WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,729 Member
    Options
    Waiting in the internet room waiting for our rooms to open up.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,259 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I had a great afternoon! Lovely nap after making pesto. :)

My new throw looks fine. :)

I've been watching a few Clutterbug videos on YouTube. I used to watch her ages ago, but got bored. Well, I'm back! She really encourages me to get started. So I decided to tackle the art cupboards, that I have had on my 'To do' list for ages. Got started, and accomplished a LOT in around 45 mins. DH came in and helped with the final sort out, so we have made great progress. It was mainly stuff from when the kids were younger. I decided to stop before I got tired, so will do a bit more tomorrow.
    I also put some bags of different shaped pasta together in a box. Much better. The trick is, not to think you have to do it all at once. Just do one thing. :D Thank you Clutterbug!

Found a new person to follow on Instagram.

Really enjoyed that, and dinner with homemade pesto was heaven!

Now for Midsomer Murders. :p

Lanette
    - It was a store-bought plant. I understand that they overcrowd them and you can split them up. I didn’t do that and most shoots died off and I was left with three. Enough for me.
    My rosemary, thyme and sage keep going through our winter. Mint mostly hibernates. I must try parsley again next year.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • readynhealth
    readynhealth Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Thank you for the Welcomes! :):):)

ready- Calif

Welcome!!
    from Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Thank you :)

• readynhealth
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    This was taken when we were in our 20's...LOL We sure don't look like that anymore!

69y47br94x3c.png

You both were young and beautiful! Happy Anniversary!

• readynhealth
    Options
    @1948CWB Your really do look the same! :)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Allie- the ocean looks amazing!!! Please post lots of pictures. I can't wait until we can go on another cruise!!

Up early this morning- alarm went off at 6:30, over at mother in law's by 7:30. Had a delivery time for her new stove from 7:30-11:30AM. As soon as we got there the dog wanted to walk(he knows that is why I go there). Walked a while, came back and helped dh with the yard work. I mowed the front and back of her lawn/dirt patch then the guys showed up to deliver the stove. That was time for me to take the dog for another walk to keep him out of the way and not run off. Walked just under 25 min and when we were getting back to the house, they were leaving- perfect timing. We were done and out of their a little after 9. Drove up, did my last merchandising job and found they had a Falling Prices up right next door(fun place to shop but Saturdays are crazy because everything is just .25. We will go on Tuesday to see how it is when everything is $6.Nice to have one close by instead of driving all the way up past Sacramento. Found some coloring books and other craft stuff- even picked up a mug for dh-he didn't see it- will give it to him at Christmas- Best Cat dad ever- He is a great cat dad but not much of a regular one or husband for that matter. Oh well. He thinks he is.
    Had lunch then came back home. All that and home by 1:00
    Beings we did the shop today, I can go to church if I want to. We had thought we would be stuck at his mom's a lot longer and we would do the shop tomorrow. Nice surprise
    Picked up more chicken. Cooking it for the feral/neighborhood cat. One that dh feeds only wants chicken instead of dried or canned cat food so he is having me cook for the cat. They are so spoiled.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    Allie: Have a whale of a time. I think Miles and Carmine look quite alike in those photos.

Lisa: Sounds like Soraya is fitting right in.

Heather: I buy the shop herbs and plant some of them in the greenhouse for the winter. Parsley is planted in the herb bed outside the kitchen.

Carol:
    g47i80zjtw8l.png

Time for bed.

🤗 🤗 🤗 and 🙏 🙏 🙏

☘️ Terri

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/ family - 2hrs 37min 8sec, 25elev, 2.87ap, 81ahr, 101mhr, 6.14mi= 571c
    Strava app= 752c
    Other- clean out Bette and getting her prepared for sale- approx- 2hrs- 250c est

Total cal 821
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Allie -- I hope you have a lovely time and make new friends to have fun with. Your view is amazing! So happy for you.

Love to all of you.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,764 Member
    Options
    Machka - based would have to follow your husband as well. I have never been to a fancy place that required that I know it.
    I think I forgot to say Happy Anniversary yesterday.

Barbara - I hope you enjoy the visit with your Goddaughter. The highland fair sound fun.

Carol - happy Anniversary

Allie - you deserve this so much! Have a wonderful trip!

Lanette - we are in Drumheller, Alberta. There are many activities and sights for dinosaur stuff.
    Tonight we are at a Ghost Town called Rowley. The last Saturday of each month they have “Pizza Night”. It is their main fundraiser to restore the buildings and maintain the ones they have restored. 15.00 for a pizza, the saloon had two adult beverages for 10.00. There is a live band.

Pip - sorry your niece is not helping her daughter.

Barbie - I hope your niece’s home survives.
    Pictures from tonight

Tracey in Edmonton