Decided to get serious about my health at 77!

Options
So I am 77 years old, I am tired of my doctors prescribing more and more pills. I have 4 stints and take several medication for CAD and cholesterol. Also approaching diabetes.
Even though I live in Florida I am an avid snow skier but last year my health really interfered with my skiing. I found the documentary Game Changers, and though I don't believe everything they say I began doing research on Vegan diets. I have been vegan now for 4 weeks, and now follow a Whole Foods Plant Based diet. My blood sugars have dropped from 250's range down into the low 100's. I have lost 15 lbs and feel more energized and alert. It was not easy as I loved my breakfast of eggs/bacon, steaks and BBQ. But it is getting easier, just wish I was a better cook. MyFitnessPay helps me plan and track my diet.

Replies

• TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi! There are so many good documentaries like that out there. The one that finally did it for me health wise was Forks Over Knives. I’ve been vegan now about 10-12 years. I showed it to my dad too, who is 73, and he went mostly vegan, lost a ton of weight and stopped his diabetes in its tracks. Feel free to add me if you’re looking for friends! I log in every day. There are so many good vegan alternatives for all the foods! x