Loosing weight rapidly but leading to lower back pain

Options
I am 34,M and have recently started fasting along with workouts.
Since I began within 22 days I have lost around 11.24 pounds or 5.1Kgs.
However I have started to experience lower back pain from last few days.
Is it due to rapid weight loss.
Happy to hear from anyone if they have experienced something like this.

Replies

• herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    What kind of workouts are you doing?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,035 Member
    Options
    I think it's more probable that your increase in exercise is causing it, however 11 pounds in 22 day is quite fast, and fasting? How long are your fasts? That can cause issues with organs, which theoretically could result in back pain. Is it muscular pain? Internal? Osteo?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    Almost 4 pounds per week is way too fast, unless you are very very overweight.

The back pain is more likely from your workout, but do stop under eating.

zb01anlce0b1.png
  • Livin_At_The_Gym
    Livin_At_The_Gym Posts: 39 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    hi,

idk if this would apply to you but I have chronic lower back pain. Im 5'8" and was 350.1 pounds at my heaviest. As I lost weight I also was losing pretty quickly. My back pain I assumed would get better but it got way worse over the past year. I carried my weight in my gut as many people do so what I was told is that my spine slowly adjusted over the years to my new ever increasing belly gains and the posture it caused. Since I lost weight quickly (98 pounds in a year) my spine didn't have as much time to adjust to my new posture and weight distribution. Also my back muscles and tendons suffered the same fate. PT helped and im going to a chiropractor for spinal decompression sessions which are life changing!! Best advice is talk to a doctor who can assess and give you the proper testing and advice. As you can see from all of the posts there could be many different causes. DO NOT let this fall by the wayside. Back issues can be life altering in the worst ways.

Hope this helps some.