WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2023

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
xvjs56zliovw.png

:) The older I get, the more important it is to me to seek habits, behaviours, and attitudes that will help me stay healthy and increase fitness and happiness. That's what I've found with this thread. I hope you will find that, too.

:) The name of the thread is "Women Ages 50+" but all women are welcome. Our community includes women just approaching 50 all the way to approaching 80.

:) We share on many topics but stay away from criticism of others and controversy. We focus on support and encouragement.

:) Please sign your post with a name or nickname and a location, either specific or general, so it will be easier to identify each other.

:) Remember to bookmark the page so you can find us again.

<3 Barbie from NW WA

"The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials."---Lin Yutang

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie! We appreciate you!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie!!

just text my friend,need to borrow her trap. The baby possum is back in the garage again- not sure how he got in.
    I will let him go in the back yard(instead of the front yard like last time but I was holding its tail in my hand so just wanted to get him out of the garage).
    If he comes in again, we will relocate him away from our house.

Have Zumba tonight- thankfully- dh is in a real pissy mood again. Looking forward to an hour workout and an little time to myself driving to and from it.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Debbie - beautiful fireplace. The one we had when we lived up north that had the Buck Stove insert was similar. That mass holds a lot of heat.

Carol- glad your knees and feet are getting better. I think back to when I was a kid and the poor heating system we had in that old farmhouse with single pane windows so cold we could scrape the ice from inside the bedrooms - yet we somehow survived the Indiana winters. And summers with no A/C - only fans. :p

Vicki - hoping the doc can find out what's wrong with your foot.

Beth
    - Hoping the house residing is going well. I'm sure you and your DH will both be glad when its done! Have your son's migraines gotten better since that episode?

Regarding woodstove use and costs, I did some pencilling. Not buying firewood and not having the chimney/stove service done annually will save me over $300 per year, probably more. That would pay for a lot of electricity. The costs here aren't exhorbitant, most of our electricity is hydropower. Still want to swing by the woodstove place.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Barbie! You get my month started on the right step. As others have said, YOU ARE APPRECIATED!!!!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Took a walk to Food Lion and got caught in the rain (again!). Fortunately, one of the neighbors gave me a ride home. Now it's stopped raining. Lucky me...lol

Going to take a shower and then probably get ready for bed.

Michele NC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Barbie … thank you for keeping us going!

Beth
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Barbie, thank you for a new month!
    Tracey, when we were leaving Calgary via hwy 1, we crossed Deerfoot Trail N, I hope you saw me waving to you!! lol The dragon is beautiful and I’m so happy that the whole school thing seems to be coming together!

Sorry ladies, I have been reading and enjoying posts and pics, but not enough time to post regularly. The vacay is going well tho, spending some time with dys and his people, so good to see him after so long.

Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the new gals!

Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Kylia- I really wish dh would not let his mom get to him the way he does. He has been in a really terrible mood- saying we will be better off with him gone, then someone else can take care of her, that he can't do it on his own. I agree but HE has to be the one that changes it. I can't say anything because unless I totally agree with him, I am wrong and he gets very defensive.
    He needs to hire help, put her in a home or finally tell her no once in a while.

Went to class last night- took a small fan because the room gets a bit warm and the three fans they have in the room are not enough. I have one I have been taking but it is too small to do much unless I am right by it. DH told me to take his because it is bigger. Get there- the batteries are dead. So, I suffered for the whole class with no fan. Got too warm, started having asthma attack. Luckily it was near the end of the class.

Stopped at my friends to pick up her trap to catch the possum- I think her husband put the wrong one out- this one is just like ours- won't trip for nothing. Hit it with a stick over and over and it wont trip to close the door. NOT asking dh for help-not asking him for anything. I text her to see if there was a trick to setting it right. Waiting to hear back from her.
    Going to go out and see if I can figure it out beings she isn't getting back to me.

Debbie

edit- think I have the trap set- hopefully I catch him tonight
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    <3