WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2023

Options
1656667686971»

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Ginny - What I find amazing is the utter dark cloud that came down over my entire mind. It reminded me so much of my dark days of depression in the past. I couldn't summon up the least .enthusiasm for anything. Even eating! :o It is reassuring to know it was a physical chemuxtry thing, but also a little humbling to think how dependent we are on our blood/brain barrier. I will definitely mention it in the last chapter of my book. The same thing applies to nutrition, sleep, medication, immune disease etc. Happiness and despair are a blood/brain barrier away.
    I well remember the spectacular hallucinations my mother had with a UTI. Hilarious, but very sad. Afterwards she said that they had been as real as life!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

A UTI is what caused my MIL to fall and break bones in her hand, wrist and ribs. She also hallucinated a LOT until the meds started working. It is why dh has been going over twice a day for the past year and a half. She needed help then, now she just thinks she deserves it.
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lisa ~ I like your pretty red car!

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,236 Member
    Options
    Lanette - When I went into the next door pharmacy to collect my prescription, I couldn't even remember my postcode. :o It is a real lesson for me.

I think the whole family enjoyed the mudbath, because it was so ridiculous! The girls didn't fall over, so weren't covered in mud. I saw a video of their friend's car being towed out by the tractor and them all shouting at the driver that she had left the handbrake on!!! It's a very sociable activity.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,932 Member
    Options
    :) Time to welcome the new month. Here is the link to the the new thread for November

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10902520/women-ages-50-for-november-2023/p1?new=1
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,564 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,715 Member
    Options
    Lisa- gee I need you around
    And Machka yes thats what I was thinking too.. as of this time,honestly I don't drive far so.. like I said im looking if I can't get a new lease will look for a new older car with low miles awd but would like some of the bells and whistles. At my age I think I deserve it.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    So... We'd been talking about getting a different vehicle for weeks, and after the heater stopped working well this weekend, I was just done. I get horribly uneasy when things start going wrong with a car, I'm just waiting for the next one to go wrong. That was the fifth thing in about six months. All minor, I might add, but it was a trend.

So... I went looking for a vehicle all by my lonesome. When I found one that I thought was the right one, I test-drove it over to Corey, who checked all the right things, then he followed me back over to the car place and we signed all the paperwork (almost 90 percent was electronic, on a desk-sized touchscreen!). And... introducing the newest member of the family in the picture below, the 2019 Nissan Kicks. Small SUV, but will hold everything I need to haul around, gets about 37MPG, and had 28,000 miles on it. I would have expected 60,000 on a four-year-old car, as that's the average, so I was pleased with that. Plus it's still under a couple of warranties and for a change we did buy the extended warranty, which made both of us happy. Five years of oil changes, among other things.

Allie - My biggest argument with a car lease is that, much like renting a house, at the end of the time you are done with the lease or rent, you have nothing. No trade-in on another vehicle means you're starting behind the eight-ball with buying a vehicle. When you do have a trade-in, you have wiggle room. I talked the guy down more than $2,000 because he could play with the value of the trade-in as well as the selling price of the car. I got into one lease, but I worried the whole time about how many miles I had left before I violated the lease, and every ding and dent. And when the lease was up, I had to give it back to them, and that was the end of it.

Kinda liking the Kicks so far... Nice to have a back-up camera that works again!

59gdevgm1hez.png

I am slap worn out... I'm going to go take a nap!

Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR

We bought the extended warranty on my car when we bought it almost three years ago- was supposed to be 7yr- got a letter saying it was about to expire- DH called and they said what we bought was a 7yr warranty but 7 yrs from the time the car was made, it was 4 yrs old when we got it(or something like that-only had 23,000miles on it I think). Dh was mad- it was in the little fine print that was not explained to us. we wouldn't have paid that much for that short of time. This dealer has been pulling stuff since we bought the car. We had to fight with them because when we would take it in for an oil change, it wasn't in their computer that we had the warranty that covered oil changes but dh had the paperwork so just showed them. Didn't think too much about it but was irritated that he had to show the paperwork each time. We took it in one time because the windshield had a defect in it(was wavy when the sun hit it just right-thought my eyes were going, even made an appointment to get them checked)
    They again said we didn't have the warranty- SOMEONE there had canceled it, pocketed our cash that we had paid for the warranty. It finally was fixed but not without a hassle.
    They said I needed a 100,000 check, quoted some crazy amount which was more than double the other Nissan dealer in the next town and a lot more than other Nissan dealers. We ended up just having our mechanic do it for 1/4 the price
    This dealer used to be really good. We have bought 4 cars from the Nissan dealer.
    won't be buying from them again.

• CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    OAKIE ~ What a cute Halloween photo!

Carol in GA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Just realized I'm commenting in October, and the November thread is already ready to go... See ya there!

• B23_Kate
    B23_Kate Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well I have someone who wants to buy my car..
    Now I have to see if I can find one that Is good on gas but sits high enough for me and is affordable.
    Ok ladies any of you guys drive smaller cars 4 cylinder all wheel drive that get good gas mileage? Let me know please .

How about a Subaru Forester? They have an excellent reputation for safety and durability.
  • barbiecat
    Options
  • B23_Kate
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    jvxpkiahkeff.png

Thank you, Machka, for posting these inspirational sayings! They are lovely and make me feel better when I read them!
  • B23_Kate
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Vehicles We bought a 2 year old Subaru Outback (I had wanted one sine they first came out! Mostly b/c I loved the name! Lol) The night is perfect for both of us with our back issues. It gets about 29 MPG the way we drive it, but remember we are way out in a rural area so it takes a good 15 min. Of highway driving to get to the city. It only has 50,000 miles 3 years later and hope this will be our last vehicle purchase for a very long time! It has all wheel drive, heated seat, and all the extras. Pricey but was what we wanted and for the long term a good investment.

\b4243f85if56.jpeg
    447qastvfasx.jpeg

RVRita

Congratulations on your new car, Rita!
  • barbiecat
    Options