LOOKING FOR FRIENDS OVER 40

Options
Hey MyFitnessPal! I'm not brand new to MFP, but I'm making a fresh start with a new profile. I'm 46 and looking for friends who are in their 40's and are starting or continuing on their health and fitness journey. Currently, I want to lose about 45-50 lbs, lower my blood pressure and blood sugar and get off the meds! I work out at bootcamp gym, but am re-thinking this as I don't know if I want to continue to do hard pounding workouts. Open to new ideas, as fitness in your 40's is a completely different challenge. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Replies

• minnie7511a
    minnie7511a Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HIYA! Welcome and Congratulations on a fresh start! I'm also in my late 40's actually 48 and recently had foot surgery so my weight went up about 8 pounds in a month! I was almost to my goal weight and then I gain weight! I have 13 pounds to lose and I have been struggling . So
    Maybe instead of the boot camp gym have you tried to do any weight training? I recently hired a fitness trainer who is helping me with that. I don't know if you follow any kind of micronutrients but that helps too. If you have any questions I can definitely suggest to you what's helping me!
  • Serenity8679
    Serenity8679 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm very similar to you as I am also not new to MFP, but I'm starting anew. I am 44 and my goal is to lose 65-75 pounds. My main focus is my diet before jumping into a lot of exercise. I started about a month ago, but am just now getting on here to record my progress. I'm prediabetic, so I've been doing keto and intermittent fasting to keep my insulin levels low. So far, I've lost 13 pounds. Good luck on your journey, and if you ever want to talk or anything, hit me up.
  • minnie7511a
    minnie7511a Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 13 pounds that's awesome!! A great book to read for intermittent fasting is Delay, Don't deny by Gin Stephen's. I also did intermittent fasting and it did work for me but just make sure you are eating enough of proteins. I never followed Keto before but if it's working for you keep it going! Definitely read the book! Keep in touch!
  • kellywinter0513
    kellywinter0513 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 41, also looking to lose about 50 pounds. I am not new to MFP but have been away for years. I just started work out classes so trying to decide which types work best for me.
  • SmokinJoe959
    SmokinJoe959 Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Hi Tanya!
    I'm not new to MFP either, but, I haven't been consistent in my goal to lose weight and get in better shape. I'm 64 and I'm hoping to lose 60-70 lbs. in the next year. I have been inconsistent in my workouts and diet. I have been doing intermittent fasting on and off for over a year, but can't seem to stick with it on a daily/weekly basis. I'm hoping that seeing others having great success will be an inspiration to me.
    Joe
  • DhaniGirl27
    DhaniGirl27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’m 44 and have been on a health & fitness journey this year. So far I’ve lost 10 kilos & am looking to lose 10-12 more. I’d love to be a support buddy. I don’t know how to add friends though! 😊❤️
  • evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello. So I'm 42, and have been off and on here for a long time. I'm working to my goal of 70lbs (24 down) I am working out 4-6 days a week now, and adjusting things on the fly. I sent you a request, more friends the better.
  • eglfire169
    eglfire169 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP since the end of July. I am 49 years old & have lost nearly 30 pounds & have dropped one size in the jeans I wear. I still kind of find it hard to find variety in what I am trying to eat each day. I wanted to make an old recipe that already has lower fat & reduced sodium in the ingredients; however, there is still too much sodium in a serving. Weighing in again later today, so we'll see.
  • MrsCrystalYayaReeseRedick
    Options
    Hi I'm Crystal age 43 SAHM and student. I would love to find an accountability partner. Lmk If you're interested ❤️
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’ve just returned after nearly a year’s break. I’m 57 F and live in Australia. Could do with more accountability partners as I struggle to get back on track. Feel free to send me a friend request
  • f7fvvq2hsk
    f7fvvq2hsk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Follow me on YouTube and in my Fitness Journey as well~ I am a gym Go’er and trying to shed the COVID pounds away, but feel free to add me back for a motivational buddy as well. We will get back into tip top shape together ~ 💪 One Rep at a time.
  • zak_q
    zak_q Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    48 and going to be #hotter@50 or die trying. Any asskickers welcome to add me.
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    Options
    Hi folks, my name's Darin. I'm 44 and looking for active MFP users (have a lot of inactive people from years ago). Looking to lose about 30 pounds, preferably before May but will take it when I can get it. I know this works better when we work together, so let's do this!