Glad to be back

Options
Hi everyone
After many years of being away from Fit Pal,I am back.
I first used fitpal to get healthier for my new granddaughter, she is 11 now.I lost around 50lb,I felt great,I then lapsed from fitpal and it gradually crept back on and more :'(
I have tried various ways to lose weight but with little success, over the last 2 years I have lost 2lb but very very slow,I have been told I have pre diabetes, so I have to get serious .I now feel ready to come back again ,and it's just like coming home <3
Looking forward to making lots of new friends 😊

Replies

• GloryC1
    GloryC1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a newcomer to myfitnesspal. Recently I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes so I need to lower my carbs, exercise, and lose weight. Putting myself first is not something I've ever been good at doing so this is my wake-up call. I'm going to need all the help I can get!
  • krazykarenn
    krazykarenn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I’m back after a long break too. I have always hated tracking and rebelled against it. I don’t know why this time is different, but now I don’t mind it. Just the right time, I guess.
  • medic1027
    medic1027 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I have gotten back on MFP after a 4 year absence. I am a retired fire captain and 40 year paramedic who was really active and focused on my health a few years ago. Life has slowed down for me and I find myself heavier now than I have ever been. I'm setting a goal to lose 50 lbs in the next 12 months, and I think MFP will be an awesome tool to help me on my journey. It's a great app and this is a very supportive community. Best of luck to all of you!!!! Scott
  • deanpem
    deanpem Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I’ve re-committed to MFP. I turned 60 this year and still carrying around 50 extra pounds. Haven’t done the social aspect hoping this helps keep me focused. This is a great app I always come back to it. We can do this!
  • jpms67
    jpms67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've recently started back with MFP, but I've been using it off and on for the past 10 years, my daughter introduced me to the app. My weight loss experience has been like a roller coaster, losing weight, getting close to my goal weight and then gaining it all back and plus some. My goal is to lose a little over 100 lbs, losing the weight isn't too hard for me, it's controlling my portions and eating when I'm not hungry or eating when I'm stressed, I'm praying I can finally hit my goal weight this time. 🙏🏼