MOTIVATION & ACCOUNTABILITY

Options
123457»

Replies

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    23Bougie wrote: »
    Is anyone interested in being a daily accountability partner (even outside of this app?)

I’m happy to be a daily accountability partner with you @23Bougie - but I’ll only do it through this app. Just come here each day two to three times and share what’s happening with you. The more often you own up to what’s going on the better things go.
    You can also post to newsfeed if you want to do that instead. I’ll be there and reply. I’m on this app several times a day - which helps me.
  • 23Bougie
    23Bougie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feeling strong this Sunday morning. I’m off to a good start with my food and exercise. I hope everyone is doing well and staying focused.
  • desertbloom415
    desertbloom415 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Was pretty stressed before I finished moving storage spaces today - woohoo it's done! Losing wt bc of stress from it and flying to Abq NM in 2 days for my dad's thyroid cancer surgery Wed morning. Haven't flown since my stroke and even a while before that. Got my covid and flu shots last week so I'm glad that's out of the way. Today was the final day of moving storage spaces which I worked really hard to get done even though I don't have to be out til the 31st. I know if I don't get it done before traveling that I'll just stress about it and if the surgery doesn't go well I won't be back in time to finish it. I was really anxious earlier but now that I've gotten it done I feel so much better and know I'll sleep well tonight. Friends invited me out this morning to watch the 49er game which was super fun but I wish it'd been more of a stress relief - it was a close one. Shouldn't have had that Irish coffee bc i'm super sensitive to caffeine and I think that's what made me extra stressed. Good to know as the upcoming week will be stressful and I'll definitely stick to decaf lol.

• desertbloom415
    Options
    23Bougie wrote: »
    Is anyone interested in being a daily accountability partner (even outside of this app?)

Sure, it's good timing too because I'm going out of town Tuesday and it'd help me stay on track!
  • desertbloom415
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    Original weight end last week of August: 202
    Today’s Friday weigh in: 196.3

This is about 1 pound per week, losing it steadily.

Last time I weighed this low was November 22nd 2022.

My progress is slow, but what I’m doing is working for me 😀

You all are a part of what’s been helping me, so let’s keep posting 😀

Fantastic! Steady loss is the way to go!
  • 23Bougie
    Options
    Was pretty stressed before I finished moving storage spaces today - woohoo it's done! Losing wt bc of stress from it and flying to Abq NM in 2 days for my dad's thyroid cancer surgery Wed morning. Haven't flown since my stroke and even a while before that. Got my covid and flu shots last week so I'm glad that's out of the way. Today was the final day of moving storage spaces which I worked really hard to get done even though I don't have to be out til the 31st. I know if I don't get it done before traveling that I'll just stress about it and if the surgery doesn't go well I won't be back in time to finish it. I was really anxious earlier but now that I've gotten it done I feel so much better and know I'll sleep well tonight. Friends invited me out this morning to watch the 49er game which was super fun but I wish it'd been more of a stress relief - it was a close one. Shouldn't have had that Irish coffee bc i'm super sensitive to caffeine and I think that's what made me extra stressed. Good to know as the upcoming week will be stressful and I'll definitely stick to decaf lol.
    I’m sorry about your stress level and your dad’s health issues! You were smart to take care of what you needed to do just to get it off your plate! I hope all goes well this week. Sending you good vibes. 🫶🏼
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    any feedback on the absolute , easiest tool to track your steps ?

The Fitbit Inspire 2 is a very small and light wrist band. They sell for $100 new, but I bought a used one for $20 on ebay. I've had it for over a year now. It tracks steps very well and it can sync right up to your MFP account if you set that up.

Usually I won't sleep with a watch on, but the Fitbit Inspire 2 is so small and unobtrusive I do sleep with it, and Fitbit does a great job on tracking sleep. That has helped me be more mindful on getting better rest.

They came out with a newer model recently, the Fitbit Inspire 3, if you have the money I recommend it.
  • PoppDillon
    PoppDillon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Monday (Australia time!) weigh in.
    Starting weight: 215lb
    Current weight: 210lb
    Short term goal: 200lb
    Goal weight: 175lb
    Hit a small plateau - I think it's because it has been a while since I tracked on a regular basis so I has forgotten the cyclical nature of my weight loss. Premenstrual cravings are a bugger!
  • bonitanerat
    bonitanerat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    F54 and married, trying to lose 20-30lbs. Not my first rodeo with MFP or any other program for that matter...I think I've tried them all. I'm an emotional/stress/bordom eater who doesn't make time for herself. I workout (HITT Cycling class) at least 1-2 weekly and just started back to Yoga 1time weekly. I'd like to start lifting weights again to help with overall wellness, muscle tone and bone health. I'd also like to have a daily meditation practice. I have adult children at home going to community colleges and my husband, who I cook for. They are on board with healthy meals, but my issues come in with eating junk at work that other's bring in. I have not will power that way. I'm looking for accountability in tracking ALL my food daily. I know from past experiences if I track I lose.
  • bonitanerat
    bonitanerat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    tashrifica wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm still here. I pop on daily to see how everyone is doing in hopes i can find my motivation again. I've been dealing with some family health issues and its taking everything I've got to keep my kiddo going, so I've not been able to stay on my plan. I'm feeling gross, tired, uninspired and a tad bit hopeless. I was also out of town this past weekend which meant eating out, or not eating when i should. Yesterday i forced myself to take the dogs for a walk with my daughter and I'm trying to focus on better sleep so I've been going to bed earlier. This morning i woke up an hour earlier than normal so i walked around my house while i had my coffee and watched my show. It felt small, but like something positive. I'm hoping things get back to normal soon. I'm hoping everyone is having a great week :)

Baby steps are a great way to get back on top of things. Remember to look back at the small accomplishments.
  • 23Bougie
    Options
    Hi all! I’ve been off this grid for a while caring for my mom. It’s the eve of the holiday season of excess and I am determined to stay on track as best as I can. I am still searching for the inner motivation to really slay this weight loss. Thanks for all who check in and encourage one another.