Better Health, Mind, & Body!

Options
Hi! I'm in my 40s. I'm starting a journey for better health, mind, and body. Goal is to lose 20 lbs then maintain it. Want to feel strong upper body. Tired of feeling stiff. Ready for friends to talk with throughout the journey.

Replies

• SamuLH
    SamuLH Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just getting started also; I’m a little older (56) and have more than 20 to lose, but I’d like to find a group of supportive folks who I can take encouragement from, and offer some in return! Feel free to send a friend request, and all the best on your journey!
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good luck and enjoy the journey!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

It's smart to get stronger in your 40s. If we don't challenge our muscles, we lose them as we age. That makes daily life less easy/convenient, lowers our calorie needs, and more. You can do it!

Best wishes!
  • kqqpb8kq2q
    kqqpb8kq2q Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’m 43 and losing weight now is so much harder than it was in my 20s or 30s. All I had to do then was cut soda and that was it.

Now I have to work out and watch what I eat.

Good luck!
  • jasond2424
    jasond2424 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and still am able to lose the weight pretty easily but it's the food that I intake that is not good. Just to much. Would love to have people to check in with. Hope your journey is a great one!