40 pounds in 4 months: the end of the year challenge!

Options

Replies

• cjd1029
    Options
    Can I join please.

I've not done any exercise for a week now, doctor has said I am ok to start again Tuesday.

I'm worried I wont make it to the 40lbs, but will give it a good go, any where near that would be great.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • jillebee44
    jillebee44 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am in on this!! My goal is 8.6lbs per month for the next 4 months (10% loss each month) So why not give it a try and go for 40lb!!! I am going to be happy either way (as long as the number is going down) but it's something to strive for. I am just starting my (well RE-starting) my journey and I know it's easier to lose more in the beginning. So I will set my goals high now and as long as I am moving in the right direction I will be happy.

I am no longer letting the number get too me too much. As long as I am making the needed changes to turn my habits into positive ones, the number is the added bonus at this point. I DO NOT want to let the scale rule me anymore. Before that's all I obsessed about. I want to get my exercise in, eat better, keep my calories low and take it from there!

Thank you for posting this!!!
  • pmmeam
    Options
    Hmmmm. A bit scary, but what exactly am I waiting for?

Count me in!
  • BarbieLuvsPINK
    Options
    Ill join the 40 wagon with you :) i am redaaay
  • MNMomma812
    Options
    I am in! I would love to hit my total goal in 4 months and have a new shape for the new year!! I want to be able to zip up those old jeans hanging in my closet!!
  • egh1974
    egh1974 Posts: 147
    Options
    A 1250 calorie deficit per day is pretty aggressive IMO. That's why I called it aggresive because I actually did the math. A deficit of over 1000 calories per day is not recommended by MFP.

GEEEEEEZE..... Somebody needs a hug! :ohwell:
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Count me in Doc. LOL
    “The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” Michelangelo

Wow, first time hearing this quote and I LOVE it !!!!
  • SammiC86
    SammiC86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Lets do this:-)
  • cassiowenby
    cassiowenby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby two weeks ago and am back in the gym hoping to get down from 200 to 130 and I'm 183 now, so count me in please!! I need some more motivation and support! My hubby wants to go on a cruise sometime next year!
  • cclarkcts
    Options
    I'm in! It's 40 lbs to goal... I would love to be at my goal weight by the end of the year!
  • jahreviking
    Options
    hi...i am a newbie here. it would be awesome to join a group and stay motivated. when do we start? how do we go about it? i know i can do it, just need to stay motivated. so please count me in. can't wait!!
  • ArieMc88
    Options
    count me in! I am so down
  • egh1974
    egh1974 Posts: 147
    Options
    I'm doing this too! And to the negative Nellie's - GO JUMP IN A LAKE
  • azamlynn2000
    azamlynn2000 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Totally IN!!! I will be exercising at least 5 days a week - eating very clean and drinking TONS of water , as well as logging my food intake everyday. Thanks for launching this challenge!!!
  • Girlonfire80
    Girlonfire80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ADD ME PLEASE!!
  • Jamiecfc1
    Jamiecfc1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've looked through the joiners and I cant see many guys so in order to maintain a balance I would love to join pretty please :) My goal is around 60 pounds by August 2014 so this would be a kick start!

:glasses:
  • eringetsfit
    eringetsfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Edit: nevermind, I'd liek to join the group too if i can!
  • michotoole
    Options
    Hi I just joined MFP today and was wondering if it is too late to join the Group??
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I think the group is full, joined a few days ago and think the creator said she was done adding people ?