Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How many calories should I eat a day to lose weight?

Andrea_Engelbrecht
Andrea_Engelbrecht Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone 😁

Its been a very slow weightloss for me.. I am down 15kgs since 2020 but am struggling to drop some more weight. I have insulin resistance and hashimotos; I do have a problem with consistency and motivation.

Does anybody have tips on how many calories I should have a day and what to eat without going hungry and without getting bored?

Your assistance would be highly appreciated 💕

Replies

• Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    Hi hunnie :)

It all depends on your weight and height and what goal you want to get to :)
    MFP will calculate the calories for you and as long as you stick within them calories you will lose weight :)

Maybe consult with a doctor about how to lose weight safely especially as you have health issues

Good luck and remember don’t give up :) xx
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,311 Member
    edited October 2023
    Enter your information in the area the GOAL button takes you to. Click the guided setup and it will give you a calorie amount based on that information. Try that amount for at least 3-4 weeks making sure when you log your food that the entries are accurate based on say nutrition labels or other sites like the USDA site. Once you build up a history you won't have to check constantly and that doesn't take long.