All progress crashing down

Options
Hi people. I am currently on a 30 day vacation here in China. I'm struggling to keep in shape and keep my mindfulness and discipline. There is close to no healthy food available as my grandma always makes the most oily and carb high food (noodles, dumplings, etc)

It is very hot here in China as there was just a heat wave with temperature reaching up to 91 degrees fahrenheit with 95 percent humidity. I run as a hobby so not being able to run had caused me to fall severely off track.

I am doing bodyweight workouts inside and am trying to hit 12k steps per day but it still is not enough.

I have also fallen off track mentally, as I no longer meditate nor journal.

All of this combined with severe jet lag(12 hours) has made me feel like my progress was all for nothing and that I have to start at square one when I get back to America.

I am looking for advice on what to do. I feel very lost.

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    First, dont beat yourself up. It isn't like you are weak. You have a lot of everything going against you. I'll tell you what I'd do. I'd intermittent fast. I wouldn't eat until noon or 1 o'clock and not eat after 8. Drink a lot of water.. and try to get grandma to make you steamed vegetables to put with your noodles or rice. That stiffling heat?.. it would be dangerous for you to run. Could you take a very early morning walk?

the early morning walk.. with the 8 hour eating window would help you at least maintain until you get back.
  • yondseu
    yondseu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will try to convince my grandma to let me intermittent fast. I am not sure if I can do early morning walks since the jet lag has interrupted my sleep and I am waking up at 9am every day but I will try to do late afternoon walks.