Women 200lb+, Let's Have A Nifty Novemeber!!!

Options
🍁Hello, ladies, and Happy November!

🍂We've got two months until the end of 2023! Let's try to fit in as much neat and nifty stuff as we can. We've still got time to make a dent in our goals and we're going to continue to work hard.

🍁What do you hope to accomplish this month or before the year is out?

🍂Sometimes, we put ourselves last, especially towards the end of the year with so many holidays and family obligations to keep us busy. Let's remember that we are also important and deserve time to nuture ourselves.

🍁 What's something that you can do exclusively for yourself this month?

🤎If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM! you're one of us.

🤎In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

🤎All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

🤎Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and rainbows. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

🍁This November, let's remember to never give up, to never surrender, and to be as nifty as we can be!🍁

Replies

• RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @justanotherjen13 Congrats on all your progress so far! You can definitely do it! And I love NSVs, especially when it's something that was such a hassle before and now is something that you don't even notice.
  • kiteflyer105
    kiteflyer105 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

SW: 290 (7/4/23)
    November SW: 206 (84 lbs. lost)
    CW: 206.0 (11/1)
    GW (short term): 199 lbs. (Onederland)
    GW (long term): 130 lbs.

I am coming here for accountability. I had a t-shirt that used to be too small fit me. My energy and stamina increase when I exercise. I have a better mood while exercising, and after. I don't like most fast food or pop anymore.

Sometimes the eating plan is a struggle, and other times, it is simple, not easy. Hope to hear from more people.
  • flacachica2
    flacachica2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    SW: 252
    CW: 247
    Goal by end of November: 240

Happy November, sorry I’m late to the party! 🥳

I went to the doctor recently and was told I have diabetes. That was my wake up call! I’ve lost and gained the same 30 lbs over the past two or three years. It’s been ages since I’ve been under 200. But this time I’m going to do it! 💪🏼 Glad I found this group. Can’t wait to celebrate successes with all of you.

My goals for the month:
    🍁 Log all my food/stay within my calorie range
    🍁 Walk/work out 3x/week
    🍁 Take a daily vitamin
    🍁 Check in here twice a week
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,554 Member
    Options
    I had sooo much food at movie night on Saturday and then ate so many leftovers yesterday. I still have quite a few leftovers to eat but I'm back to moderation after a weekend of having whatever I wanted of what was around. In good news (or bad depending on how you look at it) I'm out of mashed potatoes. Since that's my favorite food and a major weakness I'm going to say it's good to not have that temptation still in the house.

@RavenStCloud I think we all need to examine our relationship with food from time to time. I know sometimes I’m really healthy about how I’m eating, how I’m reacting to situations, how I feel about little indulgences. I know at other times I go into binging or guilting myself or all other manner of bad ways of dealing with food. I’ve said before that food is an addiction that I fight from time to time. Unfortunately, unlike most other addictions we can’t stop eating. So all we can do is address our relationship with it.

@flacachica2 I have diet and exercise controlled type 2 diabetes. It's really hard to get that news, for sure! It was my wake up call too.
  • Mywishnow
    Mywishnow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you @RavenStCloud for creating this forum every month <3! Like everyone, I had a few challenges in Oct including a wine tasting weekend celebrating a friend's 50th + travelling 9 days. I was able to log my food other than 3 days. My exercise was non-exsistant last month but I started a 21 jump start fitness program and am happy to report that I have done 1 day in a row ;) I have my annual physical 11/22 so we'll see what happens with my numbers. Doc put me on a low dose statin last year and HBP meds a few years earlier that I would really like to ditch
    • My goals are to log EVERYTHING: The good, the bad and the ugly (with the notable exception of
      Thanksgiving - I am not a masochist)
    • Complete my 21 day fitness challenge. (hopefully in 20 days)
    • Cutting out alcohol M-F (started this last month and it was not as hard as I thought)
    • Logging updates here once or twice a week.
    • Spend time each day meditating which I have been doing so that's a quick win.
    I am divorced, turning 60 in January and looking to make the most of the 2 months left in 2023

SW: 212.4 (10/3/23)
    CW: 210 (11/6)
    GW (short term): 195 by EOY
    GW (long term): 165
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,554 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!!! I got my newest recipe up on my blog for Slow Cooker Adobe Chicken and Rice. https://www.healthyeatingwithlinda.com/post/slow-cooker-adobo-seasoned-chicken-rice-with-a-hidden-vegetable

I need to text my neighbor/accountability partner about maybe going to the gym tonight. I know if I'm left to my own devices I'll stay home and read now that Iron Flame came out today. So I need someone to make me get out and move.

@Mywishnow Welcome!!!
  • kristinwoods919
    kristinwoods919 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I need to have more help. I was almost down 30.
    Today 227.4
    short term goal 217
    by january 207
    overall goal 165

feel free to add me
  • sandramarshall200
    sandramarshall200 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Here I am , trying again. I just seemed to lose it in August. Got below 95 kilos and then stopped everything.cos now I’m somewhere between 98 and 100 kilos.. I really want to get below 95 before Christmas. I need to log all my food , weigh daily , post here at least twice a week. I need to make healthy choices, eat good food, cut out the crap. I’m trying to swim at least 3 times a week, gym twice, walk daily.
    Ive had some bad things happen lately, but I cant let that derail me. Obesity does not help!
  • kathyandreasen67
    Options
    This is my first post. I started on MFP on 10/23/2013. I entered my info and MFP came up with 1290 calories a day. I have done exactly that, recorded every morsel, and have lost 8 lbs in the first two weeks!!! I realize part of that is just water weight but I'll take it! I just turned 68, am pre-diabetic, so I'm here for the long term.

