Women 200lb+, Let's Rock 'n Roll this January!!!

Options

Replies

• dutchgirl188
    dutchgirl188 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! I was in this group last month and I am happy to be here again!
    I am 37 years old, 5'11" and currently 208.8 lbs. I will weigh in every Friday.
    I started MFP on 10/27/23 and I have lost 15 lbs since then. Each mini goal I hit I will reward myself (pedicure or new outfit, etc.)
    My goals are to lose about 2 lbs per week, track and weigh my food every day, go to the gym 3-4 times per week where I will speed walk 1 mile on the indoor track and do weight lifting for 45 min split into back/biceps, legs/abs, and chest/triceps.
    I wish all of you so much success! 💓
    CW: 208.8
    1st Goal: 208.0
    2nd goal: 198.0
    3rd goal: 185.0
    4th goal: 172.0
    UGW: 165.0

1/ 5: 208.4. A small loss, but better than nothing! A non-scale victory: I have gone down 3 notches on my belt since October!

1/12: 205.4 Ahh! I am so happy that I met my first goal! I am going to get a pedicure 🤗

1/19: 203.6 I have now lost 20 lbs total since I started MFP. I am so happy!

1/26:
  • carley_marie83
    carley_marie83 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    January:
    6th: 99.3 kilos - 218.4
    13th: 98.6 kilos - 216.9
    20th: 215.3
  • kiteflyer105
    kiteflyer105 Posts: 128 Member
    edited January 20
    Options
    Hi all, I have a lot of reading to do here and will catch up with everyone.

Day 17-No bingeing. I need to be honest with everyone. No, I have not binged, which is a blessing. My ICD surgery went better than expected--It took 4 hours. Thank God I don't remember any of it. I am blessed! I have, on some days of the first week, overeaten to combat the pain. I have 3 leads (or plastic tubes) in my heart. The ICD needs to settle in my shoulder. Eventually, it embeds itself in my body, and I won’t notice. It hurts a lot, way more than I imagined. My shoulder started killing on the 3rd day and hasn't stopped. Constant pain. They did not give me any narcotics to take home with me. I will never take an Oxy again. It made me really sick. The Tylenol and Acetaminophen aren't even relieving the pain, so I stopped taking it. The first week is the most pain; I've been told.

I gained weight when I saw my PCP. I am kind of disappointed, but I am trying to just get through this first week. It just ended. I know I have no excuses. I seriously do not. I don't drink. I can't smoke any substances. I don't like needlessly taking pills. This is between me and me. The stronger version of myself is ready to take over again. My weak-willed self has taken over this week, but I am grateful I didn't gain like 20 lbs. from bingeing in a week. My sleep schedule is backwards.

xr7iczb5lrwq.png

I had a kale soup with beans, tomatoes, turkey sausage, celery and potatoes that I love, which was fantastic. Then I had some Triscuits, Fig Newtons, way more than 2, unfortunately. I had chocolate pudding for the nasty pills I took. Yuck. For dinner, I had turkey Italian sausage, pasta, pesto with a tomato sauce, salad for dinner with Thousand Island dressing, and chocolate milk. I had a Coke for a snack with water for the rest of the day.

It is very hard not to use my predominant arm and shoulder for basic things. This has put my downsizing of my belongings on hold. If I move the wrong way or lift too much and damage what the surgeons did, they will yank the ICD out. The first 4 weeks are crucial not to overdo it. I did some things I shouldn't have out of habit. In bed, my hand sometimes goes above my shoulders naturally. I pushed the grocery cart with one hand most of the time not two. Although sometimes I slipped and used two hands. I should not be pushing anything. I did lift a box that I thought was not that heavy. It was way over 10 lbs. A gallon of milk is 8.6 lbs.

This is a new lifestyle I will work my way through. Due to the sensitive nature, I can't list all of the chronic conditions. Some conditions can be reversed. Others cannot. Imagine your cardiologist telling you, you have to stop working in a field that you love and can never work again in due to the Heart Failure. The social isolation and not working is not by choice. I am not able to volunteer.

