• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Ginny It is now Cold Ohio! I am thankful for house, heat, hot water, long johns, and reliable vehicles! I keep telling myself we really only have about 8 weeks of cold, but this is early. ;) I have Halloween headband to wear to work today. Where do you get test strips? I thought those were a European thing.

Internet Being so far out(4 miles), no one provided us service until 2018. A small start up company came in with fiber, high speed, reasonable pricing. They even lowered our pricing and upped our speeds as they got larger. It has been fabulous! Prior to that I used the wireless box from ATT like Rita. I still pay for that so am going to take it to farm. Don't really need it anymore as I can hotspot off my phone, but it is cheaper to keep it. At work we are Spectrum. It has been good as well.

AllieHugs. Sorry I have no input on car. The last one I bought for fuel economy and size was a Ford Escape. I loved the old ones. You should definitely try them out. Some just don't fit right. I do believe that Honda and Toyota both have great track records. Shah, don't let Ford know I said that;) The most fuel efficient one I have is the Miata, but I don't keep my foot out of it-lol!

Massage was wonderful! She said the work I am doing is helping.

I appreciate all of you!
    Healing thoughts!
    Stop, breath, then make a choice today.

<3
    Kylia in COLD Ohio where they are calling for snow showers this evening
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,427 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Regarding cars - we're looking for a reasonable SUV, used, in good shape, because more tiny things are going wrong with the 2014 VW Passat. Now the heater has quit working except through one vent near the driver's side window. Not too worried about it, I dress warm anyway, and the seated heat works.

Carol - I genuinely loved the size of the Ford Escape and the GM Terrain that we owned because of their height off the ground. I'm 5'2" tall, with quite short legs, and they were very easy for me to get in and out of. And the size overall is good--some of the big SUVs are so far off the ground, I'd have to put a step on them, and hate trying to park them in a crowded parking lot. I liked the two of them, as small SUVs, because I could see over the traffic around me, and if necessary see to back out of a parking space. When you're in a car, it seems inevitable that a truck parks on each side of you and you can't safely back up.

Allie - Until the last year, when small electric/electrical things started going wrong, the VW Passat has been a good car. We bought it when it was five years old, because I was still working for the Girl Scouts and driving to Little Rock once or twice a month. At the time, it had 100,000 miles on it, I've put another 35 thousand on it, and the engine is still fine, but it's a diesel. According to my husband, the engine should last for at least 250,000 miles. And it gets 42 to 44 mpg on the highway. It balances out the fact that diesel is so much more expensive here.

More later,
    Love, Lisa
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Happy Halloween to those who celebrate. And here's hoping we can all resist that candy!

Annie in Delaware
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Heather ~ Glad you got the antibiotic for the UTI.

Allie ~ Sweet family photos about Miles's Christening.

Kylia, Ginny, and Michelle ~ We too are expecting cold weather here in GA. First freeze predicted for tonight. Hoping the lawn people will come and blow the ton of leaves off the driveway.

Carol in GA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Today I am taking my car in to address the check engine light and finish getting ready for trick or treat time. It is colder here for Halloween it will be about 35 degrees F. The weather might cut down on the numbers we get at the door! Many now go to churches who have trunk or treat. My church got 1300 coming through.
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Margaret ~ So glad you did your civic duty and tried to get help for the man being beat up! Too bad the 911 people did not seem to understand the urgency.

Also, hope whatever is causing your check engine light to come on is an easy fix!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options