We trashed the sodas, chips, cookies

Options
my best buddy and I detoxed our cupboards. We did a cleanse,. We have been lurking around the message board for a couple of months but just joined.

We want to thank all those who posted with how important it is to look at what we were putting in our bodies.

We have a certified nutritionist for our meals, worth the money and a fitness trainer. We also see the doctor regularly. The three of them advised it would be good for us to rid ourselves of the junk foo and sodas.
We do have our own diet plan that we write down daily.

My buddy is down 12 pounds in two months , I am reduced by 14 .

We are going strong.

Replies

• trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    my best buddy and I detoxed our cupboards. We did a cleanse,. We have been lurking around the message board for a couple of months but just joined.

We want to thank all those who posted with how important it is to look at what we were putting in our bodies.

We have a certified nutritionist for our meals, worth the money and a fitness trainer. We also see the doctor regularly. The three of them advised it would be good for us to rid ourselves of the junk foo and sodas.
    We do have our own diet plan that we write down daily.

My buddy is down 12 pounds in two months , I am reduced by 14 .

We are going strong.

Good for you. I respect your choice.

However, I didn't trash the soda, chips and cookies and I am down 18.8 lbs in a month.

To each their own.
  • trackmyday1973
    Options
    My lifestyle consists of 80 percent healthy and 20 treats.

As long as it is something you are ok with for life. That is all that matters.
  • trackmyday1973
    Options
    So you basically turned it into a house of deprivation. I will think of you as I enjoy my Ben & Jerry's tonight.

I agree with you. Ben & Jerry's is YUMMMMY :)

OP - Avoiding these types of foods in your home does not help you develop a healthy relationship with these types of food or any food for that matter. Unless you live in your home 24/7, you will be faced with these type of food challenges when you are out and about.
  • paulstephenmarshall
    Options
    jeeeez , don't metion ice cream , it my total weakness , particularly hagen daz yummmmmyy.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    *goes and digs around in the OP's trash*... What?? It's still closed... it's still good!!

1345421398386923_animate.gif
  • PhoenixEve
    PhoenixEve Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Please tell me that when you say 'trashed' you didn't actually throw perfectly good food into the trash, but that you donated it to your local food bank?
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    so happy for you! we just did the same thing in our house. it feels liberating! i haven't slept so well in years. hoping to find benefits for years to come :smile:
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    How wonderful that you found what works for you! Congrats!
  • Lichent
    Lichent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    my buddy used to be a smoker... and giving up the junk he said , the chemicals , the enhanced chemical sweets that was in our food was just like quitting ciqarettes

the caffeine hit , the sugar hit, it was just like was like getting a hit of nicotine.n he said.

Our doctor and fitness trainer agreed. That it is why it is so hard to quit the junk food. It has been chemically manipulated, to taste good and give a rush.

hey it was no easy going to quit the junk but the results are worth it. We are no longer slaves to the junk and we are going full steam.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    my buddy used to be a smoker... and giving up the junk he said , the chemicals , the enhanced chemical sweets that was in our food was just like quitting ciqarettes

the caffeine hit , the sugar hit, it was just like was like getting a hit of nicotine.n he said.

Our doctor and fitness trainer agreed. That it is why it is so hard to quit the junk food. It has been chemically manipulated, to taste good and give a rush.

hey it was no easy going to quit the junk but the results are worth it. We are no longer slaves to the junk and we are going full steam.

:huh:
  • Lichent
    Options
    to answer your question we thrashed it. We did a cleanse we we took 48 can of our diet sodas . We opened each one and poured them down the sink.
    I joked and said to my buddy we are going to have clean pipes , with all those chemicals it could be draino.
    the empty cans went to recycle. hey from now on we are reducing our footprint on the enviroment.

The cookies , the chips, the snack bars, the frosty cereals, the frozen low fat dinners they all ended up in a big paper bag and put it in ithe garden waste bin. We had to bring out an extra garbage bin that week for garbage collection.

hey we congratulated ourselves , hey we are junk food junkees no more.
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Please tell me that when you say 'trashed' you didn't actually throw perfectly good food into the trash, but that you donated it to your local food bank?
    i packed-up all foods (non-perishable) and took it to our food bank. all the fresh foods, we ate them until they were gone so as not to waste money. but we won't be buying more! :smile:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Those poor cookies:(.
  • trackmyday1973
    Options

and the poor diet soda too ..... :(
  • Lichent
    Options
    If it was perfectly good food we would not have thrown it out. I didn't send it to the food bank.
    We don't send ciqarettes to the food bank.

If we choose to donate we want to make sure we are keeping our principals up., now that we are becoming educated on food. I want to make sure that the food bank is getting the same good quality that we are eating. not products that we are putting in our garden waste. The only good thing is that it is biodegradable.

I know I sound excited but I am so stoked with this new energy |i have got from eating well. and the new lifestyle we have got going for ourselves.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Don't forget the delicious chips :'(
  • trackmyday1973
    Options

Don't forget the delicious chips :'(

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    It's a bit extreme, but hey, whatever works for you. You just need to realize that the most sustainable weight loss / weight maintenance plan is one that doesn't forsake entire food categories. I still eat chips and drink soda, but rarely and in moderation. Because I still eat them I don't exactly crave or miss them, I would open a big bag of chips, take a couple of handfuls then stop. That big bag would last a week, sometimes more.

I control the food, it doesn't control me.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    If it was perfectly good food we would not have thrown it out. I didn't send it to the food bank.
    We don't send ciqarettes to the food bank.

If we choose to donate we want to make sure we are keeping our principals up., now that we are becoming educated on food. I want to make sure that the food bank is getting the same good quality that we are eating. not products that we are putting in our garden waste. The only good thing is that it is biodegradable.

I know I sound excited but I am so stoked with this new energy |i have got from eating well. and the new lifestyle we have got going for ourselves.

...k then.

I can respect changing your lifestyle and giving your kitchen an overhaul to help you move forward with your changes, but throwing out perfectly good food that could have been donated, pouring soda down a drain...I can't respect that.

I hope your education on food continues and that some time, months from now, you're able to look back and see that going to extremes isn't needed. Good luck.