I do get depressed some days. A lot of my normal routine was taken away from me. I have a productivity calendar that I write down what I do daily. I used to go, go, and go daily. I used to leave my house daily. Now I am forced to stay at home, because my immune system is down. Covid is running rampant in my county. I had the Covid, flu, and need to get the RSV vaccination.

My lifestyle has been turned upside down. It has been hard being dependent on people.
    When I moved, several friendships naturally ended, that hurt, but that is not something I can't overcome. I am slowly getting better. The anger I have over my life situation will propel me to goal. I have no doubts.

Last year seriously was the worst year medically of my life, the ICD surgery was a breeze compared to what I went through. The fact that heart surgery was easy is laughable. Thank God I am still living. Honestly, sometimes I am weak and others I am strong and triumphant. It is what I do most of the time that counts.

My Binge Eating Disorder created many chronic conditions. I let it almost kill me. This is not a joke to me. At the thick of my trail, I wanted to die. What purpose do I have if I can't do work that I love? Why am I here? Thank God I was consistently taking my depression and anxiety meds; otherwise, I would not be here. I don't want peoples' pity. I am letting you know where I have been, yes suicidal at some points. I see a therapist. I am on the upswing. There is still more trudging through the incredible pain. My addiction may have won the war, but not the battle. I have faith in my capabilities that I can overcome myself. Or, it means death--it really is that simple. If an addict cannot be honest with themselves and other people, they will never recover. Truth.

https://emilyprogram.com/blog/physical-effects-of-binge-eating-disorder/

What Is Binge Eating Disorder?
    Binge eating disorder is an eating disorder that is characterized by excessive food intake, often driven by a need to soothe negative emotions. Those suffering from binge eating disorder (BED) repeatedly and uncontrollably eat extreme amounts of food. Following episodes of bingeing, those with BED usually experience feelings of guilt, shame, or distress. In an attempt to regain control, individuals may begin to restrict food or try restrictive dieting, which often ends in another episode of bingeing. This cycle of bingeing and restricting is challenging to break without professional eating disorder treatment.

Binge eating disorder was added to the DSM-5 in 2013. According to the DSM-5, the key diagnostic features of binge eating disorder that must be met are:

Recurrent episodes of bingeing or eating an amount of food larger than most people would eat in a similar time frame under similar circumstances. This episode must be accompanied by a feeling of a loss of control over eating.
    Binge eating episodes include three or more of the following:
    Eating quicker than usual.
    Eating an objectively large quantity of food.
    Eating while not hungry.
    Eating alone due to embarrassment of the amount of food being consumed.
    Feelings of disgust, depression, or guilt after eating.
    Distress about bingeing.
    Bingeing at least once a week for three months (or more).
    An absence of compensatory behaviors (as seen in bulimia and anorexia, such as running, purging, etc.).

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/basics/consequences.html

Obesity in children and adults increases the risk for the following health conditions.1,2,3

High blood pressure and high cholesterol which are risk factors for heart disease.
    Type 2 diabetes.
    Breathing problems, such as asthma and sleep apnea.
    Joint problems such as osteoarthritis and musculoskeletal discomfort.
    Gallstones and gallbladder disease.
    Childhood obesity is also associated with:4,5,6

Psychological problems such as anxiety and depression.
    Low self-esteem and lower self-reported quality of life.
    Social problems such as bullying and stigma.
    Obesity as adults.
    Adults with obesity have higher risks for stroke, many types of cancer, premature death, and mental illness such as clinical depression and anxiety.7,8

My old self would have been bingeing on sugar-ladened food and fast food. Primarily I use junk food to deal with the pain. All the sugar drinks. All the massive quantities of food that I tried to kill myself with. Any addiction is sneaky. It is always waiting for your defenses to be down to attack you. No matter what you are going through in life. My best defense is eating well, moving my body, taking my medications, drinking mostly water, and practicing self-care. Discipline and execution are the only things that are going to propel me towards my dreams. I am counting down the days to go back into cardiac rehab and the eating disorders clinic that I have chosen. Thankfully my insurance will pay for it. One step at a time. One day at a time. God did this to me to change my life around and give me a spanking. "Sister, Wake up!" I am listening.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/metabolic-syndrome/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20351921

