Women 200lb+, Let's Dream Big This December!!!

Options

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

182.8 today, continuing to creep downward from that super-high.

It's all set up- I'm going to Japan next year! I'm extremely excited about it. We've got our tickets and our accomodations figured out, now it's just the little details, the trains, where exactly we want to eat, stretch goals beyond what we have as far as what to see. I'm PUMPED. It was like a second job (but a fun one!) there for a couple days while I figured out where we were going to be and when, and where we were staying, and trying to find reasonable prices (which, for the most part, we did, even though we're going in sakura season).

Tonight is my chair acrobatics class, which I'm very excited about. I'm getting a new, better chair from my gym carpool buddy, it's going to help me progress so much.

Also tonight, a little dinner with my in-laws before Christmas, I have yet to pick up their gift, make dinner, get ready for the gym, carpool to the gym, and I need to start loading the car tonight with Christmas presents, since we're headed to my parents' house Friday. Now you can see why I thought of planning a dream trip as a second job, haha, I have no mental space right now to even think about things, but I did and I'm glad it's all booked now.

Tag party time!
    @sharon81 we'll both be even better today. :)

@skintight303 amazing progress, especially for this time of year!! Way to go!!!

Have a great day, everyone! Make good choices!

• sharon81
    sharon81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Up to 190 this morning. :( I think it's incredible that I can go up 3lbs in a week when the cheats haven't been all that bad. For instance, I am at a 1410 calorie allowance. I can assure you that I have not gone over 1700 calories.... and have been at or below 1410 most days. I will admit that I get minimal exercise throughout the day as I have a sedentary job and I don't typically go out of my way to exercise. I guess that needs to change. I have been doing random squats throughout the day as I remember or it's convenient (as not to disturb others). Just a vent.... frustrating when I am trying to get as low as possible before we leave for our vacation on Friday. BLAH!
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hello! Glad to see this group is still around - it's been awhile. When I was last here, I was happy with my weight, but really struggling with my depression. I finally got that under control, and decided to start training for a half marathon (speed walking it, not running - my knees don't like running, lol). I was doing really good with it, got up to 12 miles and was feeling great. But all the extra exercise meant I could eat more. Then I had some personal issues come up, and I had to drop out of the training program in August. Except I didn't stop eating as if i were still training. Fast forward to last week when I finally stepped on my scale for the first time since May after I realized that none of my jeans fit any more, and I am up 30+ lbs :( So here I am, ready to get back on track & take control again. The good news is I know what I need to do - I just need to do it ;-)

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 290.6 (4/1/2021)
    Starting Weight: 244.4 (12/11/2023)
    GW: 190
    CW (12/20): 239.2
  • skintight303
    skintight303 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

182.8 today, continuing to creep downward from that super-high.

It's all set up- I'm going to Japan next year! I'm extremely excited about it. We've got our tickets and our accomodations figured out, now it's just the little details, the trains, where exactly we want to eat, stretch goals beyond what we have as far as what to see. I'm PUMPED. It was like a second job (but a fun one!) there for a couple days while I figured out where we were going to be and when, and where we were staying, and trying to find reasonable prices (which, for the most part, we did, even though we're going in sakura season).

Tonight is my chair acrobatics class, which I'm very excited about. I'm getting a new, better chair from my gym carpool buddy, it's going to help me progress so much.

Also tonight, a little dinner with my in-laws before Christmas, I have yet to pick up their gift, make dinner, get ready for the gym, carpool to the gym, and I need to start loading the car tonight with Christmas presents, since we're headed to my parents' house Friday. Now you can see why I thought of planning a dream trip as a second job, haha, I have no mental space right now to even think about things, but I did and I'm glad it's all booked now.

Tag party time!
    @sharon81 we'll both be even better today. :)

@skintight303 amazing progress, especially for this time of year!! Way to go!!!

Have a great day, everyone! Make good choices!

I had a 48-hour layover in Japan a few years ago and fell in LOVE. I am dying to return. What an incredible thing to have to look forward to!

Happy Holidays--sounds like you will be in sprint mode until Christmas :)
  • skintight303
    skintight303 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    sharon81 wrote: »
    Up to 190 this morning. :( I think it's incredible that I can go up 3lbs in a week when the cheats haven't been all that bad. For instance, I am at a 1410 calorie allowance. I can assure you that I have not gone over 1700 calories.... and have been at or below 1410 most days. I will admit that I get minimal exercise throughout the day as I have a sedentary job and I don't typically go out of my way to exercise. I guess that needs to change. I have been doing random squats throughout the day as I remember or it's convenient (as not to disturb others). Just a vent.... frustrating when I am trying to get as low as possible before we leave for our vacation on Friday. BLAH!

Don't let this discourage you. The scale does not always move in exact tandem with our actions. You have been on track-so don't let this one data point derail you. You are doing awesome. One choice at a time!!

