Menopause and Fitness and forgiveness

Options
Hello!
I’m on day-3 of tracking macros and exercising. Wish me luck and success.

At the start of the pandemic, I incorporated new nutrition and exercise that helped me lose 58 pounds. Late 2021, I started menopause, avoiding grief, and eating unhealthy foods that completely destroyed my lifestyle gaining back 47. I gave up on myself basically.
Although I addressed the hormones, or lack of, I kept on eating, feeling terrible about gaining so much weight back. During my workout yesterday, I cried and forgave myself and recommitted to treating my body better. So here we go with day 3!

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,994 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the MyFitnessPal Community! You’ve got this!!
  • Juslilly
    Juslilly Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don’t be so hard on yourself. Those of us that struggle with weight issues have done the same thing time and time again. Menopause can be rough, but with hard work, you will get the weight off. It may just take longer. But the hardest part is over… you made up your mind and started again. It’s all you can do. No use crying over spilled milk. It doesn’t help. Think positively. Visualize yourself at your happy weight… everyday. Focus on how good that feels. Have an action plan in place that incorporates healthy meals along with exercise. And before you know it, you will be looking your best and living your best life.
  • Trishie416
    Trishie416 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Menopause ruined me! I’ve had enough now and am determined to get from 183 to 125. I have shamed myself and it only leads to more shame. I have a good life and the one thing that casts a shadow is how I feel about myself physically. My adult daughter went no contact and that destroyed my sense of self. I hated on myself for three years. Now I’ve had enough and have got my mojo back. Now I want my looks back. :)