Metabolic Syndrome Diagnosis
    The National Institutes of Health guidelines define metabolic syndrome as having three or more of the following traits, including traits for which you may be taking medication to control:

Large waist — A waistline that measures at least 35 inches (89 centimeters) for women and 40 inches (102 centimeters) for men
    High triglyceride level — 150 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL), or 1.7 millimoles per liter (mmol/L), or higher of this type of fat found in blood
    Reduced "good" or high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol — Less than 40 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) (1.04 millimoles per liter (mmol/L)) in men or less than 50 mg/dL (1.3 mmol/L) in women of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol
    Increased blood pressure — 130/85 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg) or higher
    Elevated fasting blood sugar — 100 mg/dL (5.6 mmol/L) or higher
    Treatment

If aggressive lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise aren't enough, your doctor might suggest medications to help control your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels.

Good luck on your individual journey. Here is ED Recovery...

https://emilyprogram.com/peace-meal-podcast/
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Saturday weigh in day!
    Christina
    35 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW (Feb 2022): 200.4
    UGW: 150
    2024 goal weight: 155!
    SW 2024: 182.7

🎉 January Goals!🎉
    🎉 January GW: 180
    1/6: 182.3 (-0.4)
    1/13: 182.2 (-0.1)
    1/20: 182.1 (-01)

⭐Stick to weight loss calories 7! days! a week!❌ 4/7
    ⭐Log everything in grams✅
    ⭐Read 2 books✅
    ⭐Set up my home pole and take pictures for you all of my home gym in my garage - I have to finish the flooring first, haha. If you give a mouse a cookie, etc.
    ⭐Do not deviate from the workout plan!✅

daily stars:
    ⭐ duolingo: ✅
    ⭐ weight loss calories: ❌ lol didn't happen yesterday. Would have, if I didn't snack before the game, but I did, because I'm used to eating at 4 or 5, and expected myself to wait until 730, lol
    ⭐ logging in grams: ✅
    ⭐ reading:✅
    ⭐ exercise routine: ✅

So my average is lowering slowly, even though my calories are a little higher than I'd like. Last night they were over maintenance by a bit, over 2000, lol. I have to stay realistic and not box myself into a corner. I have to remember that I'm always hungry around 3-4, and plan for that.

Anyway! Today is the day I help my women's group put on a big event - that's the drama that has me stressed. Hopefully everything goes fine, I'll pre-log any food I want to eat and work around it, and then tonight I'm doing a spinal flexibility video, as my lower back is getting in the way of better splits.

Then tonight for dinner, I'm doing Peanut Zoodles, a recipe from a member of this thread from a while ago:
    Zoodle Ingredients:
    2 TBS sesame oil
    2 tsp minced garlic
    1 cup shredded carrots
    1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
    3 zucchini, spiralized
    1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
    Toppings: sesame seeds, cilantro

Peanut Sauce:
    1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
    1/3 cup honey
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    2 TBS rice vinegar
    2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
    1-2 TBS Siracha

Instructions:
    1. Add sesame oil and garlic to large skillet and cook over medium heat. Add carrots and cabbage cook about 5 min until tender. Add zoodles and chicken and cook about 3 min. Remove from heat
    2. Combine all sauce ingredients in small saucepan over low heat. Wisk until PB has melted and everything is combined.
    3. Pour sauce over zoodle mix. Stir to combine and serve.

4 generous servings is 518 calories

Gotta use up the rest of that cabbage, haha. I also need to get some chicken in the crock pot to cook and shred before my event....or I could pick up a rotisserie chicken on the way home. Decisions decisions.

I should get my butt in gear- it's going to be a long day. Time to make some low-calorie toast and eggs to get me through until the event, pack up the things I need to bring, get dressed, put my hair in rollers, go to party city, get to the venue by 11, help setting up, get ready and host the event, then on the way home, grocery store (or not), make dinner, do the stretching, and then I can rest. Long day. Going to be good. Just long.

Tag party (just this page, so if there were any I missed on last page, I did read you and I see you!):
    @dutchgirl188 you are absolutely KILLING IT congratulations!!

