Women 200lb+, Let's Have A Nifty Novemeber!!!

Options

Replies

• kiteflyer105
    kiteflyer105 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    pamperedlinny-Glad to hear your A!C is good. You are having some healthy side dishes, which makes it better than excessive carbs.

GenXMissusSpags-Good luck on your weigh in at work. Sometimes adjustments in schedules throw us off balance. WE all have whiny days.

To anyone reading this, what are you most proud of yourself for this month? Good luck ladies!
  • sugagirl5
    sugagirl5 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy end of fall/beginning of holiday season 🍂🎄

I’m currently almost halfway to my weightloss goal!

SW: 240
    CW: 205
    GW: 160

My short term goal is to hit onederland (the 100’s) by Xmas. And my ultimate goal by July.

Fitness wise I’m planning on hitting the gym 2x a week and an aquafit class 2x a week.

Nutrition wise I’ll try to eat less takeout and carbs.

Plz feel free to add me as a friend on here!
  • sugagirl5
    Options
    Kiteflyer- To anyone reading this, what are you most proud of yourself for this month? Good luck ladies! [/quote]

I’m most proud of myself for being kind to myself and sticking with it.
  • GenXMissusSpags
    GenXMissusSpags Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Worked from home yesterday so I couldn't weigh in with my coworkers. Just stepped on the scale and I lost another pound. I was hoping for more but as my friend says, "It's a marathon..not a sprint.." I'll take the lost pound and use it as motivation!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!!! I hope you all have an amazing Thanksgiving weekend!
  • cyoung045
    cyoung045 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey all, have a great Thanksgiving! We can do this!

• kiteflyer105
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi all,
    This has been very stressful month. Yes, I backslid. After 7 phone calls, and getting scheduled with the wrong cardiologist, because preregistration would not read basic English, lol, I finally was scheduled with the right doctor. I have to seen 10 different doctors this month. Whoa. It has been emotionally grueling and taxing. I saw my surgeon, and electrophysiologist. He told me to lose weight, not have over a 7 A1c, and to get an oxygen breathing machine. My heart failure was a side effect of having Covid!

My anxiety has been through the roof. I just wanted my ICD surgery scheduled. This keeps your heart going when it stops. Basically, it keeps you alive. I was diagnosed with Sudden Cardiac Death, and can die when I am not wearing my cardiac vest. This is no joke.

I am getting a Pet Scan and hopefully they will move my surgery date up based on those findings. This will check the inflammation that is going around my heart. I am hoping to get my ejection fraction up, it still is at 25%. Normal is 40-60%. My body is not getting enough oxygen with my Heart Failure and my sleep apnea. This keeps me fatigued and my memory does not function properly.

I backslid this month will all the stress. I binge ate this month more than I have in 5 months. The unknowing what my future may or may not hold has been maddening.

Great news! My nephrologist told me my kidney stage is stable. I am so excited. It is fantastic to hear great news! I can still eat oranges! Yay! I see him in 3 months.

My eating this month has not been as strong within the recent months. After Thanksgiving, I am getting back on it. I don’t want to lose my dream, a normal healthy body weight and plastic surgery.
    I’d love to tell you I was doing awesome. Nope. I will turn this around after Thanksgiving.
    Wherever you will be or whatever you are doing, I wish all the residents of the US, Happy Thanksgiving! Take the best care of yourself! Out of the country, Have a relaxing weekend!

SW: 290
    CW: 215
    GW: 130
  • justanotherjen13
    justanotherjen13 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    GOALS:
    * walk at least three miles whenever the weather allows
    * go the HOA clubhouse to use the gym when it's too rainy to walk (15 minutes bike; 30 minutes treadmill, and arm exercises)
    * portion control, portion control, portion control
    * make good food choices (going to be hard with the holidays coming up)

SW: 294 (7/4/23)
    November SW: 226.6
    CW: 214.0 (11/22)
    GW (short term): 220 200
    GW (long term): 165