SW: 246
    CW: 238
    Short term goal: 195
    Long term goal: 166 (80 lbs)

I started going to the gym twice a week and walking other days. This isn't easy as I have chronic pain but I'm hoping that as I lose more weight, it will get easier. My exercise goal is to walk or go to the gym at least 4 days a week. I want to make this attainable without setting me up for failure. My husband is very supportive and is on the program with me, which has helped tremendously.

Current Goals:
    ~ Log calories, water and exercise every day
    ~ Exercise at least 4 days a week
    ~ Drink 80-100oz. of water daily
    ~ Limit alcohol to no more than 2 drinks per week
    ~ Survive Thanksgiving!!!

Thank you for sharing and good luck to everyone!
    Have a great week!
  • justanotherjen13
    justanotherjen13 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    GOALS:
    * walk at least three miles whenever the weather allows
    * go the HOA clubhouse to use the gym when it's too rainy to walk (15 minutes bike; 30 minutes treadmill, and arm exercises)
    * portion control, portion control, portion control
    * make good food choices (going to be hard with the holidays coming up)

SW: 294 (7/4/23)
    November SW: 226.6
    CW: 220.4 (11/8)
    GW (short term): 220 200
    GW (long term): 165

11/8 update: So far this month has be a piece of cake. I really thought it would start to get harder to lose with the weather changing so I wouldn't be out walking as much and the holidays coming up (lots of yummy food and desserts around), but so far, our weather has been great so I've been walking just as much as I did in October and Septemeber, if not more (expaned my walking route to 4 miles). I had hoped to get to 220 by the end of the month but I hit it yesterday! Today is my first test of controlled eating when there's lots of temptation. I'm making pizza for the first time in months. It's my favorite but high in calories. I think I'm going to have a very light lunch (like half a small salad and nothing else) so I can enjoy the pizza for dinner. Then I told my grandson we can bake cookies on Friday (eep). Keeping away from the cookies will be the true challenge because they tend to just sit out on the counter, and I just grab one or two every time I'm in the kitchen.
  • jessadipoe
    jessadipoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    New to the community. Old hat at diets and weight loss. Two kids under 6 and some medical issues has left my body pretty lumpy and dumpy. Trying to find the balance between self-acceptance and making a change that’s a good move for my long term health and vitality. I think BMI charts are *kitten* and I haven’t been under 200 lbs since I was 21. Breaking that barrier would be excellent. I also don’t own a scale but I’m going to get one and weigh myself today. I’m scared about the emotional toll that will take but am trying to frame my mind to take the number just as information. We will see how it goes! Looking for support and community if you’re interested.
  • kufanmary
    kufanmary Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I’m new to this community going through and reading everyone’s comments have really helped a lot. I have 75 pounds to lose and would love to have friends in the same position as I am. I am 62 years old so losing has been slower than when I was younger lol. I have lost 117 pounds since Aug 22 but since fracturing my ribs in September have had a rough time getting back on track and have gained 16 pounds.

My goals:
    Walk 10,000 steps a day
    Work out 4-5 x week
    Lose 10 pounds in month of November
    Increase protein
    Increase endurance
    Decrease A1C (I am a diabetic 2)
  • deejoan
    deejoan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Here I am , trying again. I just seemed to lose it in August. Got below 95 kilos and then stopped everything.cos now I’m somewhere between 98 and 100 kilos.. I really want to get below 95 before Christmas. I need to log all my food , weigh daily , post here at least twice a week. I need to make healthy choices, eat good food, cut out the crap. I’m trying to swim at least 3 times a week, gym twice, walk daily.
    Ive had some bad things happen lately, but I cant let that derail me. Obesity does not help!

Hi, Logging all my food really has been the only thing that is working for me. The days I log I am more mindful and that really helps rather than just guessing on the days that I do not log. I am not saying I don't stall losing weight at times, but for the last 6 months I have done better by logging and weighing myself daily. Good Luck!
  • deejoan
    Options
    kufanmary wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I’m new to this community going through and reading everyone’s comments have really helped a lot. I have 75 pounds to lose and would love to have friends in the same position as I am. I am 62 years old so losing has been slower than when I was younger lol. I have lost 117 pounds since Aug 22 but since fracturing my ribs in September have had a rough time getting back on track and have gained 16 pounds.

My goals:
    Walk 10,000 steps a day
    Work out 4-5 x week
    Lose 10 pounds in month of November
    Increase protein
    Increase endurance
    Decrease A1C (I am a diabetic 2)

If you lost 117 lbs since August 22nd, I think you are doing fabulous. Did you mean to type 17lbs?
  • deejoan
    Options
    This is my first post. I started on MFP on 10/23/2013. I entered my info and MFP came up with 1290 calories a day. I have done exactly that, recorded every morsel, and have lost 8 lbs in the first two weeks!!! I realize part of that is just water weight but I'll take it! I just turned 68, am pre-diabetic, so I'm here for the long term.

SW: 246
    CW: 238
    Short term goal: 195
    Long term goal: 166 (80 lbs)

I started going to the gym twice a week and walking other days. This isn't easy as I have chronic pain but I'm hoping that as I lose more weight, it will get easier. My exercise goal is to walk or go to the gym at least 4 days a week. I want to make this attainable without setting me up for failure. My husband is very supportive and is on the program with me, which has helped tremendously.

Current Goals:
    ~ Log calories, water and exercise every day
    ~ Exercise at least 4 days a week
    ~ Drink 80-100oz. of water daily
    ~ Limit alcohol to no more than 2 drinks per week
    ~ Survive Thanksgiving!!!

Thank you for sharing and good luck to everyone!
    Have a great week!

I am 69 and have bad knees, so I can relate with the chronic pain. I am now at 228 but it has taken me a very long time getting there. Years and years. Keep up the good work! It is tough, but as I keep losing, even though it is slow going, it sure makes me feel better about myself.