@sarah12277 OMG :heart: :heart: SHE'S SO CUTE OMG

@CarleyMarie83 doing great!

@kiteflyer105 you have been through so much. I'm sending you all my best wishes that your recovery goes much smoother from now on, and that these 4 weeks of restricted movement go by without a hitch.
    :heart:

Have a great day, everyone!

• melissaaridgeway
    melissaaridgeway Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone here. I'm down a bit this week (-1.5lbs) for my weekly weigh-in, so that's not bad at all considering my baby grew probably at least a half pound this week (in addition to fluids and enlarged organs and the fact I really struggle to see my feet anymore!) So 1.5lbs is actually a huge loss lol.

Had a bit of a tough week with some unnecessary drama on this website (I don't get why people are they way they are sometimes lol) and we lost one of our pigs last night and let me tell you, digging a grave in 30 degree weather at 10pm at night 8 months pregnant is not my idea of fun lol. And of course just general mom stress and lack of sleep and all of that combined. But I stuck to it mostly (I was a little over on calories yesterday) and still saw my hard work rewarded.
  • sharon81
    sharon81 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sharon
    SW: 230 (10/22)
    New Feb 1 GW: 183
    1/01: 193.0
    1/8: 189.0
    1/13: 185.6
    1/14: 185.6
    1/15: 187.2
    1/16: 186.2
    1/17: 186.2
    1/18: 184.0
    1/19: 184.0
    1/20: 184.0- glad to see going 200ish cal over didn’t have instant repercussions 🤣
    Total month loss: -9lbs
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,075 Member
    Options
    Goal Check 1/20
    Exercise - 6x a week ✔️
    Water - working towards 64 to 100 ounces daily ✔️
    I thought week 3 was going to be bad.. I will be happy with 63+ in week 4 as well
    Week 1 = 32 +✔️
    Week 2 = 48 +✔️
    Week 3 = 63 + 4 out of 7 days (so far). Lots of bathroom visits :(
    Week 4 = 80 +
    Week 4 = 63 +

Better Nutrition *Work in Process ✔️
    Good Choices, under calories all week.
    Less Alcohol * Work in process. Currently doing dry January with 2 exception days. ✔️
    1/1, 1/6 had Alcohol. All else AF 18/20
    Get back to 10,000 steps a day (minimum) 🚫
    Struggling here. Averaging about 7,000. Hit 8,000+ a couple of times this week.

My Mantra:
    🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!

Saturday Weigh In
    1/01: 223.6
    1/06: 219.0 (4.6) 😎 (fluff weight)
    1/13: 217.4 (1.6)
    1/20: 215.4 (2.0)
    1/27:
    1/31:
    Total month loss so far: 8.2

Monthly Tracking
    January
    February
    March
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
    December
    Total Loss 2024
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,075 Member
    Options
    @kiteflyer105 ~ Wow, that's a lot of changes to process. I wish you a speedy recovery and good things ahead.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Weight average went down 2 tenths today, I got a little whoosh after shark week commenced. I weighed in at 181, average 182.

So funny how my body is so reactive to stress in my life- as soon as the current stress is pretty much over with, whoosh.

Anyway. Sunday rest day! So happy for that. I'm going to make chili, for a nice easy crockpot dinner with lots of leftovers for tomorrow. I may work on the garage or I may not. It's so cold, and I am so tired. It's hard to get excited for it when I don't know when the flooring will finish, so I don't know when the pole will go up. We'll see.

My reward for this month came in! I ordered the cards early because I found someone selling theirs at a great price online, so now they're here and I have to wait until the end of the month to open them to be sure I finish my goal, haha. Only ten more days in this month!

I have found my preferred brand of store seltzer at last- Clear American from Walmart has the sweetest 0 calorie flavored sparkling water, imo. I'm drinking the strawberry one currently.

Tag party time:
    @melissaaridgeway I'm sorry about your pig! You're doing great weight-loss wise, as long as you're doctor's happy and baby's happy!

@sharon81 depending on your deficit, 200 calories over may not even be over your maintenance number. You're doing great.

