WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Real quick as I have kids here; Flea- Great info on Fern. Do you know her maiden name? I grew up 2 miles outside of Belding, MI. With your permission, I would like to post the pic, and any info you have on the local facebook page (if they have one). Belding is still a pretty small community, and in the late 1880's would have been a very small rural town. The local museum, library, or historians might have more information on the family. If not, the photographer who photographed them. Very cool! KJ

That's incredible, KJ. Yes, please post it. Her maiden name was Spencer.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,507 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Lisa Etc love it, miss both Janets too. Normal range hemoglobin? Hooray!! Eat then no pain? WowowWOW! ! !
    Lanette, well done, Gladys! Btw :love: the vintage Tupperware, have that one in pink too.
    Michele I’d be happy to have my weight stay in your same range ;)
    Allie 5 weeks for bloodwork results? Sheesh.
    Rebecca thanks so much for the backstory, more details than I remember. “science experiments in the crisper drawer” been there done that don’t wanna go back again. ;)
    Tracey you would be a gift to any young person who needed your guidance.
    Heather back to running and writing all in the same day? Well done!
    Beth I too am reducing/eliminating dairy to see if it helps and the first two days seem to be proving the theory. Hope it’s a matter of quantity and I can still indulge in an ounce of cheese a few times a week. Sad to say goodbye to cottage cheese for breakfast and yoghurt for dessert but if it moves things along… :naughty:
    Rebecca I like your system for mushrooms and will try it. Uh oh, guess I’ll have to pick up some mochi . . . ;}
    Lanette love the chickens’ names especially “Big Thelma” :} Would you share a sample of your good habits spreadsheet?
    Rosemarie congratulations on the 7 miles and 3 lbs. Well done!
    Allie:love: Miles’ smiles.
    Michele I’d love to see the flamingo ice cube mold ;) Joe is a big fan of ‘em.
    Debbie I no longer even try to comment on all the posts, but just can’t help adding my two cents to too many…
    Rita ((gentle hugs)) hope the antibiotics kick that infection quickly. Fingers X’d for your son’s job prospects.
    Annie :love: your “Yay”s when you report. Reminds me of Terri’s recommendation to celebrate all the little successes. Well done!
    Ginny that was a scary spell. Glad you know how to handle it and didn’t fall.

Belated best birthday wishes to Karen in VA, Katla, Evelyn and Beth’s mom. Being a week behind, stinks!
    But time to sleep now.
    Gratitudes:
    7/20 the cloud of good models that surrounds me.
    7/19 Joe overcoming his initial resistance and instead embracing and expanding the suggestion to put bug out supplies in the van.
    07/19: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, line dancing. Steps:8114
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=3 CI=1789 CO=732
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, BiMart, play with plants. Wt:131.6
    07/18: Move: 2 sets PT w/d, dogs to powerline, line dancing. Steps:8074
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-5 CI=1422 CO=965
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, casserole-a-thon. Wt: 132.5

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. July: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live NOW.

Ice cream Mochi is a special treat for me. It's a way to have some creamy mango ice cream, and not down a pint in one sitting, (such a talent eh?). The Mochi is rice flour, tapioca flour and sugar made into a pillowy, spongy covering, (I think those are the ingredients). Its best to set the balls (I eat them in sets of two) out a couple minutes before you carefully bite into them, so the Mochi softens just a tad, but not too long so the ice cream melts!
    Rebecca the Mochi queen
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Ginny - Sending good thoughts to you for your doc visit. <3 Yes, your future is for YOU!

I think part of my worries about booking is that it is DH's money I am spending (he will pay back my credit card) and he has opted out of booking the trip himself because he thinks (knows) I won't be happy with his arrangements. ;):s I'm going to leave the travel insurance to him as his contribution to organisation. I hope he does it right. >:)
    But ...... drum roll .........
    I HAVE DONE IT!
    This morning I booked the flights from Gatwick to Lyon paying extra for extra cabin bags and extra legroom and priority boarding. The only problem is that the only available flight for that day is 8.15 in the morning. That means an early wake up and a taxi. Have to be there by 6.15.
    Then I booked from Montpellier to Gatwick. Ditto extras. The flight is 16.20, so should be able to get the Gatwick Express to Brighton. (We gain an hour coming back)
    Then I booked the TGV from Lyon to Narbonne. Direct! :D On the Sunday. I booked Premiere for not much extra and our seats are in a club two facing each other. Only a few seats left, and another train was already full! For October. :*
    So......... I hate getting up early, as I don't sleep, but it's only once and we can nap at the hotel that afternoon.

I still have to book hotels in Lyon and Narbonne, and the train from Narbonne to Montpellier, but that is only a local train, not a Train à Grande Vitesse. I can book that later.

Will be researching hotels when I've recovered! I have a recommendation in Narbonne.

Phew!
    Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Enjoy your trip. I know when we had to get eldest son to the airport early, we stayed at a hotel near the airport. They even had a free shuttle to the airport.👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Barbara- I for one LOVE
    "your two cents worth"!!!
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Ginny- prayers for great results from your scans and peace for you until you get them back.

Carol-hope your knee continues to improve. I have a brace I use for mine when it acts up. It does help.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    [quote="auntiebk;c-

Ice cream Mochi is a special treat for me. It's a way to have some creamy mango ice cream, and not down a pint in one sitting, (such a talent eh?). The Mochi is rice flour, tapioca flour and sugar made into a pillowy, spongy covering, (I think those are the ingredients). Its best to set the balls (I eat them in sets of two) out a couple minutes before you carefully bite into them, so the Mochi softens just a tad, but not too long so the ice cream melts!
    Rebecca the Mochi queen
    Whidbey
    Wa

mochi ice cream is so good and mango is one of my favorites. Two is a perfect amount. I enjoy them once in a while with a cup of tea.
  • healingmysticmelody
    healingmysticmelody Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @LisaInArkansas Thank you for the greeting, and Yes! It seems like 3 months is the turning point for many and I hope I am among that group! Very nice to know you were way better at 3 months too! I have an excellent PT and a great bend and I have been at about 3 steps forward and one step back for most of my journey. We have a camping trip/vacation planned for late September and I hope to be in great shape at that time!
  • Whidislander
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    [quote="auntiebk;c-

Rebecca the Mochi queen
    Whidbey
    Wa

mochi ice cream is so good and mango is one of my favorites. Two is a perfect amount. I enjoy them once in a while with a cup of tea.
    I have declared us "Mango Mochi Mates".💖🤗
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa