Options when eating out

Options
yfmtswzg98
yfmtswzg98 Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2023 in Food and Nutrition
Hi Everyone, I live in my car and haven’t started to use my camper stove yet so I eat out all the time. I need to find foods lower in fat and carbs, I have access to pretty much every restaurant that exists in southern California. Please drop your protein, weight loss, low fat, out to eat options!

Replies

• loulee997
    loulee997 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I used to do Weight Watchers and I have a list of calorie-friendly fast foods. I'm going to list some below.

WENDYS
    Wendy's Chili (SMALL) is 240 Calories. Fat 11g, Carbs 22g, Protein 16g
    Wendy's Plain/Dry Baked Potato Calories 270, Fat 0g, Carbs 61g, Protein 7g
    *My friend's used to pour some of the Chili over the plain baked potato. Eating them together is very filling. Good winter food.

Wendy's 4 Chicken Nuggets-- 4 Pieces Per Calories 180 | Fat: 12.00g | Carbs: 9.00g | Protein: 10
    Wendy's JR Hamburger-Per 1 serving - Calories: 250| Fat: 11.00g | Carbs: 25.00g | Protein: 13.00
    *If you throw away the top bun, split the bottom to use as a top/bottom bun--you can reduce the calories by up to 75 calories. Half the bun, reduce calories.
    Wendy's Jr Frosty/Chocolate--This is the kid size. 32g total carbs, 32g net carbs, 5g fat, 5g protein, and 200 Calories.

Wendy's Apple Bites/Slices (from Kids Menu)--- Apple Bites 35 Calories. 0 Fat. 0 Protein. 9 Carbs.

MCDONALD'S
    4 Piece Chicken McNuggets (McDonald's) Per 1 serving - Calories: 220, Fat: 10.00g | Carbs:
    10.00g | Protein: 9.00g (Buffalo Sauce 35 Calories, BBq 45 Calories)
    4 PIECE HAPPY MEAL-- 4 Piece Chicken McNuggets Happy Meal (McDonald's)
    Per 1 serving - Calories: 395kcal | Fat: 17.00g | Carbs: 41.00g | Protein: 19.00g
    APPLE SLICES--15 Calories.
    FRUIT 'N YOGURT PARFAIT--- 150 Calories
    MANGO PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE SMALL 200 Calories.
    McDonalds Hamburger--250 Calories. Reduce Calories by throwing away half of the bun.
    Egg McMuffin --285 Calories.
    SAUSAGE BURRITO 310 Calories
    MCCHICKEN (WITHOUT MAYONNAISE) 300 CALORIES
    FILET O FISH (WITHOUT TARTAR SAUCE) 300 CALORIES

RAISING CANES CHICKEN
    EACH CHICKEN FINGER is 130 Calories. Great drive thru snack.
    Coleslaw 100 Calories.

CHIC-FIL-A
    Bacon, Egg & Cheese Muffin 310 Calories
    Hash Browns 270 Calories
    Fruit Cup 60 Calories
    Greek Yogurt Parfait 270 Calories
    3 ct Chick-fil-A Chick-n-Strips® 310 Calories, 2 ct is 200 Calories
    8 GRILLED NUGGESTS 130 Calories, 5 80 Calories. (I don't like the grilled ones).
    5 Breaded Nuggets are 160 Calories, 8 Nugs 250 Calories, 12 Nugs 380 Calories
    Grilled Chicken Sandwich 390 Calories
    Chicken Noodle Soup 170 Calories CUP, 280 BOWL
    DIET LEMONADE-- 50 Calories (made with real lemon juice)
    Chick-fil-A® Icedream® Cup 140 Calories