Sending you good vibes and wishes for a happy holiday!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

181.8, still trending down, I knew I wasn't really 183.

Class last night was good, today I'm just getting everything ready for our departure tomorrow directly after work. Packing the car, making sure all the presents and holiday food is in there, etc. I also need to take Babby to ST/OT this afternoon, which is fine- a nice little sit-in-the-waiting-room for me. And I made a ton of sausage balls (sausage, bisquick, cheese) last night, so dinner can be leftovers.

@skintight303 It hardly feels real yet, I can't wait.

@lmgoff232 WELCOME BACK!!!!! It really is that easy to lose track, you know? I get it- I've stopped and restarted a bunch myself. You absolutely can do it, and we're here to help. :heart:

Have a great day, everyone!
  • mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My weight loss stalled a bit at the start of the month but I had a big woosh today! On Sunday I weighed in at 249 and this morning was 245.8 so that was satisfying to see. 😊 It was annoying to not see much progress for a while despite keeping to my calorie goals so I'm feeling relieved now. I'm on track to maybe even surpass my goal of -5 lbs for December.

I made Japanese curry for the first time and it turned out really well! I put stew beef, onions, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, and peas along with the Japanese curry seasoning bricks. I'm planning to cook mushroom risotto tomorrow too.

Gonna splurge a bit for Christmas since I did so much cooking on Thanksgiving and since it's just going to be my husband and me. We're going to order some vegetarian curries from our favourite Indian restaurant on Christmas Eve then get a few fancy sushi rolls on Christmas Day. It'll be nice to relax and enjoy those! Outside of those two days I'm sticking to staying on track with my calories, so I don't think it'll set me back too much.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good morning!

182.8 today, and I won't have a scale until two days after christmas, so ho ho ho to me.

I htink just about everything is ready, as ready as it's going to be, anyway. Looking forward to relaxing a bit and then a lot for the next week.

@mmatcha_latte your plan sounds really awesome!

Have a great day, everyone!
  • dutchgirl188
    dutchgirl188 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I started MFP on Oct 27th of this year. I have lost a little over 10 lbs since then. I am feeling very motivated even though it is the holiday season. I wish you all success!
    I am 5' 11"
    SW: 224
    CW: 213.6
    1st Goal: 208 (no longer obese)
    Ultimate Goal: 165
    I am tracking everything and staying around 1700/1800 calories per day.
    I am speed walking a mile and weight training at the gym 4 days per week.
    I am hoping to keep losing about 2 lbs a week.
    I will weigh in every Friday.
    Dec 1: 213.6
    Dec 8: 211.6
    Dec 15: 210.0
    Dec 22: 208.8 almost to my first goal!!
    Dec 29:
    I hope you are all doing well and have a wonderful Christmas!
  • kristinwoods919
    kristinwoods919 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Update Friday weigh in.
    December 1- 226.1
    December 8- 223.7
    December 15 -221.6
    December 22- 224.6 boo I forgot to post it
  • mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Name: Melissa
    38 years old, 5'8" woman

My Numbers:
    SW: 263.4 lbs (Nov 1 2023)
    Dec GW: 247 lbs (-5 lbs)
    ✨🌟✨
    1st GW: 199 lbs
    2nd GW: 163 lbs
    Ultimate GW: 140 lbs

❄️🎄☃️🎅🤶🎁
    Weigh-ins: Sundays
    Dec SW = 252.4
    12/3/23 = 250.4 (-2)
    12/10/23 = 250.6 (+0.2)
    12/17/23 = 249 (-1.6)
    12/24/23 = 244.8 (-4.2)
    12/31/23 =
    Total WL/G for the month= -7.6

I guess my body was finally ready to drop some weight this week lmao. Hormones are fun. 🙄 I'm only doing some loose tracking for Christmas Day tomorrow, gonna just enjoy the day and not worry too much. I'll be back on track for Boxing Day 😉
  • kiteflyer105
    kiteflyer105 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    CupcakeCrusoe-Woo Hoo! I am thrilled you are going to Japan. I went there to Toyoko and Kyoto and loved it. I love their culture. I like how they respect their elders unlike the US. I don’t prefer our ageist society in the US. Please have a safe flight.