11/22 update: It's almost Thanksgiving which means my progress is going to be... well, who knows. I started working last week (then missed 2 days this week because I got sick) so that will keep me from just hanging around the house, munching on snacks and eating pie. I do plan to go crazy tomorrow. I can eat whatever I want without feeling guilty and will be having a slice of apple pie with ice cream for dessert. And then Friday morning my typical pumpkin pie with my coffee. After that, though, I will do better portion control and eat less of the starchy stuff and more meat and vegetables. And, of course, less pie. I haven't done any extra walking since I started working, partly because I don't have time, but mostly because I was sick and didn't want to do anything. We'll see how next week goes when I'm not sick.
  • ktt_moddie
    ktt_moddie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

So excited to be on this journey and need some friends to keep me motivated!

SW: 10/11 308#
    CW: 11/20: 298#
    SGW: 250#
    LGW: 180#

weekly goal:
    Water 80-100 Oz daily
    Log daily
    Stay in goal calories on Thanksgiving!

Monthly goal:
    Continue to log daily.
    Continue water intake.
    Weight loss
  • mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃

I hope you all have a wonderful day. ❤️
  • kiteflyer105
    Options
    Good conversation and portion control won today. Win. thank goodness. Wishing everyone a fun filled, pleasant day. Take care everyone.
  • mmatcha_latte
    Options
    I tried a few new recipes today that are a bit lighter but still tasted great and looked fancy for the holiday! I felt that I did well with portion control and left the table feeling full but not stuffed. I ate everything I wanted to try and I feel satisfied ❤️🦃
  • mmatcha_latte
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I ordered some Cuddle Duds thermal underwear in size 2X during the Black Friday sales and they are very tight 😬 I can put them on and still breathe but they are definitely tight. It's a bit sobering, I actually ordered this size thinking they would be comfortable. I guess it's a humbling reminder that I have a very long journey to go. Maybe I can use these pants to help gauge when I've started getting smaller, at least.
  • kiteflyer105
    Options
    Well, it is hard to believe that November is almost over. 34 days until our year is over. C’mon 2024! Let’s finish strong! Hope everyone is doing well.
    Kiteflyer-My goal is to not binge daily, and to work harder in cardiac rehab.
    A few years ago, I walked all the time in 30-degree weather with a hat, gloves, sweatshirt, jeans, and t-shirt. In having heart failure, I can’t walk in cold weather, it makes the heart pump too hard. The result is I could die. So, I signed up to walk around the track. Now, I can really walk. I am so excited, especially knowing I won’t slip on ice.

Overall, I am glad I didn’t eat myself into a food coma on Thanksgiving. Those are so uncomfortable.
    Today is a new week with different results. For instance, my walk is completed. I start cardiac rehab again next Wednesday. Does anyone need help? Let us know in what way? I want everyone to win. Hope everyone is getting healthier day by day. If not, it is time to start.

mmatcha_latte-I love Cuddle Duds. I have too many pjs now, yet look forward to wearing a size M for next Christmas season 2024. I would like to get Grinch pjs. I love Max more than the Grinch however. I wish they sold Max (Grinch’s dog) pjs.

justanotherjen13-I started to walk by the river; it was incredibly windy and very cold at 35 degrees. I had a winter jacket, a hoodie, jeans, and gloves. This only lasted 6 minutes. Then I drove to Lowe’s to finish up my walking. I went around the circumference of the store. It is less windy, has a restroom, and music.

ktt_moddie-Would you want to track your movement daily?

sugagirl5-Hope you are still on a strong streak.

GenXMissusSpags- Congrats on losing a lb.! Keep it up
    Pamperedlinny-Hope things are going well.

sandramarshall200-Are you turning it around with new habits this month?

kristinwoods919-How did you do with exercise this month?

Hope everyone reaches out.
    kathyandreasen67-

jessadipoe-

kufanmary

RavenStCloud-

flacachica2-

• kiteflyer105
    Options
    Hi all. I was at Lowe's today walking around. I was overly excited to walk. I pushed to hard. I walk like a grandma now. I am used to going faster. I am going to my Sports Med. doctor next week to get a referral for my hip bursitis. Then I will start PT.

