also called "flexible dieting" for this reason, but one takes on a bit of complexity in exchange for that flexibility, I also admit.

And yea, consistency and dedication are necessary and are sorely lacking skills in some. I just hope these threads help, TBH.