We trashed the sodas, chips, cookies

Options

Replies

• trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    pepsimax.jpg

^^^^^^^^ Thanks for being there through my weight loss 18.8 down and going strong :) See ya tomorrow :)

YUMMMMMMMMMMM
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,462 Member
    Options
    Oh the cookies, the diet sodas, the humanity of it all!
    :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: :brokenheart:
  • Lichent
    Lichent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    we can't do that we are junk food junkees,
    my buddy is an ex smokers, smokers do not smoke in moderation. they do not smoke one a day. Junk food junkees need to purge.

Hey the junk food is addicive, manipulated and full of chemicals , bad chemicals just like those old ciqarettes.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If it was perfectly good food we would not have thrown it out. I didn't send it to the food bank.
    We don't send ciqarettes to the food bank.

If we choose to donate we want to make sure we are keeping our principals up., now that we are becoming educated on food. I want to make sure that the food bank is getting the same good quality that we are eating. not products that we are putting in our garden waste. The only good thing is that it is biodegradable.

I know I sound excited but I am so stoked with this new energy |i have got from eating well. and the new lifestyle we have got going for ourselves.
    If you think throwing out a bunch if perfectly good food, and a lot of false garbage about chemical manipulation and addiction makes you "educated" about food, you need quite a bit more education. The chemicals in diet soda are mostly essential nutrients your body needs, aspartame is just protein, aspartic acid and phenylalanine, most of the preservatives are various types of minerals like potassium, phosphorus, and sodium (all are essential minerals,) etc.

The only thing you did was pour a bunch of wasted money down the drain and out to the trash. Not a single food you threw out was bad for you. Eating too much of any of those foods is bad, but then, drinking too much water is also bad for you, and to be fair, belt eating too much pure oxygen is bad for you also.

So, based on your logic, you may as well hold your breath and stop drinking water, also.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    my buddy is an ex smokers, smokers do not smoke in moderation. they do not smoke one a day. Junk food junkees need to purge.

Hey the junk food is addicive, manipulated and full of chemicals , bad chemicals just like those old ciqarettes.

All food is made of chemicals. Apples, for example, have naturally occurring formaldehyde. Are you going to stop eating apples? In fact

Alpha-Linolenic-Acid, Asparagine, D-Categin, Isoqurctrin, Hyperoside, Ferulic-Acid, Farnesene, Neoxathin, Phosphatidyl-Choline, Reynoutrin, Sinapic-Acid, Caffeic-Acid, Chlorogenic-Acid, P-Hydroxy-Benzoic-Acid, P-Coumaric-Acid, Avicularin, Lutein, Quercitin, Rutin, Ursolic-Acid, Protocatechuic-Acid, and Silver. Vitamin A, B1, B2, and B6, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Folic acid, Vitamin C and Vitamin E, Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Pottassium, Selenium, Sodium, and Zinc.Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lycine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Argenine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Proline, and Serine.

All found in apples. I can't even pronounce half of that.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    So you basically turned it into a house of deprivation. I will think of you as I enjoy my Ben & Jerry's tonight.
    How that was rude.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    ciqarettes? Are they like cigarettes? :tongue:

Good on you for your enthusiasm. I just hope it doesn't die in the @** & turn you into bigger junk food junkees than before. :flowerforyou:
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but there's nothing healthy about vilifying food. Food, whether it's processed or not, is not evil.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Since you're so educated, care to tell me which chemicals are manipulated? I look at the ingredients of a bag of chips, it says "potatoes, sunflower or canola oil, salt." Which of those are the evil manipulated chemicals? By the way, EVERYTHING you eat is full of chemicals. Heck, your body is 100% made up of chemicals.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    my best buddy and I detoxed our cupboards. We did a cleanse,. We have been lurking around the message board for a couple of months but just joined.

We want to thank all those who posted with how important it is to look at what we were putting in our bodies.

We have a certified nutritionist for our meals, worth the money and a fitness trainer. We also see the doctor regularly. The three of them advised it would be good for us to rid ourselves of the junk foo and sodas.
    We do have our own diet plan that we write down daily.

My buddy is down 12 pounds in two months , I am reduced by 14 .

We are going strong.
    I did exactly this 12 years ago. Well, actually, I just stopped buying it and gave the crap to my junk food loving house sitter.
    I HAVE NEVER LOOKED BACK.

We eat "junk" once in a while, but it is no longer the staple of the household diet. And, when we do, it's much less processed and full of chemicals than it used to be.

