Howdy!

Options
I'm Jennifer. I was recently diagnosed with gluten intolerance and I am struggling with eating enough calories. I have hit a plateau in my weight loss journey so trying to be more active.

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,948 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hello, welcome to MyFitnessPal!!
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @tabbycatmom17 Hi, welcome. I too am living gluten free, to the best of my ability.
  • liwo81
    liwo81 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer and welcome. Have you tried making your own sourdough bread? I’m also struggle with gluten issues. No UC or Crohn’s but some colitis that is aggravated by gluten. Goes into remission for a while and raises its ugly head for months at a time. However, I started making sourdough a year or so ago and find it’s very helpful. I don’t binge on it but it’s nice to have bread sometimes and not be aggravated by it. This may not apply but I found it nice to be able to enjoy the gluten sometimes
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    liwo81 wrote: »
    Hi Jennifer and welcome. Have you tried making your own sourdough bread? I’m also struggle with gluten issues. No UC or Crohn’s but some colitis that is aggravated by gluten. Goes into remission for a while and raises its ugly head for months at a time. However, I started making sourdough a year or so ago and find it’s very helpful. I don’t binge on it but it’s nice to have bread sometimes and not be aggravated by it. This may not apply but I found it nice to be able to enjoy the gluten sometimes

Sourdough is usually made with wheat or Rye flour, both of which have gluten. If you're using some other flour, maybe you could clarify.