Hard to Swallow

Options
ejharrison1111
ejharrison1111 Posts: 3 Member
Like a lot of things that are sometimes really hard to swallow in life, I find brutal honesty with myself to be the hardest. I know that I have all the knowledge I need and the means in which to do something, but I kept fighting with myself about whether or not I could even do it. One hard day at work, I’d turn around and go back to my ways. One emotional moment, and I turn to food to comfort or fill whatever void. Unable to just face my emotions I let the food consume me instead of me consuming it. I guess that sometimes it’s just hard to swallow that I am my worst enemy. There’s no one out there that could possibly say anything to me that I haven’t already said to myself.
This week I struggle with getting through my water intake. No because I don’t like water, but because I don’t feel thirsty. But I am learning and trying to train myself to drink when I feel hungry instead of reaching for something quick and easy.

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I guess that sometimes it’s just hard to swallow that I am my worst enemy. There’s no one out there that could possibly say anything to me that I haven’t already said to myself

This is a great insight. I don't have the skills yet, but I understand (and believe) that we can learn skills so that we speak to ourselves with our inner voice like we would speak to our very best friend who is have a rough time.