I had a good eating day and am becoming more vigilant as time moves on. Hope to hear more from people. Take care.
  • sugagirl5
    Options
    Hi all. I was at Lowe's today walking around. I was overly excited to walk. I pushed to hard. I walk like a grandma now. I am used to going faster. I am going to my Sports Med. doctor next week to get a referral for my hip bursitis. Then I will start PT.

I had a good eating day and am becoming more vigilant as time moves on. Hope to hear more from people. Take care.

Aww nauuurrr! I hope your dr can fix you up in no time! And hope the physical setback doesn’t take it’s toll on you! That’s amazing you’re still eating clean and keeping a positive attitude 💪🏼💖

• kristinwoods919
    kristinwoods919 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    @kiteflyer105 My exercise this month was ok, not where I wanted to be. Saturday I am doing a 5k walking. I chose not to weigh in today. I want to be fresh for December. I now have co-workers on the journey with me so that helps with me not wanting as much food. I now have the support I need to hit my goal for end of the year.

• justanotherjen13
    justanotherjen13 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    GOALS:
    * walk at least three miles whenever the weather allows
    * go the HOA clubhouse to use the gym when it's too rainy to walk (15 minutes bike; 30 minutes treadmill, and arm exercises)
    * portion control, portion control, portion control
    * make good food choices (going to be hard with the holidays coming up)

SW: 294 (7/4/23)
    November SW: 226.6
    CW: 217.4 (11/30)
    GW (short term): 220 200
    GW (long term): 165

11/30 update: Well, Thanksgiving was a little more trying than I expected. It didn't help that I also started a job after not working for almost 24 years and got sick days later so my daily exercise has ended. I'm having to learn the best way to control my calories again while everything was in complete flux. I gave in to temptations a lot, especially the last few days. Work has given me the munchies at night which has been hard to ignore. And then once I mess things up so much, I just decide to say screw it and go all in. That is not the best strategy, but I've also had only like 4 cheat days since I started on July 5 and have been good almost every other single day since then. It's not the end of the world.

I have, at the least, learned a little about how I react to holidays where there is a ton of good food that might not be good for me. I think Christmas will be a little easier. Next Thanksgiving will be another thing, but I've got a year to worry about that. So I'm back to being more diligent about counting calories. I skipped my pumpkin pie with coffee this morning and will have a salad for lunch then I'm making turkey soup for dinner and will have a small bowl like I usually do. It'll all work out. Hopefully by Christmas, I'll be down under 210. Maybe lower if I'm really good (although my birthday is coming up and I'm thinking steaks).
  • kiteflyer105
    Options
    Sugagirl5-It is a slow recovery process, but I will overcome. It is sad the older mall walkers can outperform me. Lol. Hopefully, not after a whole year. I love seeing Seniors being active. There are so many women in swimming aerobics that are hard core warriors. I look up to them. Really any senior that moves is inspiring. I can’t wait to take my first Silver Sneakers (exercise class for seniors) class. It means I am healing. So that is a mid-term goal. Sugagirl5-Keep rocking the house!

kristinwoods919-Good luck on your 5k! I am rooting you on! Woo Hoo! Visualize the finish line and a great weigh in.

justanotherjen13-We made turkey soup too. There is a lot of it. It is good with salad. Great job on only 4 days. That is still very much consistency. Every day is a new challenge. Good luck in December!
  • kiteflyer105
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Accountability time-How was your November? Wins/ Losses? What are you most proud of? Anything you are struggling with that you need support on? Goal for the end of the year? I would like to hear from the MIAs. Thank you! Go you! (12 people) Stay in the game. Try buying back you health once it is gone.

ktt_moddie-

sugagirl5-

GenXMissusSpags-

Pamperedlinny-

sandramarshall200-

kristinwoods919-

kathyandreasen67-

jessadipoe-

kufanmary

RavenStCloud-

flacachica2
    -