JACK IN BOX
    Grilled Chicken Salad** 250 Calories
    Grilled Chicken Strips with Teriyaki Dipping Sauce 310 Calories
    Hamburger 280 Calories
    Chicken Fajita Pita made with Whole Grain (w/ salsa) 330
    Chicken Nuggets 5 pc. 240 Calories
    Fish Sandwich (Seasonal) 390 Calories (No Tartar)
    Grilled Chicken Salad** 250 Calories without dressing.
    Low-Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette 25 cALORIES
    Lite Ranch Dressing 130 cALORIES
    Chiquita® Apple Bites with Caramel 70 Calories
    Egg Roll 1 pc. 150 CALORIES
    Seasoned Curly Fries, small 280 Calories
    French Fries, small 330 Calories
    Mozzarella Cheese Sticks 3 pc. 280 Calories
    Stuffed Jalapeños 3 pc 220 Calories
    1 TACO 190 Calories
    Breakfast Jack Biscuit 280 Calories
    Hash Brown 190 Calories
    Mini Pancakes 140 Calories Syrup extra calories
    Bacon Breakfast Jack® 310 CALORIES

HOPE THAT HELPS.

• loulee997
    Options
    yfmtswzg98 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, I live in my car and haven’t started to use my camper stove yet so I eat out all the time. I need to find foods lower in fat and carbs, I have access to pretty much every restaurant that exists in southern California. Please drop your protein, weight loss, low fat, out to eat options!

Full Jack in Box Nutrition MENU with Carbs and Protein listed.

http://static.jackinthebox.com/pdfs/nutritional_brochure.pdf

• loulee997
    Options
    Grilled chicken from KFC or Lee's is low carb, low fat.

If you are careful at Chipotle, you can get low carb, low fat.

Most buffalo wings are low in carb/fat if unbreaded.

Arby's Roast Beef--just toss the bread. Without the bread, the carbs drop really low.

Egg McMuffin and Sausage McMuffin (McDonalds/Wendy's)--Toss the biscuit and the carbs will drop low.

• mitchklong
    mitchklong Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eat any salad or bowl but follow these 3 rules:
    1) Hold the cheese
    2) no deep fried protein (choose grilled)
    3) dressing/sauce on the side
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,510 Member
    Options
    Can NEVER go wrong if you eat a salad with some protein (chicken, tuna, etc.) As mentioned above, go lighter on the cheese, and put dressing on the side to control how much you eat. If you want to save money, go buy a salad kit and make your own. Takes like 5 minutes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • no1racefan2
    no1racefan2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to macros too much, but these are some of my go to's if we are eating fast food:

McDonald's egg mcmuffin (the original w/ ham, not bacon or sausage)
    Arby's plain roast beef--sometimes I get the double which is a huge pile of meat
    Jimmy John's turkey tom on wheat, no cheese added. You can get any Jimmy John's sandwich as an Unwich, wrapped in lettuce instead of bread.
    Qdoba chicken & rice bowl--salsa instead of queso, light sprinkle of cheese. You could forego the rice and ask for extra beans and/or extra chicken.

I rarely order combo meals, I just get the sandwich and drink water with it.

I don't know if you have a cooler, but if so you could stock it with salad kits and meat/cheese trays.

Most broth-based soups from anywhere are decent options, as long as you aren't worried about sodium.

• Fattyohfat
    Fattyohfat Posts: 51 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Salads and Sandwiches from Subway™ are my go to because they still have the most vegetable options.

That said if you're needing something greasy and bad for you McDonald's Unsweet iced tea, and a McDouble is less than 500 calories and less than 4 dollars(2.25 for burger 1.50 for the iced tea) where I live. IMHO pretty darn tasty. Don't get the fries.

Also McDonald's Egg McMuffin has like 300 calories and add a black coffee for 0 calories

Canned soups/meals are good. Most come in under 400 calories for the entire can. Grab low sodium versions.

when I was on the road a lot I'd also hit up Kroger. Go to deli and get 4-6 oz of meat, or go grab a can of tuna/sardines/salmon. Then stop by the bakery area and grab a roll. Then I'd go to the produce section and get a a bag of coleslaw or salad shreds. Grab some mayo/mustard(usually free) from the HOT deli, just ask. I'd make a sandwich or good salad.

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU'RE USING FF APPS. Subway app often has buy 1 get 1 so if you have a cooler that's a good one to take advantage of.