MFP, HealthyWager, and Golo!

Options
Hi there! I’m a 48 yard old wife, mom to 3 boys, junior high religion and home ec teacher, DRE at our church, etc. so I need lose 70lbs not only for health reasons, but also to increase my energy and stop hurting everywhere. Getting older is no joke - lol! - so I’ve got to get healthy so I can keep up and actually enjoy our busy life more. I’m combining MFP, Golo, and HealthyWager.com so this time next year I will have hit my weight/health/activity goals AND have some extra money to spend on something fun with my family!
Tagged:

Replies

• mowermanrepairs
    mowermanrepairs Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I'm 68 & diabetic using Golo. I used it for a month lost a lb or so & was about to quit but my labs where done immediately afterwards (just coincidental timing). My A1C was so many points down (from any over 20 yrs) my doctor asked me to do 3 more months & re-do labs to see if it was Golo or an error. It hasn't been time yet but I am strictly following their 2-1-2-1 program of eating & this time I am down 5-6 lbs in 3.5 weeks. The pill fights insulin resistance which I'm believing my next labs will confirm that. I am thinking my change in the foods I eat 3 times a day spaced out over 5 hours are contributing to the actual weight loss vs eating 4-6 mini meals throughout the day as prescribed for the way for diabetics to eat (it was thought & still recommended not to have spikes). My sugar has remained in a the lower normal range daily for this recent duration. I honestly cannot say I feel more energic or any other hypes exposed on any weight loss commercial but I am glad to see the scale & the tape measurer agree.
  • StaceySuperfly
    StaceySuperfly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Are you still using Golo? I am and have lost 29 pounds with 63 to go. Just wondering if you made your goal or what you struggle with the most?