Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,562 Member
    Options
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Barbie—Well said. You are an excellent leader, and I am grateful for your guidance.

Katla
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    Options
    thecat wrote: »
    Good Morning All,

I am new to this discussion group and to the MFP App. I am 65 yrs old and overweight! I live in Tampa, FL where the humidity is off the charts right now. Last year I lost over 20 lbs and I was feeling great. I was walking 2 ro 3 Liles a day and for me that's quite an accomplishment since I have Fibromyalgia and back issues BUT LIFE HAPPENED and my husband had one hospital event after another and slowly the weight I lost started packing back on my body and plus an extra 5 lbs. I stopped walking amd stopped tracking and was eating badly thru the stress. I know these events should not be an excuse but this is my story. I say all this because I really need the support. Today is my day #1 to my healthy journey. Happy 4th of July to each of you ❤️

I am such a foodie, as my sons are all adults now. Gone are the days of my eating just leftover chicken nuggets, or leftover toasted cheese sandwiches. I find it amazing that now I buy the good things like veggies and actually eat them on a regular basis. They aren't just for show in my crisper drawer🙃😂. I have also honed in my eating to fix things that I like, and then either fix for husband like a chef, or he fixes it. He is not a foodie and is happy with soup from a can (uck!), and hamburger helper. My go to thing is to saute' some cut mushrooms with sweet onion. Then it can become anything. Taco meat, or soup, or a stew. I tend to add as protein either chicken (cut up precooked roasted chicken from the supermarket), cut up kielbasa sausage, a small steak cup up, shrimp (deveined and cooked). I add either boiled cubed poatoes, cabbage, wild rice (just pre cook wild rice in my rice cooker and press into containers and put in fridge), hearty grain bread, or a hearty pasta like campanelle, or cavatappi. I always simmer the chicken carcass adding lots of turmeric and cayenne pepper. Then I freeze it in ice cube trays to put in zip lock bags in the freezer. My go to veggies are cabbage, spinach, bag salad, zucchini, mushrooms, sweet yellow onion, bok choy, broccoli. I love eating vinegar laced foods like fridge pickled cucumbers, quick Cole slaw, and I drink apple cider vinegar (Braggs make one with cayenne pepper and honey) and mix it with a Fresca. 👍🏼💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • thecat
    thecat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cathy in Tampa!

Congrats on losing twenty pounds previously. Sounds like you know what works for you so you are ahead of the learning curve. Sorry to hear your husband had medical issues, hope that settled down.

I think I missed a few other new ladies, welcome everyone!

I'm not doing much today, just dyeing my hair this afternoon. But I am in the middle of a sister challenge. My sister is visiting July 24, and I want to lose a bit before then.

Annie in Delaware

• thecat
    thecat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the Welcome Annie in Delaware.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options