The Most Perfect Foods in the Universe

Options

Replies

• GJRicketts
    GJRicketts Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    There must be something wrong with me because a lot of those weren't particularly appetising. Or perhaps it's just because I'm not American.

No...I agree with you and I am American

Me too! A lot of those foods combined items that, separately, would be great. But I don't want my macaroni and cheese ON my burger.

I love the simple things like popcorn with butter - - - the nice but naughty snack.

You are missing out

Patty of 50/50 ground beef and hot italian sausage topped with a fontina, parm and pancetta baked mac n cheese

IMG_20130611_184322.jpg
    IMG_20130611_184423.jpg

I am SO making this! Burger... Mac & Cheese... inna Bun! Hell yes!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Brit List :

homemade cornish pasties
    fish & chips
    welsh lamb
    full english
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    There must be something wrong with me because a lot of those weren't particularly appetising. Or perhaps it's just because I'm not American.

So post what rocks foodwise for you instead of being unnecessarily snobbish. :flowerforyou:

LOL, Yes, we do come across like that sometimes - it's just our funny accent, we even write like it old bean :laugh: OK, as a Brit (and on behalf of my American fiancée, who loves our food as much as I love American foods) lets try a Brit List of:

Roast Beef, Roast King Edwards, Yorkshire Pudding, Selection of fresh veg with gravy.
    Fish and Chips.
    Chicken Tikka Masala (for the milder taste).
    Lamb Vindaloo (for something wtih a bit more kick).
    Doner Kebab (pitta or wrap). Yes, this is middle eastern but according to my fiancée, you're not going to get much better than one made in England.

Will that do for openers?

OK, as a Brit then my favorite American foods:

Gumbo.
    Jambalaya.
    Pulled Pork (or beef, or lamb - Just pulled meat of any flavor FNAR! FNAR!)
    Reubens Sandwich
    Burgers!

Now...where did i put my pot of tea and triangular cucumber sandwiches....

Can't beat the Brits! Thanks for not including shepherd's pie...I tried it both times visiting your lovely country and I just don't get it, but I never had a bad batch of fish and chips!
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    fudge brownies.
    chocolate.
    ice cream.
    chesecake.
    anything sweet.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

Aside from that probably my dad's bourbon chocolate mud cake...its like eating fudge :)

This sounds AMAZING!!!
  • tumbledownhouse
    tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
    Options

I love you.

ALSO I would like to take this opportunity to say that, despite appearances, I am in fact British too. Watched a Jamie Oliver programme about our food though. Basically none of it is ours, all comes from immigrants more or less, like fish and chips is an Italian Jewish thing apparently.

AAAnnyway, in terms of the most perfect foods that are associated with Britain I feel like I have to mention scotch eggs. Maybe I'm a weirdo but mmmmm.
  • missems1
    missems1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Burgers (the cheesier the better)
    Lasagne (again cheesy)
    Pizza (extra cheese)
    Cheese :wink:
    Steak
    Chocolate
    All washed down with Rioja
  • tumbledownhouse
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-23320-1378222482-19.gif
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    cinnamon & raisin bagels.

6348154215_08ed177521.jpg

i'm addicted to these right now.
  • missems1
    missems1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-23320-1378222482-19.gif

want..... right now. I had cake for brekkie and am totally starved
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    look at my profile pic

cheesecake...........Period!!

or this one
    SFS_OreoIceboxCheesecake_0004.jpg
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I love everything. Sigh! Maybe lobster, no prime rib, no pork chop, no squash,no peaches..............
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    2006 Paris, Beef Bourguignon with a red Burgundy wine.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    A steak prepared Pittsburgh style and served with lobster and a great bottle of cabernet. Possibly a chocolate torte for dessert or a glass of Sauternes.

I love the basics.

palm_dinnermenu_images_0004_steaklobster_zps18a166d0.jpg

palm_dinnermenu_images_0005_cake_zps350ecda0.jpg
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Egg rolls. They are my favorite food by far.
  • tumbledownhouse
    Options
    SALIVATING
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bacon, well done, but not too crispy

Peanut Butter

Peanut butter kit kat chunky

Dominos stuffed crust (stuffed with hot dog and mustard) pizza - any topping as long as it's some kind of meat and bbq sauce

:bigsmile:
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I Really love a Monte Cristo from Bennigans.... turkey and ham with Swiss cheese and Cheddar cheese covered in dough deep friend and covered with powdered sugar with raspberry jam

*drooling*

I must figure out how to make this Gluten free and maybe ill let the processed meat and cheese slide lol

All you need is gluten free bread. You could always roast a fresh turkey breast and use good quality cheese. Use gluten free flour to make batter. Its super easy to make most things gluten free. :) Of course, still not so healthy! :)
  • TRixa
    Options
    I saw the "Most Perfect Foods in the Universe" title and thought this was going to be a post about lower calorie foods that have a lot of the nutrients your body needs. Organic strawberries are a perfect food - sweet, lower in calories, and nutritious.
  • bearsmom82
    bearsmom82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A big juicy Nova Scotia lobster, simply steamed, with melted butter and lemon for dipping, and a bottle of chilled Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc.
    Filet mignon expertly seared and served perfectly rare, with a large baked potato and sour cream, with maybe a Henry of Pelham Baco Noir, 2009 preferably.
    Classic Spaghetti Bolognese (the Cooks Illustrated "Best Ever" recipe, with a really fine Chianti.

Not picky at all, am I? :wink:

Of course, it only tastes good served in the company of my wonderful husband.