The Most Perfect Foods in the Universe

Options

Replies

• Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    There must be something wrong with me because a lot of those weren't particularly appetising. Or perhaps it's just because I'm not American.

No...I agree with you and I am American

Me too! A lot of those foods combined items that, separately, would be great. But I don't want my macaroni and cheese ON my burger.

I love the simple things like popcorn with butter - - - the nice but naughty snack.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    There must be something wrong with me because a lot of those weren't particularly appetising. Or perhaps it's just because I'm not American.

Me too! A lot of those foods combined items that, separately, would be great. But I don't want my macaroni and cheese ON my burger.

I love the simple things like popcorn with butter - - - the nice but naughty snack.

You are missing out

Patty of 50/50 ground beef and hot italian sausage topped with a fontina, parm and pancetta baked mac n cheese

IMG_20130611_184322.jpg
    IMG_20130611_184423.jpg
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Tacos. My tacos. Lots of them. With seasoned ground beef, onions, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and drizzled with Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce layered in a fried corn tortilla. Did I say lots of them? The most perfect macro combination on the planet IMO :tongue:
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    [Navy Days]

We pulled into Souda Bay, Greece. A shipmate and I stopped at this outside-dining place. He recommended I try what he's having, so I went with it. It was the best dish I've ever had.

"Αρνί στο φούρνο με πατάτες" or "Oven-baked lamb with potatoes".

To add on, the best drink was the Slate 20 out of Scotland. Sadly, they discontinued it (I wanted to import some). :[

If I had it my way, I'd have that dish and that drink once a week. :]
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I reckon anything that keeps a human being alive is perfect.

It is very easy to debate (and google) the pros and cons of this and that food with regard to fat/nutrient/macro/whatever but when it comes to food, sustenance, it's pretty simple.

It either keeps you alive, or it doesn't.

We really do get bogged down in the details sometimes ...

Oh, bother. Lighten up and indulge our senses!
  • Ranocchia
    Ranocchia Posts: 73 Member
    Options

You are missing out

Patty of 50/50 ground beef and hot italian sausage topped with a fontina, parm and pancetta baked mac n cheese

IMG_20130611_184322.jpg
    IMG_20130611_184423.jpg

oh my god.
    is that really a patty with pasta on top?
    and fontina?
    in italy they would kill you.

No, in Italy WE would kill you.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Here is my best in class

Appetizers: Fried Calamari or chicken wings (dusted and fried)
    Main: toss up between A good juicy burger served on a no-bu11sh!t bun, a ribeye cooked medium rare, and a wood fire pizza (like from Naples)
    Desert: creme brule, hands down.

Forgot about pasta carbonara... oh man.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

You are missing out

IMG_20130611_184322.jpg
    IMG_20130611_184423.jpg

oh my god.
    is that really a patty with pasta on top?
    and fontina?
    in italy they would kill you.

No, in Italy WE would kill you.

:wink:
  • tumbledownhouse
    tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    In Nigella Lawson's book "Feast" she has an uncharacteristically macabre moment where she recounts requested last meals from prisoners on death row from a website issues by the Texas Department of Corrections, and lists some of her "favourites". I was fascinated by this, here is the list:

"1. Four pieces of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, two pints of ice cream, one bacon double cheeseburger and two vanilla cokes

2. Double meat cheeseburger (with jalapenos and trimmings on the side), vanilla malt, french fries, onion rings, ketchup, hot picante sauce, vanilla ice cream, two cokes, two dr peppers and a chicken fired steak sandwich with cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes and salad dressing

3. One cup of hot tea (from tea bags) and six chocolate chip cookies

4. Steak, baked potato, cherry cheesecake, salad, blue cheese dressing, rolls, coke, coffee, strawberries and oranges

5. Liver and onions, two double meat hamburgers with bacon and mayonnaise, two orders of french fries, vanilla ice cream, two dr peppers, salad with ranch dressing and M&Ms

6. thirty jumbo shrimp, cocktail sauce, baked potato, french fires, ketchup, butter, one t-bone steak, one chocolate malt, one gallon vanilla ice cream and three cans of big red

7. One whole fried chicken (extra crispy), salad with thousand island dressing, french toast, two diet cokes, one apple pie and french fries.

They all seem quite similar to me!
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    OMG drool..
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    BOOOOOO!!

Ok, I challenge you to post the most perfect chocolate recipe/bar etc!

Anything chocolate.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

So post what rocks foodwise for you instead of being unnecessarily snobbish. :flowerforyou:

She did......keep reading

She edited... keep reading.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    In Nigella Lawson's book "Feast" she has an uncharacteristically macabre moment where she recounts requested last meals from prisoners on death row from a website issues by the Texas Department of Corrections, and lists some of her "favourites". I was fascinated by this, here is the list:

3. One cup of hot tea (from tea bags) and six chocolate chip cookies

Oh man, like he wants his mom or something... sad. Whatever happened. Especially in Texas.

Right now I'm remembering a squid ink pasta w marinara sauce I had some years ago while travelling in Sicily. That was great.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    BACON.................................with anything.

The End.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • shelliew1988
    shelliew1988 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Burritos in fact any kind of wrap, Fajitas ect <3
  • boydglin
    Options
    chicken drumsticks rubbed with salt, olive oil, rosemary and some thick wedges of lemon rindthen marinated over night.

shallow fry the chicken in butter until golden and crispy. placed into a baking dish and cooked in the oven for 20 minutes. meanwhile deglaze the butter from the pan with a little vino cotto to make a sauce. pull the chicken out and throw in some raisins, capers and green olives then pour the sauce made from the butter and vinno cotto all over the top and bake for a further 20 mins.

serve with a side of steamed broccoli sprinkled with some toasted almond slivers, a drissle of olive oil and some lemon juice.

desert would be an apple and rosemary sponge pudding.

i think im going to break the diet right now hahahahahaha
    this is by far my go to meal for impressing guests and is what i would eat if i could only ever eat one thing again before i died
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes, bananas, and hogs.
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Pizzas & Whisky :drinker:
  • GJRicketts
    GJRicketts Posts: 52 Member
    Options

So post what rocks foodwise for you instead of being unnecessarily snobbish. :flowerforyou:

LOL, Yes, we do come across like that sometimes - it's just our funny accent, we even write like it old bean :laugh: OK, as a Brit (and on behalf of my American fiancée, who loves our food as much as I love American foods) lets try a Brit List of:

Roast Beef, Roast King Edwards, Yorkshire Pudding, Selection of fresh veg with gravy.
    Fish and Chips.
    Chicken Tikka Masala (for the milder taste).
    Lamb Vindaloo (for something wtih a bit more kick).
    Doner Kebab (pitta or wrap). Yes, this is middle eastern but according to my fiancée, you're not going to get much better than one made in England.

Will that do for openers?

OK, as a Brit then my favorite American foods:

Gumbo.
    Jambalaya.
    Pulled Pork (or beef, or lamb - Just pulled meat of any flavor FNAR! FNAR!)
    Reubens Sandwich
    Burgers!

Now...where did i put my pot of tea and triangular cucumber sandwiches....