WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
ktnbio6dx6iy.jpgazepesd34d14.jpg

:) With a new month starting and "halfway day" on July 2, this is a good time to start a new practice or renew one that has been lagging. Being part of an encouraging and supportive group is what has helped me along my journey.
The name of the thread is "Women Ages 50+" but all women are welcome. Just read and respond to what interests you. I have been participating for several years and have made changes in my life as the result of the support from this thread.

:) Be sure to bookmark the thread so you can find it again.

:) It helps if you sign your post with a name or a nickname and a location, general or specific so we have a more personal connection with each other. It's easier for me to remember a name like Sally rather than xyj567v and when I know something about your general location, I understand what you mean when you say it's hot or cold where you are and I don't get so jealous that tomatoes are ready to pick in your southern yard long before they're ready at my far north location.

:) I read this thread every morning while I eat my breakfast. It puts me in a good mind set to begin my day.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,199 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks once again Barbie

Went to a cast song session tonight. Fun! Now ready for bed.

Love Heather xxxxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie!!!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie! We appreciate you.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Allie.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie!

Oh my, the year half over and the days, for us in the northern hemisphere, will start to shorten. Right now we are only losing 30 seconds per day but that will speed up in another month or so.

And speaking of tomatoes - I spotted some wee ones yesterday. Pleasant surprise after last year's odd gardening weather. I might actually have ripe ones before September this year. :D

Pip - that's HOT! Walking at 5 am sounds like a good idea - I have a hunch it might be light enough out that you won't need a flashlight unless it's foggy or other conditions. I like to walk at 5 am, it's plenty light in my neighborhood. Looks like we'll see the mid to upper 90's here on Wednesday then cool down to the 80's by the end of the week. Hope the fireworks enthusiasts take it easy this year, fire threat is high because the low humidity and winds.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

It will b dark when we start out. We won’t need the light for long but we will need it, especially to pick up the poop
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Debbie - you got some nice goodies from helping at the food bank! I always keep sauteed mushrooms in the freezer - I buy the white button ones on sale. They are good added to beef stews or lentil soup, yes they are chewy though. I usually just quarter them if they are small to medium, chop them if larger.

That hummus sounded great. Wish you lived on my block I'd gladly take some of it off your hands. :D

Lanette
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Worked then drove to SC to get some bisque. Even tho the ceramics place is closed, I did make this commitment before they closed so I think it only right that I buy the bisque. Then a friend stopped by with her GD. Boy, has she grown!

Annie – I use the timer on the treadmill/elliptical/whatever. I sprint for 10 seconds and then recover for 20. That seems to work for me. I know there is an app that will “buzz” or something at each interval, but I just use the timer on the piece of equipment

Tracey – so glad you got the letter

Took a walk down to the dollar store to get “Good Luck” cards for the gals at the ceramics place. Stopped into Food Lion but realized that I’d read the ad wrong so just came home. Then set up the new pedometer. Actually, Vince did it because I was getting frustrated.

Rebecca – it’s only money, you can’t take it with you. You deserve to enjoy yourself

Seems now Jerry is living in a tent behind Burger King. I think what happened is his sister said he could go to this boarding house so he gave his notice to his landlord. In the meantime the boarding house got filled up.

Allie – happy birthday

I have this sick feeling that the city of Hickory is just going to close the ceramics place. When they sold the other building, the only reason they moved was because Michelle said that she'd continue. Now that she isn't....they're going to have trouble finding someone who will do all the work she did for the salary she had. Plus, this person has to be good at painting eyes.

Off to bed.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Debbie - you got some nice goodies from helping at the food bank! I always keep sauteed mushrooms in the freezer - I buy the white button ones on sale. They are good added to beef stews or lentil soup, yes they are chewy though. I usually just quarter them if they are small to medium, chop them if larger.

That hummus sounded great. Wish you lived on my block I'd gladly take some of it off your hands. :D

Lanette

l635zaksp9sz.png

King Trumpet is the kind we got-#3 in the picture
    about 3-4 lb bag of them.
    They are a lot firmer than button mushrooms but nice flavor