Hello from Boston: Ready to Tackle New Challenges

Options
Hey, MFP Folks,

I hope this message finds you all in good health and high spirits. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and share a bit of my journey with you all.

Originally, I'm a New Yorker, but recently, I made a big move to Boston. My fiancé is pursuing a Ph.D., so we decided to embark on this new adventure together. I'm a project manager working from home, which keeps me pretty busy, but that's not the only thing that's kept me occupied this summer.

A while back, I had an incredible journey while living in Madrid. I managed to shed a whopping 65 pounds, and it felt amazing. But, as you might guess, the pandemic came along and caused quite the rebound. Life threw some curveballs my way, including a diagnosis of Spondyloarthritis, a chronic illness that has turned my world upside down.

Over the past few months, this condition has taken a toll on me, making even the simplest tasks a challenge on some days. I've had to get acquainted with the world of using mobility aides during flare-ups, and it's been quite the adjustment.

But here's the silver lining: I'm determined not to let this setback define me. I've decided it's time to take control of my health, and that starts with my fitness and weight. I'm on a mission to shed the extra pounds I've gained.

My goal? To lose around 50-60 pounds and regain my active lifestyle. I know it won't be easy, but I'm up for the challenge, and I believe that with the right support, anything is possible.

I've done it once, and I'm feeling motivated to do it again, with your help.

That's where you all come in. I'm here on MyFitnessPal to find new friends who can help keep me accountable on this journey. I'm also a Fitbit user, so if you're into challenges and friendly competition, I'd love to connect with you there as well.

Let's motivate each other, share our successes (no matter how small they may seem), and offer support during the tough times. Together, we can achieve our fitness goals and remind ourselves that we're not alone in this journey.

Looking forward to making some new friends and achieving our fitness dreams together!

Replies

• zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP.

i'm sorry to hear about you developing Spondyloarthritis, but it sounds like you're ready to rise the the challenge. good for you!

i'm not at all competitive, although i am a fitbit user. i've been working around injuries for a while now, and i'm re-developing strength and flexibility. it's a long where from where i was a few years ago, but i'm still happy to have progressed in the last year and a half.