The Most Perfect Foods in the Universe

Options
tumbledownhouse
tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
I just saw a post on buzzfeed which detailed what they believe to be the most perfect foods in the universe (http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/most-perfect-foods-in-the-universe)

and in some cases, they certainly weren't wrong...

Double Decker French Toast Grilled Cheese Sandwich Topped and Filled with Poached Eggs
enhanced-buzz-14267-1368213720-4.jpg

*DROOL*

So, I put it to you, MFP community, what are your most perfect foods? This could be your all time favourite recipe, a photo of a great thing you have eaten, your desert island ingredients, death row meals, an amazing and delicious low-cal treat or really just anything that you think that everyone should just TRY!

Whaddyouall reckon?

Replies

• CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.

/end thread

;)
  • tumbledownhouse
    Options
    BOOOOOO!!

Ok, I challenge you to post the most perfect chocolate recipe/bar etc!
  • shananagans23
    shananagans23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ranking high on the calorie list... I love a good thick prime rib. Of course this is few and far between but it's delicious when it happens.
  • punkture
    Options
    Domino's cheesy crust pizza

/thread
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate with Peppermint in the middle.
    There is nothing more perfect than that.
  • candirose69
    Options
    Nonna's lasagna God rest her soul!

Aside from that probably my dad's bourbon chocolate mud cake...its like eating fudge :)
  • tumbledownhouse
    Options

/thread

Really? Of all the foods in all the world... you must have never watched diners, drive ins and dives!
  • yumeish
    Options
    There must be something wrong with me because a lot of those weren't particularly appetising. Or perhaps it's just because I'm not American.

As for My Ultimate Favourite Food, that is a really hard question. Tends to change according my mood, the time of the year... But I'm currently salivating over this absolutely delicious dish we shared with my boyfriend in a restaurant in Cyprus. Brie, baked in the oven with a pile of seasonal berries and some herbs. I can't even begin to explain how delicious it was, in it's simplicity. And i don't even like brie.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    There must be something wrong with me because a lot of those weren't particularly appetising. Or perhaps it's just because I'm not American.

So post what rocks foodwise for you instead of being unnecessarily snobbish. :flowerforyou:
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

No...I agree with you and I am American
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    33bej9v.jpg
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

/thread

Really? Of all the foods in all the world... you must have never watched diners, drive ins and dives!

I want fried chicken and waffles . Is it good Americans?
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Nachos! Damn I love nachos.
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I Really love a Monte Cristo from Bennigans.... turkey and ham with Swiss cheese and Cheddar cheese covered in dough deep friend and covered with powdered sugar with raspberry jam

*drooling*

I must figure out how to make this Gluten free and maybe ill let the processed meat and cheese slide lol
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options

As for My Ultimate Favourite Food, that is a really hard question. Tends to change according my mood, the time of the year... But I'm currently salivating over this absolutely delicious dish we shared with my boyfriend in a restaurant in Cyprus. Brie, baked in the oven with a pile of seasonal berries and some herbs. I can't even begin to explain how delicious it was, in it's simplicity. And i don't even like brie.

No I don't like brie either- but it works!
    Closely related to this, camembert wrapped in filo pastry and baked with tart berries and herbs. Honestly the most delicious starter I have ever had.

My desert island ingredients would have to be mushrooms cream eggs and bacon. Could live on these foods!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Urgh - just looked at the buzzfeed list. What's the obsession with sweet, fried food with meat at the moment?

The mac'n'cheese burger was probably closest to my favourite comfort food - homemade macaroni cheese with bacon, leek and mushrooms. Using a cheddar and onion cheese in the sauce and topping it with parmesan cheese for a crunch... Mmmmm.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter!
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Peanut Butter!
    I think peanut butter on a brick would taste great
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Chicken chimichanga. Lots of quacamole and sour cream and refried beens.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a post about superfoods and the most healthy/nutritious food for humans, and I was going to come in and post "breast milk" (because it is, well, for little baby and toddler humans it is...)

but it wasn't about that

IMO the most perfect food is lamb vindaloo on pilau rice with garlic naan bread, poppadoms, mango chutney and the other chutneys that come with poppadoms and a side serving of saag aloo or aloo chat and lychees for dessert. In my obese days that would have been just one meal :laugh: but nowadays I'd break it down into several smaller meals and prolong the enjoyment and maintain a healthy body fat percentage :flowerforyou: I like this whole several meals for the price of one thing I have going on these days! :drinker: