Women 200lb+, Let's Dream Big This December!!!

Options
RavenStCloud
RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
edited December 2023 in Motivation and Support
❄️We've made it to December 2023!!!

❄️ This year may be almost complete, but we're going to keep up the momentum and stay energized through the 31st!

❄️What are you trying to achieve this month? What have you already achieved this year? And what are your big dreams for 2024?

❄️How do you plan to celebrate the holidays and are there any strategies you have put/will be putting in place to help you through?

❄️Don't forget to pat yourself on the back for committing to yourself this year. Whether you've kept it going since January or just started up in the last few months, well done either way!

💙 If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM! you're one of us.

💙 In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

💙All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

💙Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

❄️Let's dream big and have a wonderful December!!!❄️

Replies

• sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Sandie
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 7 2021: 271.1
    CW Dec 1 2023: 200.4
    Goal for 2023: Under 195lbs
    Ultimate Goal: 170lbs

Thursday weigh-ins
    12/7
    12/14 -
    12/21 -
    12/28 -

I've been away from the MFP boards for a while and have been maintaining-ish my weight. I am so happy to see this group still going strong. I am working on establishing the routines to get back into a weight loss mode so I can reach my ultimate goal.

❄️What are you trying to achieve this month? What have you already achieved this year? And what are your big dreams for 2024?
    For this month I want to get back to a weight loss mode. I have maintained my weight for most of the year and gotten very consistent with my gym workouts. In 2024 I want to reach my ultimate goal weight of 170lbs.

❄️How do you plan to celebrate the holidays and are there any strategies you have put/will be putting in place to help you through?
    I will be celebrating the holidays with various events with friends and family. My strategies will be to make the best choices available, eat only until satisfied and keep to normal routines for most days.

• sharon81
    sharon81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

@sandielewis2001 hey yay, my weigh-ins on on Thursday also!

Am not really looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow morning. I started exercise classes almost a month ago and wasn't overly active before that besides for walking my dog most days. The classes are very intense and after 3 weeks I lost 5 pounds, which was great, but I feel like I've been killing myself for nothing thinking I should have lost way more in that time. Really need some words of encouragement, especially since I get no comments or "likes" on any of my food and exercise entries on my MFP home page.

Hope everyone is enjoying their December so far! Anyone finally get some snow? We did a couple of days ago and should be getting some more tonight. Snow this late in my city is very unusual. We normally get snow in October that stays until April or May.

I am right there with you on the "killing it and not getting the results I want" I have not added exercise yet, but I have really cut my calories and it's just so slow going, but I just have to remind myself that it's been proven that the slower you lose the more likely you'll keep it off. Proven I mean, by me in my journey. I am sorry you are feeling discouraged, but I hope you keep on working hard to crush your goals!! (((HUGS)))
  • Otterlover81
    Otterlover81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    sharon81 wrote: »
    I believe I fit into this category based on my starting weight being over 200lbs.
    Height 5'5"
    SW 230lbs 10/20/22
    CW 189.8
    STGW 180 by 2/1/24
    LTGW 165 and then will reassess.

This month I am working on liking (loving) myself for who I am right now.
    I have been over 200lbs for nearly 20 years and before that I was always overweight. I come with a lot of self esteem issues and minor hurts over the years keeping me down and unable to love me for me which in turn makes it impossible for me to see the visual change that has come with losing 40lbs. I get enough compliments and my husband is my biggest encourager, but I just can't see it. I know that part of that is because I have been big my whole life and I have been "that" big for a lot of years and I am still wearing the same clothes, because even though I could wear a smaller size, I don't want to waste money on it just to love my new look and have to get new clothes all over again, because my story is not done here at 189.8. I will wear these clothes until I am unable to.
    When I restared this journey just over a year ago, I was doing really well and then the holidays came and I got the unsettling news that my mother had been killed in a drunk driving accident (other driver was drunk) and my world fell apart. I fell off and got back on several times over the last year with each time, not gaining too much weight back, I was able to maintain, but was not focused on losing in those moments. Life is tough and habits are hard to break. I'm going to keep on keeping on and every time I fall, I am going to dust myself off and get right back to it. Here's to another 40lbs in the coming year and to each of your individual goals!
    This is only my 2nd ever post so thank you for letting me share.

Thank you for sharing your story. Life it tough. We really do have to just keep on keeping on. Never give give in or give up on your goals and dreams!
  • sugagirl5
    sugagirl5 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Hi y’all happy December! Can’t remember if I did my weigh in yet but here it goes…

SW: 240
    CW: 206.6
    STGW: 199 (Jan 1st)
    LTGW: 160 (summer 2024)
    For this month I want to get back to a weight loss mode. I have maintained my weight for most of the year and gotten very consistent with my gym workouts. In 2024 I want to reach my ultimate goal weight of 170lbs.

