Hooters.

Options

Replies

• _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Meh. Women get objectified enough. Hooters is embarrassing for women. I can't imagine a woman who would support such an institution.

^ really? I want to know when sex appeal became disgusting, shameful, or embarasing? They choose to work there because they get good money. That's like saying "don't wear make up or wear heels, women get objectified enough". really?

ALL IM SAYING IS- if there was a (lets just use an example) butler cafe in the US where hot men came and waited on you and offered you food and drinks and were fun and proud of their bodies... Would you think thats shameful and embarrasing? ****, i'd be there everyday.

You don't know the difference between sex appeal and objectification. There is a pretty big difference.

And the problem is that there ISN'T such an institution for men. Hence the objectification of women's bodies. Next thing I know you'll tell me you LOVE the new Robin Thicke video. Lol.

Jeeeeesus! Women can be sexual without being treated like objects for the viewing pleasure of men.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I fear I may end up being the thread-killer here. DH and I used to go to Hooters quite a bit. I really like their wings. The last time we went, we got their Lotsa Tots appetizer, ate half of it, and found a dead roach in it. Um, yeah, that was the LAST time we went. Now we go to BWW or WingStop for wings.

ETA: I just saw another post about roaches, so um, yeah, sounds like it might be a problem. I say eat somewhere nicer, then go to the gentlemen's club for some T&A. :drinker:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    used to live in a town that couldnt afford a hooters...so they made a knock off place called bazookas. lol
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Having never been to a hooters, why go to one?

I've been to them a few times. Of course the first time was just to see what all the bewberz hype was about. Food was decent but really it wasn't anything great. I think I ended up there one other time with a group of hard up middle aged salesmen that thought it was AWESOME. lol. That was fun to watch them interacting.

Overall, I go to a food and beer place for good food an beer. I'm not interested in what the wait staff is wearing or looks like. If they happen to be scantly clothed or hot at a place I really enjoy, so much the better for me.
  • lalalalinzy
    lalalalinzy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Been once, went for the boobs, ate some disgusting wings, will never be back. Hooters sucks, but I also just watched that show over the weekend. And as much as I hated their wings, I hate that Jimbo guy even more. PIG!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    It is a decent sports bar with some eyecandy.

Tilted Kilt is better.

Tilted Kilt's food is awful and over priced.

i think the food at both places are comparable in quality and price. and the waitresses at Tilted Kilt are usually hotter.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have been to a few Hooters, love the clams and the crab legs. Although the last 2 times we went it wasn't as good. The wings are pretty good, I like that you can get them without breading (order them naked, so much better). The chili is pretty good too.

Now we go to Joe's Crab shack for Crab legs and clams, really like them. We don't have too many places around us that you can get that. Clams yes, but steamed clams not so much.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

Tilted Kilt is better.

Yep, this. And I'm a straight, married woman... who very often ends up pointing out the more attractive waitstaff to my husband! :laugh:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

So she chose to ask people on here, so what? And just like you're allowed to post your thoughts, so is she. I can't believe you think this is so odd.

I think it's odd that you think it's odd that I think it's odd.

Isn't that odd???

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    What.The.Hell! After the "boobies" post earlier I expected this to be pictures of cute cuddly owls.

:grumble:
  • tonytedesco
    tonytedesco Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ^ really? I want to know when sex appeal became disgusting, shameful, or embarasing? They choose to work there because they get good money. That's like saying "don't wear make up or wear heels, women get objectified enough". really?

ALL IM SAYING IS- if there was a (lets just use an example) butler cafe in the US where hot men came and waited on you and offered you food and drinks and were fun and proud of their bodies... Would you think thats shameful and embarrasing? ****, i'd be there everyday.

Reason to workout every day #246... potential job serving her grapes and wine.
  • ChantiC
    ChantiC Posts: 137
    Options
    The Waitresses at the one near me are ok. But they are all really nice and like many said, its a fun atmosphere. I feel for those chicks in the winter here though LOL. The wings are ok I prefer Wild Wing myself. But I do love their fried pickles :)

I don't think its anything special and I know my hubby goes with his friends on half price wing night, doesn't bother me at all lol.
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've never seen the appeal to Hooters. Their food is marginal (at best) and, unless you're in Florida or California, the wait staff is typically HIGHLY overrated. Sorry to rain on the parade, but it's just not all that.....
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options

Tilted Kilt is better.

Tilted Kilt! I love that!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    the food sucks and the girls look trashy! IMO

Tilted Kilt has amazing food-and way better looking wait staff! Though I don't really care for a side of tits with my Shepherds Pie!
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Each venue is hit or miss. Their wings are awesome, and their staff is too!

Also to confirm what @Tatonka_usn said, the staff in FL are definitely worth it! any other state.. Meh...
  • CubanSammich
    Options
    Dont like hooters. I love twin peaks. Chicken fried steak is incredible!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    i think the food at both places are comparable in quality and price. and the waitresses at Tilted Kilt are usually whorier.

Fixed.

Seriously though. Tilted Kilt has a better beer selection, but the girls look even more trashy than the Hooters girls.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Boobs...

The wings weren't that great (at least at the ones I've been to).
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    So, this is an honest question because I'm watching undercover boss as I dink around on my computer...

Having never been to a hooters, why go to one?

I know of lots of restaurants with fabulous wings/great food...and amazing beer selection.

Is it really about the attractiveness of the wait staff? Is the service better? Are there any foods there that keep you coming back?

I'm genuinely curious.

haahaa I love that episode of undercover boss..