IF filter feeding

Options
So, as recommended I've been doing my IF filter feeding (with the addition of rice) for a couple weeks now. I was doing a 16/8 schedule, but I switched to a 12/12 schedule because I stopped losing weight and figured I went into starvation mode and need to eat more. Now I'm gaining weight and can't figure out why! Suggestions?

Replies

• pony4us
    pony4us Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just curious, what is filter feeding? Anyway you are gaining weight because you are eating more calories than you need to lose weight.
    This could be because some logging mistakes like not weighing your food or picking a food entry that is wrong or you could be overestimating calories in exercise.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I can't pick food entries because with filter feeding, I get all my nutrients from the sun. Except for the rice. I guess the red rice could be messing with the calorie content of the sticky rice. I'll have to look into it.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    So, as recommended I've been doing my IF filter feeding (with the addition of rice) for a couple weeks now. I was doing a 16/8 schedule, but I switched to a 12/12 schedule because I stopped losing weight and figured I went into starvation mode and need to eat more. Now I'm gaining weight and can't figure out why! Suggestions?

Post of the day!!
  • pony4us
    pony4us Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the sun.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,426 Member
    Options
    Well, if I were to do this accidentally I'd be fine as the weather has been utterly shite for the past two weeks and will be shite for another two at least. I might still better stop this... just in case I do.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    Filter faster. Do it at HIIT intensity. That will fire up your mitochondria and jumpstart your metabolism. LISS filtering does nothing, total waste of time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    What time of the day are you going out into the sun? It's gotta be the UV content.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Your filter may be clogged and needs to be cleaned or possibly replaced.
  • sollyn23l2
    Options
    OMG yes!!! You're right. I forgot to HIIT filter. Also agree that I must have been going out too early. HIIT filtering at 12:00 should make all the difference.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    OMG yes!!! You're right. I forgot to HIIT filter. Also agree that I must have been going out too early. HIIT filtering at 12:00 should make all the difference.
    Also check cloud covering because that matters too.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options

I had some cognitive dissonance when I saw who posted this and the first sentence, but as soon as I saw "starvation mode" I figured it out and then kicked myself for not seeing it earlier :lol:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Oh also DON'T use and SPF lotion. You'll reduce the effectiveness of UV exposure.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,551 Member
    Options
    Wait. What?

Surely you’re using the miracle fat-burning rice? No?

I can hook you via my MLM.
  • sollyn23l2
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Wait. What?

Surely you’re using the miracle fat-burning rice? No?

I can hook you via my MLM.

I need some of this. Like, now. Hook me up lady. 💜
  • sollyn23l2
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Oh also DON'T use and SPF lotion. You'll reduce the effectiveness of UV exposure.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I'd never. Way too toxic with all the chemicals.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,723 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I order my miracle rice from Amazon but I do filter my sun through previously frozen (and sometimes never frozen, very occasionally even canned) vegetables! For chemicals, I use the golden arches especially when they have vanilla cones on sale. Should I give up now?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I order my miracle rice from Amazon but I do filter my sun through previously frozen (and sometimes never frozen, very occasionally even canned) vegetables! For chemicals, I use the golden arches especially when they have vanilla cones on sale. Should I give up now?

As long as you use the arches as your pull-up bar, you're good (so pull up to the bar, and have a cone, eh?).

For reps: One! Two! Three! Four! . . . .
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Don't forget to use the foot pads that remove toxins too. This will increase fat burn.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png