Women 200lb+, Let's Rock 'n Roll this January!!!

Options
🎉Hello, ladies, and Happy New Year!🎉
🎉🎉🎉We've made it to 2024!!!🎉🎉🎉

⭐ This is our year! We're going into 2024 with commitment, focus, and the support of all the women in this group!

⭐You get to choose if it's a Brand New You that greets 2024 or if 2023 You is going to continue marching Her way forward. Maybe you'll be a mix of both!

⭐Share your plans and resolutions for 2024. What do you have in mind for January? And are there any goals that you would like to have achieved by December?

⭐What's a mantra, quote, or a bit of advice that will inspire you for this new year?

⭐ And let's remember to treat ourselves tenderly and with all the warmth that we show the other women in our lives. When we talk to ourselves, let's speak with kindess, with love, and with the positive certainty that we will achieve all we set out to. Because of course we will. Because we're amazing!

💛 If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM! you're one of us.

💛 In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

💛 All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

💛 Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

🎉Here's to a brand new year! Let's rock 'n roll all 2024 long!!!🎉

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Good morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

Thank you as always @RavenStCloud, this group wouldn't still be going without you :heart: :heart: :heart:

First off! The first weigh in of 2024!
    Christina
    35 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW (Feb 2022): 200.4
    UGW: 150
    2024 goal weight: 155!
    SW 2024 (I'm going to use the Current Weight that MacroFactor gives, that smooths out fluctuations): 182.7

🎉 January Goals!🎉
    🎉 January GW: 180

⭐Stick to weight loss calories 7! days! a week!
    ⭐Log everything in grams
    ⭐Read 2 books
    ⭐Set up my home pole and take pictures for you all of my home gym in my garage
    ⭐Do not deviate from the workout plan!
    The workout plan in question:
    nfieiujyqq55.png

My reward for doing this faithfully is to allow myself a new hobby, lol: Disney Lorecana, like Magic the Gathering, but with Disney characters. I want to play it and get into collecting the cards super bad, so I'm going to tie getting cards (and then more cards) to hitting goals.

Looking at that workout schedule, I get this energy, which is the energy I'm bringing to exercise in 2024:
    uzr9f9swx89o.png

A mantra or quote I'm bringing to the new year- I like this so much that I put it on a motivational background, so here you go:
    l40hf08cc9pk.png

Today, I pick up a new yoga ball, as my old one is lost, haha. The new (to me, it's used, I'm getting it off FB marketplace) is bright pink, which is very exciting to me. And, per my workout schedule, today is Test Day! Time to take pictures of my range of motion so I know where I need to work this month.

First tag party of the year!!
    3n9amgx2bk7b.png

@Aswennu I love the idea of two new recipes a month! And taking Freya on adventures! I wanna hear about both!

@kristinwoods919 I believe you can totally achieve your January goal! Welcome to 2024!

@skipjjordan hi and welcome to the best thread on MFP! I don't use MFP for logging anymore, I only come here to the forums, so my friendship on MFP is useless, but I would love to see you here in this thread! Welcome!

@Reign1321 Hi and welcome! It sounds like you've got a lot going on, but the good news is, we're all here for you and believe in you! Welcome! I weigh in Saturdays, so I'll be looking for your posts :smiley:

Happy 2024, everyone! May it be everything you want it to be!
    giphy.gif

• mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Happy new year everyone! May 2024 be our best year yet! 🎉🎉

My backstory: I'm 38 now and in my early 20s I lost over 100 lbs, went from 300+ down to 170ish. I ended up regaining a lot of weight during Covid after the deaths of my grandma and father, and after over a year of grieving I rejoined MFP to start my weight loss journey again. I weighed 263 lbs on Nov 1 2023 and today I weigh 244 lbs, for a loss of 19 lbs over the past two months.

