Eventual wedding

So here's the deal. I recently started dating a guy. We've been exclusive for about 2 months. From the beginning, we just clicked. Like we are soul mates or something. I'm almost positive we are going to get married. Every time I hint about it, he just smiles at me.

What I want to know is, how soon should I start shopping for dresses? I am planning to lose another 30 lbs and don't want to buy something and then have to alter it numerous times. Should I stop losing now and just maintain? If I should wait on the dress part, what are some good workouts and diets that I should do to lose as much as possible before the wedding?.

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    JBU
  • studentgirly
    studentgirly Posts: 129 Member
    Sorry, I really don't mean to be harsh but there is no way at all that you should be thinking about marriage after 2 month!
    Also if you are going to lose weight do it for yourself not for a wedding.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Sorry, I really don't mean to be harsh but there is no way at all that you should be thinking about marriage after 2 month!
    Thank you for your input. You have no idea about the level of our commitment already and how deep our love is for each other. And the weight loss is for me, but I want to look as amazing as possible for my wedding day too.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    this and...

Cart before horse much?

no no no no no no no no no. And yes, I'm being positive about it. Enjoy today and what you have right now. And many moons after he proposes then think about the dress, wait what am I saying stop thinking about him proposing.

no no no no no no no. just no.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    I can't believe you are not already married. What is taking this guy so long to pop the question. I mean 2 months is like an eternity.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Oh yay! Congratulations! I'd probably go ahead and get a dress, but in the size you WANT to be, so you know how much you need to lose. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Your trolling sucks...
  • InForBacon
    Oh yay! Congratulations! I'd probably go ahead and get a dress, but in the size you WANT to be, so you know how much you need to lose. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
    Thank you, this seems like sound advice. :flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Will your dress be made of bacon?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member

OP. Don't listen to this tripe.

My fiancee and I haven't met yet, but we PM a lot on this site. She won me over with promises of asparagus, brussels sprouts, and black licorice. We were engages before we were even on each other's FL. Love doesn't have a time limit on it in either direction. In fact, we have only been friends for a little more than a week. We have been engaged for a little more than a month.

You do what you want to do, and love your man!
  • InForBacon
    Your trolling sucks...
    Not trolling. If you don't have anything useful to add, then you didn't need to hit the reply button.
  • InForBacon

OP. Don't listen to this tripe.

My fiancee and I haven't met yet, but we PM a lot on this site. She won me over with promises of asparagus, brussels sprouts, and black licorice. We were engages before we were even on each other's FL. Love doesn't have a time limit on it in either direction. In fact, we have only been friends for a little more than a week. We have been engaged for a little more than a month.

You do what you want to do, and love your man!
    Thank you for your support.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    I'd probably wait at least until you are officially engaged.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Wait until he proposes to start dress shopping lest you seem crazy.
  • InForBacon
    That is a great idea. I'm sure it will be incorporated somehow.
  • erickirb
    Wait until he proposes to start dress shopping lest you seem crazy.

Crazy is the new "hot" didn't you know?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    this and...

Cart before horse much?

no no no no no no no no no. And yes, I'm being positive about it. Enjoy today and what you have right now. And many moons after he proposes then think about the dress, wait what am I saying stop thinking about him proposing.

I can not believe the level these mean people are going to. This is the motivation and support board. Why can't we all just support the OP. If you don't have anything constructive to say, just roll past the thread and don't hit reply.

After all, aren't we all here for the same reason? To find love?
  • InForBacon
    I can't believe you are not already married. What is taking this guy so long to pop the question. I mean 2 months is like an eternity.
    I've been wondering this myself. I think he just needs to save up for the rings is the only thing holding him back.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    That is a great idea. I'm sure it will be incorporated somehow.

Bacon tiara?
    bacontiara.jpg
  • erickirb
    this and...

Cart before horse much?

I can not believe the level these mean people are going to. This is the motivation and support board. Why can't we all just support the OP. If you don't have anything constructive to say, just roll past the thread and don't hit reply.

After all, aren't we all here for the same reason? To find love?

I'm here for the bacon