Short dude on a mission

Options
New to the club here, no clue what I'm doin'... I'm a MASSIVE motivator, we can help each other push for our goals.

Huge into fitness and exercise. Spent my younger years doing sports all through childhood and school years. It has assisted my adult life and career as a LEO, while bettering my health and mentality on things.

I love weight lifting, and am currently in the process of gaining muscle mass / maintaining, while proving to the world and myself it's possible while training for marathons or Ironman. All doing so with a genetic lung condition.

More info to come. Feel free to tag along in the journey, and share your experiences and things that motivate you to do exercise and fitness.

P.S. Careful when talking about sports with me, as I can talk your life away talking about sports.... Bring it on, let's go.

- Josh

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    You might want to try posting in the gaining weight/bodybuilding section. Your posts might get noticed a bit more.
  • Joshster417
    Joshster417 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Appreciate it, thanks! The goal wasn't to get "noticed". Brand new to this site, that was my way of introducing myself. =]
  • mommanik811366
    mommanik811366 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Curious what kind of lung condition you have? My 11 year old daughter has asthma and often feels like it really limits her as far as being able to play sports and such in school. Her asthma is moderate/severe and persistent.
  • Joshster417
    Joshster417 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I actually have something called Cystic Fibrosis. It's similar to asthma, but it's also a GI issue as well. It's all genetic.

I hope she can power through the asthma though, and keep pushing to enjoy herself with sports and school things! Maybe tell her the mental part is the hardest part, if she keeps touching the water kind of thing, eventually the "nervous" aspect fades away and confidence overtakes. =]