Getting HFCS out of my diet made EVERYTHING about eating easier.
    Have you read "In Defense of Food"?
    His "principles" for eating make decision making easier in the beginning.

Ignore the immature ice cream comments and focus on what YOU believe you want for a lifestyle, for a way of eating for life.

Good luck.

ps: yes, LAYS, as part of its latest marketing gimmick is offering half its line with no artificial stuff.
    Lays potato chips currently have only three ingredients.

Baked lays on the other hand has a few more Baked Lays Potato Chips contains dehydrated potatoes, modified food starch, sugar, corn oil, salt, soy lecithin, dextrose.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    OP, I did the same thing you did back in February - got rid of all the pre-packaged processed stuff in our place and rarely even buy the stuff now. I lost between 5 and 10 pounds easily within a few months without doing anything different at all, other than making most of my meals from scratch instead of from a box. My attitude became a million times more positive, I had more energy than before, and was feeling happier in general.

I have also learned, especially while reading forums on here with many different people at different stages in their weight loss, it is still okay to treat yourself sometimes (I eat fast food more than I'd like to, but when I do it I make sure it fits my net cal's for the day - same thing with ice cream and chocolate and cookies sometimes, although I try and make my own baked goods instead) and be able to lose weight!

But in the end, trashing the same foods that you did helped me in a lot of ways before I even decided to become serious about being healthy and fit. And it makes the transition to a healthier lifestyle easier I find, because you're already willing to try new foods and more of them, rather than just eating the same foods as before in smaller amounts.

Good on you man :drinker:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Hum. I don't do this every day, but I'm in for 2 ice cream sandwiches, 2 beers, and a Klondike bar so far today, and I plan for more tasty stuff and probably a martini or two Hum . . . maybe some fried chicken. I mean, FFS, it is a holiday weekend. If you have to deprive yourself, then you have to deprive yourself, to each his own I guess. Good luck, OP.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • Lichent
    Lichent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    sorry, we have hung around your board for a few months and got fooducated

More so we rely on the advice of our nutritionist , doctor and our personal traine who are EDU|CATED.

Sorry we are not biochemical engineers , we need help in reading those food labels for the ingredients. So we hired the professioanls, spending the money instead junk food. The support and the information is amazing and we going gung ho. Energy up, sleeping better, less anxiety , no depression and generally good natured and happy,

But those dumping those diet sodas down the drain seemed to have cleaned the pipes. just like DRAINO
  • PhoenixEve
    PhoenixEve Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you were starving to death, would you really say "No thanks, i'd rather die than eat food with chemicals in it?"

If you think death is a better option than ingesting a few chemicals... then i don't know what to say.

Did you even ask the hungry people if the food you label as 'junk' was good enough for them? Do you really think they would have turned it down in favour of starving to death? People die of starvation every day... many of them are children.

If it's not expired and rotting... there is no need to throw it out. Please donate next time? Just because it's 'not good enough' for you, doesn't mean others are that picky or can afford to be that choosy.

:(
  • Hungry_Gurl
    Hungry_Gurl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Grats on your progress so far!!! Hope you stick with it!!!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    *goes and digs around in the OP's trash*... What?? It's still closed... it's still good!!

1345421398386923_animate.gif

Save some for me.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    If it was perfectly good food we would not have thrown it out. I didn't send it to the food bank.
    We don't send ciqarettes to the food bank.

If we choose to donate we want to make sure we are keeping our principals up., now that we are becoming educated on food. I want to make sure that the food bank is getting the same good quality that we are eating. not products that we are putting in our garden waste. The only good thing is that it is biodegradable.

I know I sound excited but I am so stoked with this new energy |i have got from eating well. and the new lifestyle we have got going for ourselves.

Yes. There is nothing like giving hungry kids potato chips or cookies. It's a far, far better thing to throw that food away and let the kiddos go hungry . . . 'cause food is just like cigarettes . . . :noway:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I've got no issues with your choices-but if you do cave and buy junk you want to get rid of, please don't let fear of junk food stop you from giving to a shelter or food bank. 48 cans of diet pop would be an unexpected treat and not be enough to make any kind of a negative health impact on the individual drinkers (assuming there is any danger-I personally drink the stuff like my life depends on it.) Same for everything else that got tossed. Frozen packaged meals can go to a church or some other organization that will distribute it if the shelter can't take it because of refrigeration. If food banks could only accept food that is considered clean or nutritionist approved, people would starve. Very few people are donating that kind of supply, and the shelters can't afford to provide it. Remember, what you eat is an individual choice, and you don't need to decide for everyone or be responsible for what they consume.