Quitting smokeless tobacco - Dipping

Options
124»

Replies

• Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options
    TJ_Rugger wrote: »
    60 Days

I started when I was 14 and quit three different times at 20, 21, and 22. Then finally at 23 I quit for real. No relapses since and I'm 36. The difference between quitting and falling back in is reprogramming the habit loop. It's more of a habit than addiction. Chew was always a reward. I got used to having one for certain everyday routines from waking up, showering, after I eat, and reading, etc. You have to break habit loop. Reward yourself with something else. Check out the book The Power of Habit.
  • lifeofpeaceandnature
    lifeofpeaceandnature Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    To those still working on it..... today for me is 238 days.... I just finished my lunch and I'm getting back to work on a project at work..... The though still pops in my head ..... right now I would love to put in a dip and crank out this project. It would definitely help with the stress. But I'm not falling in .... I've been too good for too long.

It's hard... but anyone can do it!

Hit me up if you need some support!

HOLD FAST!

• lifeofpeaceandnature
    lifeofpeaceandnature Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling with cigarettes now. Nicotine is so hard to quit!
  • TJ_Rugger
    TJ_Rugger Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    60 Days

I started when I was 14 and quit three different times at 20, 21, and 22. Then finally at 23 I quit for real. No relapses since and I'm 36. The difference between quitting and falling back in is reprogramming the habit loop. It's more of a habit than addiction. Chew was always a reward. I got used to having one for certain everyday routines from waking up, showering, after I eat, and reading, etc. You have to break habit loop. Reward yourself with something else. Check out the book The Power of Habit.

Yeah routine is the tough part. So it's been 87 days now and last week I had to travel for work and was driving alone for 5 hours, I caved a bit, but I ended up buying a can of pouches and didn't even dip them the entire way and threw the can away the next day. For me, I was always dipping on the 5 hour drive to Charlotte and then in the hotel room while on the computer doing work and it's a tough habit to break. But I haven't had the craving since.
  • BoatMan7
    BoatMan7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    60 Days

Yeah routine is the tough part. So it's been 87 days now and last week I had to travel for work and was driving alone for 5 hours, I caved a bit, but I ended up buying a can of pouches and didn't even dip them the entire way and threw the can away the next day. For me, I was always dipping on the 5 hour drive to Charlotte and then in the hotel room while on the computer doing work and it's a tough habit to break. But I haven't had the craving since.

a few drops of liquid stevia on the tongue helps my cravings. I cant remember where I read that it helps but I decided to try it and it does work.
  • TJ_Rugger
    Options
    Its been 19 days again.... stress builds up and I cave in. I'm trying to fight it off again with the stress from work and the holidays coming up.
  • TJ_Rugger
    Options
    They say, "Never quit quitting!" So I'm on Day 3 again.
  • TJ_Rugger
    Options
    That last one didn't last..... But I'm back quitting again.... day 18 now. I'm using the DipQuit app on my phone. If you're also looking to quit, give that a shot.
  • TJ_Rugger
    Options
    If you're interested 191 days clean. The DipQuit app helped keep me on track. I still miss it sometimes, like when I'm stressed and I have a lot to do, but it's much easier to fight those cravings... one day at a time y'all!
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you folks giving up tobacco!

I never got started (my mother grew up on a small tobacco farm and would have killed me if I used the stuff) but I know from my friends it is insanely hard to quit.

I have nothing but admiration for all-a-y'all...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If you're interested 191 days clean. The DipQuit app helped keep me on track. I still miss it sometimes, like when I'm stressed and I have a lot to do, but it's much easier to fight those cravings... one day at a time y'all!

Fantastic!
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Today marks 1 year! It can be done! Keep Going

I just popped in to say well done! :) To everyone else here, as well.

Mine was rolling tobacco that I quit, glad to be rid, and luckily don't miss it.