Are their any Effects of Smoking on Fat Loss Journey

Options
rakeshrsmath
rakeshrsmath Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi All,

I have started my Fat/weight loss journey from past 3 months ago, but even if on calorie deficit my weight is not getting reduced its fluctuating at a level. also im a smoker i have reduced my habit to lesser sticks but still i dont see any improvements,

If anybody can provide me some insights about this then it would be more helpful.

Thanks
Rakesh

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,025 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking your calories? Are you using a food scale? Are you using other people's entries for multi-ingredient dishes with serving sizes of "one plate" or "one bowl"?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,025 Member
    Options
    As for your specific question on smoking, it is generally viewed as an appetite suppressant and as an alternative activity for your mouth and hands (an alternative to eating, that is). Many people gain weight when they quit smoking (but that's not a good reason to continue smoking).
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I found this online:

"There are a couple of reasons why people gain weight when they give up cigarettes.
    The nicotine in cigarettes speeds up your metabolism. Nicotine increases the amount of calories your body uses at rest by about 7% to 15%. Without cigarettes, your body may burn food more slowly.
    Cigarettes reduce appetite. When you quit smoking, you may feel hungrier.
    Smoking is a habit. After you quit, you may crave high-calorie foods to replace cigarettes."