sharon81-Please don’t be too hard on yourself. My nutritionist can gain 5 lbs. in a day from eating normally. It is not just you. Give yourself a hug and carry on. Focus on your habits and consistency, then the weight will naturally fall off. You can do this, sweetie. =)

lmgoff232-I understand how depression can make any of us go off track if we are not diligent. Good for you in embarking the half-marathon. It takes grit and fortitude. You will be amazed at how mentally tough you will turn into. The excess weight is temporary. With the new year coming, you have time to be consistent, and your weight will naturally fall off. Congrats on reaching 12 miles! I am very proud of you! Woot! Woot! Crush it lady! Good vibes!=)

mmatcha_latte
    -Great job! I am so proud of you for losing in December. That is great. Happy dance for you! =)

dutchgirl188-I am proud of you for a 10 lb. loss in the hardest months! Woo Hoo! Keep Crushing it. Happy dance! =)

kristinwoods919
    -I am still very proud of you with your consistency in the diet/ exercise. Your consistency is amazing. Pat yourself on the shoulder and say, “Good job Kristin!” =)
  • kiteflyer105
    Options
    Repost
    kwdfwe5le4sc.jpg
  • kiteflyer105
    Options
    oufhifajcliv.jpg
  • kiteflyer105
    Options
    acozip5qtth6.jpg
  • kiteflyer105
    Options
    lac1kjf5o96f.jpg
  • dutchgirl188
    dutchgirl188 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 11"
    SW: 224
    CW: 213.6
    1st Goal: 208 (no longer obese)
    Ultimate Goal: 165
    I am tracking everything and staying around 1700/1800 calories per day.
    I am speed walking a mile and weight training at the gym 4 days per week.
    I am hoping to keep losing about 2 lbs a week.
    I will weigh in every Friday.
    Dec 1: 213.6
    Dec 8: 211.6
    Dec 15: 210.0
    Dec 22: 208.8 almost to my first goal!!
    Dec 29: 208.8

Stayed the same this week. I definitely splurged on Christmas and overate 2 other days. I am proud of myself that I have still been working out hard at the gym and not eating every sweet treat in sight like I have done for years! Happy New Year everyone! I am so thankful for all of your support; it really means a lot to me.
  • kiteflyer105
    Options
    This is a repost. I never know where the best place to create messages on the message boards.

My results for 2023! Thank you to all that have supported me. I have had some more NSV's. I found out I have sleep apnea and my oxygen level was at 74% (This should be at 99%)! no wonder I am so tired a lot of the time. It is not just my medication! I am getting a CPAP machine and get another sleep study done. It will take 3-4 months to feel better.

I have gone from (290 lbs. with Heart Failure) 32 jeans to (203 lbs.) 22 jeans. 60 lbs. were from water weight. This is super embarrassing. I am petite. I have lost 87 lbs. for the year! I'll take that! My goal is size 8-10 size jeans for 2024! I can do it with enough sacrifice and hard work. No more hoping and wishing for me. I will make it happen. Consistency and dedication are the only things that will get me there. I made it to the 2 mile mark this year. This is from breathing so hard, due to my heart failure. I was so out of breath, I could not cross the street without it feeling like a monumental task. After out of a 13 day hospital stay, I fell up the stairs with medication I was taking, I felt dizzy and light-headed. I felt like I was going to pass out. I did not get normal sleep for months. I take 6 diuretics for my heart a day. Fighting my way back has been worth it.

I had severe health issues (chronic conditions) in 2023, and almost died. I had “imminent death” written in my medical records. Do not let this be you! If I can lose weight and not make excuses, you can too! You are the only one that holds yourself back. This is coming from someone who has been binge eating for 38 years! Rehab is next year for me. I know I’ll never keep the weight off without it until I stop running and face all of my issues that held me back. I know I am my own problem. So, I can fix myself.

I wish I had a workout partner at the gym. That is for a later time though.

Next year, I have more challenges to overcome. For instance: coming through a successful second ICD surgery, finishing cardiac rehab, finishing PT, getting to 3 miles, walking less than a 20 minutes mile by myself, etc. I am going for it, to hit 130 lbs.

To get a tummy tuck, I need to keep 100 lbs. off for a year, according to my insurance company. I will need to document the negative consequences for it. All I want is to look normal in a dress or jeans. Later on, I will get a breast lift. Skin is like a napkin, once it stretches out to a certain point, there is no turning back, no matter how much cardio, core work, and weight training you do.

I am determined, I want to live longer and have a higher quality of life. I finally believe I am truly worth it, and deserve nothing less from myself. The more I work out the more tenacious, disciplined, stronger, and more mental toughness I build. I refuse to play "volunteer victim' and "poor me'. That is for a wimp who gave up on herself. I want to change old, destructive habits. I can't change everything at once. Sometimes it is one minute at a time. I used to love going out to eat. Now, I’d rather eat at home. I know my nutritional values better. But I do plan in going out now. I eat salads most days. I’d rather be smaller. I need to do that a lot more.

In my transformation, for me, I am using: CBT Cognitive Behavior Therapy with my Therapist, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT, Tapping with Brad Yates on You Tube; it is free), meditation, Yoga Nidra (The Mindfulness Movement on You Tube; This is free.), weight loss meditation (Honest Guys on You Tube; This is free.) and Navy Box breathing (check it out on YouTube; this is free!). I use a weight loss notebook, I write down weight, what I eat daily, my blood sugar, blood pressure, insulin amount given, medication taken, H20 drank, and exercise. I measure my portions and plan my “Treat Meal or Treat dessert’ sparingly. I eat sugar free popsicles, Skinny Pop with grape crystal light, and/or 12 peanut MnMs for a treat.