I feel very encouraged because I'm already noticing positive changes to my health, especially with my joints and mobility. I've gotten back into cooking frequently and I'm finding a lot of joy in trying new recipes and improving my technique. This year I want to continue making positive changes and to treat myself with kindness and grace. 💝

My next mini goals are 10% SW lost (26 lbs, so 7 lbs to go) and doing 30 mins of exercise 3 times per week.
  • eloiraw
    eloiraw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I was 'stalking' the December thread at the end of December patiently waiting for the January group to start up 🥰

I'm Paula, 33yo

In October '22 I cycled 300miles in Kenya, since then I've been a greedy puppy and ate EVERYTHING in sight, and barely moved 😂 I'd love to be able to get back into my healthy mind and life

I own 4 dogs and have 5 horses (4 are mums) I'd love to just have more energy to spend more time with them, at the minute all I do is work and be depressed in bed 🤷🏼‍♀️ maybe tmi: I do suffer from anxiety and depression so sometimes doing little things is hard

Anyway the important things:
    SW- 242lb 😭 heaviest I've been for 5 years
    December '24 GW - I'd love to be 180lbs but I'll be happy with 200lbs

2024 goals:
    ◽️lose weight at least 42lbs
    ◽️move more
    ◽️spend more time with the horses
    ◽️start up my own lil business
    ◽️read more

January mini goals:

◽️exercise 4 times a week
    ◽️spend more time with the horse (even in rubbish weather)
    ◽️be able to walk longer with the dogs

January goal weight - 232lbs 💪🙏

Thanks for reading ❤️

• dutchgirl188
    dutchgirl188 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! I was in this group last month and I am happy to be here again!
    I am 37 years old, 5'11" and currently 208.8 lbs. I will weigh in every Friday.
    I started MFP on 10/27/23 and I have lost 15 lbs since then. Each mini goal I hit I will reward myself (pedicure or new outfit, etc.)
    My goals are to lose about 2 lbs per week, track and weigh my food every day, go to the gym 3-4 times per week where I will speed walk 1 mile on the indoor track and do weight lifting for 45 min split into back/biceps, legs/abs, and chest/triceps.
    I wish all of you so much success! 💓
    CW: 208.8
    1st Goal: 208.0
    2nd goal: 198.0
    3rd goal: 185.0
    4th goal: 172.0
    UGW: 165.0

1/ 5:
    1/12:
    1/19:
    1/26:
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Reminder to myself but also to everyone: One good day doesn't necessarily reflect on the scale yet. Give it time and patience and you will be rewarded.

I have done my planned workout for yesterday, and it's too late to back out of mine for today without a penalty cost, AND I've set up the carpool, so tonight is in the bag. I also kept to my calories yesterday. Two gold stars for me. I should make this a total of 5 I can get per day, so we'll add in my duolingo, which I did, reading, which I did, and logging everything in grams, which I did (separate from calories, because I could log in grams but still go over calories.) A ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ day yesterday!

What am I reading, you ask? Good Fortune, by CK Chau, a twist on pride and prejudice. Can't wait to get further in.

For today, I'm at work, got my planned food and some wiggle room, my kindle, did my duolingo already, and I'm going to the gym for some pole conditioning and flow tonight! With a little focus it will be another 5 star day!

Tag party:
    @CEB335Mon I love your mantra, and I always love a sleep goal.

@mmatcha_latte I love hearing you're noticing changes already!

@eloiraw I want to hear so much more about your time in Kenya! Welcome!

@justanotherjen13 this is so funny when it lines up like this, haha. Weight loss isn't linear, you go! :joy:

@dutchgirl188 you're so close to first goal! So exciting!

Have a great day, everyone!

• skintight303
    skintight303 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Ladies!!

Thank you for all the support last month--it has been a treat to join this group and be inspired by all of you.

Congratulations to everyone for working through the tough month of December and for staying the course and being back here for 2024!

I went to the mountains with my husband and 2 kiddos as well as extended family for the last 10 days. I enjoyed food and drinks and sledding and long walks. Overdid it a bit--but feel good about how I ended the year.

I was 212 lbs. at the start of October. Flirted with getting on target that month and was down to 206 lbs. by the end of October. November was more intentional--but I got serious in December. Started December just over 200 lbs. I wanted to see 192 at the end of the month. Alas, I missed that goal (ended at 194.4). But progress is progress

So thrilled to be back here for 2024 inspiration, intention setting and accountability!

I weigh-in daily, but will post on Fridays.

