What’s biggest factor?

Options
2»

Replies

• MurphmomSparkles
    MurphmomSparkles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @kristianwalvatne If not in the right mindset to lose weight I would cultivate self-love through something like loving-kindness meditation, or maybe working with a coach or therapist as a starting point, and start exploring the "why" for the goals.

I was listening to a podcast recently from a professional who is a leader in their field and she mentioned that she very frequently gets coaching. It made an impression on me. It's easy to think that people who are successful are just naturally good at whatever and don't struggle but maybe it's the case that they frequently ask for help and don't quit.

When I have been successful at weight loss it was when I felt that my current weight/path was something I was no longer willing to accept, because I didn't feel comfortable in my skin and also willing to do whatever it takes to get to a healthier place, that change is possible, and that I deserve to have that for my future.

Although food plays the biggest role in weight loss, exercise provides endorphins which are so important for mental health. Exercise may not be making me lose weight, but it is helping me keep my brain in a positive place so that I feel strong and don't want to quit as well as reality check with where my fitness level is. It's easy to ignore a poor fitness level when I don't try to do anything 😳.
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    My end goals are the biggest factors. Those are, in no order:
    Achieving my black belt, continuing to get good yearly checkup reports from the doctor, being an example to my family, having a beach-worthy body to get the maximum amount of sun (I don’t think I’ve ever had this in my life).
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Just about everything mentioned here only works consistently when its combined with a discipline. The best plan means nothing without the discipline to follow it. Being flexible requires the discipline to not give up and adapt to change. Having goals are only achieved by the displine implemented in working towards them. Discipline equals freedom....
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    MrDub88 wrote: »
    Planning with flexibility

I have found this to be pretty successful for me as well. What area do you find the most need for flexibility?

Normally breakfast and lunch are always same. Dinners and weekends can vary.