Stomachaches after Eating?

Options
Does anyone else experiences stomachaches after eating? It doesn’t matter what I eat or how much I eat, I always get stomachaches after. Could this be a sign of food allergies? I’m going to start logging what foods I eat to see if there are patterns.

Replies

• PeachHibiscus
    PeachHibiscus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If this were me, and I were consistently experiencing a stomachache after eating, I'd see a doctor for advice just to be on the safe side. I wish you the best and I hope this gets better for you!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    With everything, even small amounts? What about drinking? What if you drink tea without sugar or milk, or just water? yeah, start a journal on what you eat and drink and what causes problem. Collect some data. And prepare yourself for an elimination diet, which, if your gp is listening will probably be the next thing.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I have IBS, so I know this pain all too well. I’ve been trying the low FODMAP diet (basically an elimination diet like stated above) and it’s helped reduce symptoms / figure out what my specific triggers are.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Hayd1127 wrote: »
    Does anyone else experiences stomachaches after eating? It doesn’t matter what I eat or how much I eat, I always get stomachaches after. Could this be a sign of food allergies? I’m going to start logging what foods I eat to see if there are patterns.

If literally everything causes the stomachache, and literally nothing that you eat doesn't cause it, I don't see the point of looking for more detailed patterns.

See your doctor.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Do see your doctor.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,120 Member
    Options
    Hayd1127 wrote: »

Go see a doctor. This could be nothing, or it could be serious. Asking strangers on the internet is not the way to deal with it.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Used to. Every time I ate anything. Took years to identify. 20 years? Spinach. One tiny bit and every time I eat for 6 weeks after I get a headache, stomach ache, feel gassy, bloated. Drinking water produces same effect only for a week or so. Good luck finding it.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    Used to. Every time I ate anything. Took years to identify. 20 years? Spinach. One tiny bit and every time I eat for 6 weeks after I get a headache, stomach ache, feel gassy, bloated. Drinking water produces same effect only for a week or so. Good luck finding it.

From water? I get the spinach... but... water? How did you figure this out? Did you stop drinking water? And if so... how? I want to learn your ways.
  • Sumandigital23
    Sumandigital23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    yes i also have same issue
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,926 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »

From water? I get the spinach... but... water? How did you figure this out? Did you stop drinking water? And if so... how? I want to learn your ways.

Don't know quite how to explain it. When I eat spinach, my stomach hurts, I get a headache, I'm bloated, just a general feeling of being unwell--like the flu. The first few days it's 24-7. For a week or two, if I don't eat for 4-5 hours, it fades away. If I eat or drink anything, even water, it comes right back and lasts 4-5 hours or until I eat again. As time goes by, it gets better, but I still get a slight headache every time I eat for weeks.

How i figured out what it was. I have never liked spinach, so never ate it, EXCEPT when I ate a salad with mixed greens away from home. Of course I didn't realize it then. I figured it out when V-8 came out with their sparkling fruit juices with healthy vegetables. (Forgot the name). I loved that stuff! But I always regretted drinking it. I read the ingredients and immediately suspected, since spinach was the only ingredient I didn't consume regularly. It wasn't hard to confirm.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »

Don't know quite how to explain it. When I eat spinach, my stomach hurts, I get a headache, I'm bloated, just a general feeling of being unwell--like the flu. The first few days it's 24-7. For a week or two, if I don't eat for 4-5 hours, it fades away. If I eat or drink anything, even water, it comes right back and lasts 4-5 hours or until I eat again. As time goes by, it gets better, but I still get a slight headache every time I eat for weeks.

How i figured out what it was. I have never liked spinach, so never ate it, EXCEPT when I ate a salad with mixed greens away from home. Of course I didn't realize it then. I figured it out when V-8 came out with their sparkling fruit juices with healthy vegetables. (Forgot the name). I loved that stuff! But I always regretted drinking it. I read the ingredients and immediately suspected, since spinach was the only ingredient I didn't consume regularly. It wasn't hard to confirm.

Ohhh, ok. I get it now. The vegetables irritate your stomach, then over the next couple days, anything you eat or drink hurts your stomach. That sucks.