Jan 1st SW: 194 (on the button).
    Jan GW: 188 (I'm thinking 6 lbs. a month is a healthy trend for me!)
    Ultimate GW: 170

Intentions for January:
    * Dry January (it will be interesting to see if this proves difficult...)
    * Jogging 3 nights per week
    * 10K steps per day
    * Get back on the vitamin wagon
  • sharon81
    sharon81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sharon age 42
    SW 230
    Jan SW 193
    Feb GW 187 (was here at my lowest recently, before Christmas)

1/01: 193.0
    1/8:
    1/15:
    1/22:
    1/30:
    Total month loss:

Weekly goals:
    Add more activity into the day to day
    Be at calorie deficit 6/7 days.

December was rough. I ended up gaining 3lbs after reaching my all time low. Then I went on a two week vacation and gained 3 lbs more… I hope to lose all 6 by Feb… good luck everyone!!!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    Call it overkill, but I'm looking for every bit of support to drive motivation for 2024!

My name is Charissa. I stumbled on this group in December and thought I'd wait until January to join.

At little about me:
    I just turned 63. In the first half of 2023 - I lost about 10 lbs. In the second half of 2023 - I gained about 13 lbs. The second half was full of life challenges, some good, some not so good. I feel that I learned a lot last year about what works and the things I need to conquer. I am very hopeful for 2024!

Starting Weight: 223.6.
    Goals for 2024 > Trend downwards. My ultimate goal weight is between 140 - 150. While I'd like to lose about 5lbs a month, I'm focusing instead on actions that could/should result in that loss.
    • Exercise - 6x a week
    • Water - working towards 64 to 100 ounces daily
    • Better Nutrition *Work in Process
    • Less Alcohol * Work in process. Currently doing dry January with 2 exception days.
    • Get back to 10,000 steps a day (minimum)

My Mantra:
    🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I'm extremely sore from the gym on Tuesday, but that's fine. Weight average went down another tenth, which is lovely.
    ⭐ duolingo: we're getting into katagana. I almost missed this star, did my duo just before I went to sleep, haha
    ⭐ weight loss calories: not too bad. I did eat some of the baby's mac and cheese that she didn't, but stayed in weight loss calories zone
    ⭐ logging in grams: I got the batteries I needed for my work food scale, so from now on we'll be golden
    ⭐ reading: :kissing_heart: Darcy pouring her tea while she still hates him, chef's kiss. I read in bed, which was lovely. Haven't done that in a while.
    ⭐ exercise routine: rest day was so good yesterday.
    Another ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ day!

And, as promised, I'll show you my tea setup, now that my cube shelf has legs to make it tall enough to be a counter!!
    4jd9lku4r6d5.png
    It's great.

Also yesterday, I made up a board game to pick my reads (and knits) for the year:
    3cuwwhatrqi8.png
    I'm excited to use it to pick my next read/cast on.

A good rest day- got the legs on the shelf, made up a game for myself.

Tonight, chair acrobatic conditioning and splits class. I can't say I'm looking forward to them, because I'm sore, but I do want those lorecana cards, haha, so I gotta follow my exercise plan! And I know once I go, I'll feel good that I went.

@itladyee welcome!! Your plan sounds good, and I know you will just do it!! :smiley:

Have a great day, everyone!

• sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

@sarah12277 you're back! Hi! I'm so glad to see you back, and it's good to hear your living situation is going to get better. And another disney run!! Are you going to dress up as a character for it?
    @CupcakeCrusoe Hi! You're doing so well. My friend has a similar tea cabinet setup. Looks good! For the Disney run, I haven't dressed up besides a themed tank top. The surprise 5K is Tinkerbell themed so I will likely wear this one tank I got. Hadn't thought of wings but I can certainly add those. We'll see!

Back to work this week. Things will be piled on me with some of the contractors leaving due to the annual budget cuts. Thankfully the team will have more pushback so we'll see how it goes the next month or so.

Got to the gym on Tuesday for cardio. Thought of the going last night for strength but just wasn't in me as it was getting close to 9pm.
    Tonight there's supposed to be a bowling meet for DH's friends but not sure if that's still happening. If it doesn't then I'll get myself out and about. Already told Mom she's on her own for dinner