I will be celebrating the holidays with various events with friends and family. My strategies will be to make the best choices available, eat only until satisfied and keep to normal routines for most days.

That’s so exciting you’re soooo close to Onederland! I’m also aiming to be under 200 by NYE! I’m also 5’10 (tall queens lol) I can’t wait to be able to shop out of the plus sized section.

My biggest trigger this month is food obviously lol but I have an Xmas party this weekend which I’ll probably eat very little before so I can indulge. And plan to enjoy my Xmas food on the day and then go back to normal immediately after. My biggest dream for 2024 is to hit and maintain my goal weight, improve my love life and elevate my career path.
    The classes are very intense and after 3 weeks I lost 5 pounds, which was great, but I feel like I've been killing myself for nothing thinking I should have lost way more in that time. Really need some words of encouragement, especially since I get no comments or "likes" on any of my food and exercise entries on my MFP home page.

Hope everyone is enjoying their December so far! Anyone finally get some snow?.

We had a bit of snow so far but it melts when it hits the ground. 5 pounds is amazing in one month! Don’t forget muscle weighs more than fat and I’m sure you’ve gained some muscle during those exercise classes which is messing with your scale! Focus more on how your clothes fit etc… keep going don’t give up girl!!
    sharon81 wrote: »
    I'm going to keep on keeping on and every time I fall, I am going to dust myself off and get right back to it. Here's to another 40lbs in the coming year and to each of your individual goals! .

Yes keep on keeping on us all we can do girl and I’m soooo proud of you for getting back up and fighting! This is my 4th time on my weightloss journey after regaining and it never gets easier! But we know how to do it, now we just have to remember the lessons learned. Like for me it’s not letting the holidays destroy my momentum!
  • sandielewis2001
    Options
    Sandie
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 7 2021: 271.1
    CW Dec 1 2023: 200.4
    Goal for 2023: Under 195lbs
    Ultimate Goal: 170lbs

Thursday weigh-ins
    12/7 - 200.2
    12/14 -
    12/21 -
    12/28 -

This morning I went to the gym for my normal am workout. I had my run/walk (60sec/90sec) intervals set but I decided to see if I could run through my first walk interval, and then I did the next one, and continued to run 1mile without stopping to walk, then kept going and ran 30 min without stopping! I have never run that long without a walk break. I think my goal for the remainder of this year is to run my full workout without a walk break.

I am a little bummed about my weigh in since I was lower yesterday morning, but we had dinner and drinks with friends last night so it was up a little this morning. Hopefully this goes back down quickly.

This weekend we are going to a winery for a wine and chocolate tasting with a tamale lunch. I am going to make a plan, eat reasonably and have a great time with friends.
  • sandielewis2001
    Options
    Tag Party:

@RavenStCloud - thank you so much for keeping this group going. I have been a regular in the past and am trying to get back to the boards. I appreciate your consistency!

@kristinwoods919 - welcome back! When I started working out regularly I told myself that I don't have to wanna but I am gonna. Some days I go to the gym just to walk on the treadmill for 30 min and other days I kill my workout. Going even when I don't want to go is how I built the habit and I now go 4 days per week sometimes twice per day. Also, thanks for sending me a friend request. I'm pretty terrible about the likes but I do try to read through the statuses.

@justanotherjen13 - I love your goals for the month and I know you can slide under 200 very soon!

@mmatcha_latte - great goals and amazing to already see progress.

@Otterlover81 - We have such similar stats and the same weigh in day! I am cheering you on and will look for your update when I post mine! I don't usually get snow where I live. I am just under the snow line so it is usually a short drive to enjoy the snow. Tahoe is getting some but nothing super close to me.

@sharon81 - You are so inspiring! I am impressed by your positive attitude in the face of challenges. Life will always throw challenges in our path but it is how we overcome to move forward that matters. Cheers to the next 40lbs!

@dutchgirl188 - Tall girls unite!

@kiteflyer105 - Great goal list. I might have to steal "quit my own BS (excuses)" to add to my own goal list

@sugagirl5 - Another tall queen! I've been maintaining around the mid 190's most of this year. I gained a little with the holidays and am not trying to get back on track. I was certainly excited to leave plus size clothes behind! I can't believe we are already looking ahead to 2024 goals! I am not ready!

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone! Thanks to you all for being such an incredible and encouraging group of ladies!
  • kristinwoods919
    kristinwoods919 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Update Friday weigh in.
    December 1- 226.1
    December 8- 223.7
  • sharon81
    sharon81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'll join the Friday group for weigh ins. I am a chronic everyday weigher!! 😶
    Update Friday weigh in.
    December 1- 190.6
    December 8- 188.0