A special message to the extremely obese person: If you are living a life of Groundhog Day (doing the same thing daily and seeing no change, again and again), feeling like your life is on repeat daily, aren't you truly sick of it? What are your peak moments in your life today and for this year? Did you have any or are you being a wimp? You were made to live at a higher level of life. You are meant to have friends and have fun in life.

If you are truly lonely and depressed, get on the right medication prescribed by a psychiatrist and work through it with a qualified therapist. Please learn about nutrition and portion control. Buy a scale and start measuring everything. Work within your calorie allowance. You can look up your BMI and calorie allowance on the internet. This is what adulting is about…Don’t confuse your self-worth with the number on the scale. That is damaging to your self-esteem. Focus on what you give to the world. What skills and talents do possess? Build new skills.

Above all, quit crying if you want a normal life and get to work. Take ownership and responsibility for your health. Be accountable to yourself. Crying never solved anything for me. Yes, there is "pretty privilege" and "thin privilege" in our society". Get over yourself, go get at it and work for it. You are the only one that is punishing yourself. You can experience positivity and joy. And for the first time in your life, be proud of yourself, despite what all the naysayers say about you. Prove them wrong. You owe that to yourself. You don't know your true capabilities, until you can safely work as hard as you can. Get your doctor's approval. Have them run blood tests on you. Get a true picture of your current health status; stop kidding yourself. Obesity can and will kill you if you let it.

Be painfully honest with yourself. Stop lying to yourself. Take a front, side, and back picture of yourself. Put it on the fridge, so you can make the right choice. You absolutely deserve better. You are not doomed, unless you want to be. Get out of your stuck rut and move. Please weigh your food and count your portions. You don't have an excuse not to lose weight, even if you are bed bound. Unless you have a medical condition or medicine that prevents you from doing so… There are certain people who cannot.

Please figure out a program that works for you. Everyone who is morbidly obese is choosing to be. You are not working hard enough, or you would naturally lose weight. Find your favorite foods and make them healthier. Experiment with everything and succeed. We are all responsible for our experiences in life. I will root you on. Friend me and I can and will support you. But you have to put in the effort and work daily. God Bless! Be the best you and live at a higher level. Be the hero in your own life. The only person that is going to save you is YOU. =) Stop being helpless and choose to save yourself. Positive vibes

<3 Woo Hoo! I lost 10 clothing sizes in 2023! "If Vanessa Cross from "1000 lbs. Friends" can lose the weight, so can you."

I ended up at 213 lbs. for the month of December. Truthfully, i binged, and am losing the weight from my binge. I have heart surgery in January.
  • kiteflyer105
    Options
    dutchgirl188-You are so awesome for working out. I am so happy you are almost at your goal! Rah Rah, Way to go! Side hugs and high fives!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Last weigh in day for 2023!
    Christina
    35 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW (Feb 2022): 200.4
    UGW: 150

SW ETA December 180.2
    12/16: 181.4 :(
    12/30: 182.4 :((((( but this makes sense

❄️ December Goals!❄️
    ❄️ December GW (average): [del]177 178 that goal was maybe a little too lofty, haha. [/del]Not to mention I'm so busy I can't even string two thoughts together these days- it was too much to think I could dedicate myself to weight loss right now.

💙Stick to weight loss calories at least 5 days a week❌
    💙Log everything in grams❌
    💙Shut down the house every night ❌

it's been wild the last week, y'all. There were the holidays, then we came home, and I worked on painting our garage and sealing the floor to make it a home gym (iykyk, I've been working on this on and off for months), and then both me and Whatsisface get sick, right as we were going to go get the kids from Grandma's and hang out with their cousins.

Still, it's been a nice little break, very relaxing, and I'm -almost- ready to get back to work. I've got my new year's eve decor up, christmas decor down, food prepped for a nye party with the cousins and kids, and

I've ORDERED MY HOME POLE!!!! I'm so excited! It'll be here in two weeks max. I absolutely can't wait.

I'll post pictures of the garage when it's done-done, but for now, know that the walls are lavender purple and the sealing for the floor is white. :smiley:

Today in MFP hurt my feelings:
    ls1qi2d5wd6u.png

See y'all in January, where I'll discuss my goals for 2024 (still thinking about them).

Tag party time!
    @dutchgirl188 Great work! Especially for this time of year! Maintenance during this time is really good.

@kristinwoods919 hanging in there!

@mmatcha_latte look at you go!!!!

@kiteflyer105 your story is so inspirational. And I love all the photos you shared. Congratulations on your success- I know you can do it.