@itladyee you're doing amazing, both weight loss wise and water drinking wise! I wouldn't beat yourself up too hard about steps- most people who don't live in cities with good public transport have to be very intentional about walking, and walking takes time that people don't have, you know? In the big cities with metros, it's easier, because you're walking stop to stop, you're walking home, etc. I love cities with metros (I don't live in one :neutral:)

• sharon81
    sharon81 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sharon
    SW: 230 (10/22)
    New Feb 1 GW: 183
    1/01: 193.0
    1/8: 189.0
    1/13: 185.6
    1/14: 185.6
    1/15: 187.2
    1/16: 186.2
    1/17: 186.2
    1/18: 184.0
    1/19: 184.0
    1/20: 184.0- glad to see going 200ish cal over didn’t have instant repercussions 🤣
    1/21: 185.2 🙄
    Total month loss: -7.8 lbs
  • melissastringer13
    melissastringer13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New here, but trying this out! I know having a community of people makes a big difference. Will try to check in daily and glad to see there’s a good group of people consistently posting here :). Great to meet you all!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Weight average the same, expenditure went up, I ate below maintenance but above target yesterday, eh.

The chili yesterday was exactly what the doctor ordered- hot and comforting. I spent the day mostly relaxing, going through my perfume oils to organize them so I know where to find everything when I need it (a spreadsheet was involved, I have over 200 1 ml drams of perfume oil, haha). I found out that there are a lot of scents I own that I haven't really tried yet, so that is exciting- to try them all so I know what I want to keep and what I can give away. The 1 ml drams fit perfectly into ammo storage boxes, so I've got three of those coming on Wednesday so I can finish the organizing.

So today's previously untried scents of the day: Pomegranate, which goes very woody and masculine on me, and Blackcurrant Pie, which is very powdery and less fruity than I wanted. They can't all be winners (and if they were, I'd never smell like the same thing twice, haha).

Today, I leave work early to take Babby to an appointment, with enough time that I can make our lunches and charge the car if needed, go get her, and get to the appointment on time.

Tonight, splits stretching or spinal flexibility, haven't decided which yet, and leftovers for dinner- I'll probably eat the egg roll skillet, unless Whatsisface has taken it for lunch, in which case I'll play it by ear. There's chili left, but not for all of us. We'll see.

Tag party time:
    @sharon81 you know the drill, keep on keeping on. :wink:

@melissastringer13 welcome! This is the best thread on mfp, imo, so you're in great company. Can't wait to hear more from you!

• kristinwoods919
    kristinwoods919 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This weekend was rough. But, I am back at it today.
  • HarleyQueen71
    HarleyQueen71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm in the 200+ gang and as well as trying top lose weight I'm also marathon training for an April marathon. Running needs fuel, so i'm trying to balance eating enough for fuel and eating a calorie deficit to lose the extra fat store which will only help my running!
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello.

I meant to check in last Monday, but we discovered MICE in our house and I've basically spent the last five days cleaning, scrubbing, and throwing things away. Did I make it to the gym? No. Did I use lots of fun muscle groups that I haven't used for a while? Absolutely.

I've definitely been eating less than I should calorie-wise, which isn't ideal, but I've been so busy and didn't really have an appetite...what with the gross rodent droppings I was finding.

Anyway, exterminator came out today, I'm headed to the pool now, and I plan to cook a big dinner.

• CeCeFlyy
    CeCeFlyy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Weekly Check In • 1/22

SW: 237
    LW: 231 (1/15)
    CW: 233.2
    GW: 165

One thing I want to improve from last week:

Water is still like pulling teeth.

One thing I enjoyed from last week:

“Eat what you want, add what you need”
    I’m learning that I need (like) chocolate for desert a couple times a week. Including this in my calorie allowance at the start of my day prevents me from going over. I don’t feel like I’m depriving myself out of something I really want. This also prevents me from binging later in the evening (Deprivation is the trigger for my binge eating).

NSV:

✨Some of my shirts are starting to feel a bit looser. I’ve even had to tighten the straps on a couple.
    ✨I found a pair of boots that might actually fit my big thighs. They’re $350 but that would be a nice reward for when I hit my 1/2 way mark of 199. $10/ pound #girlmath
    ✨I actually did 3 days of workouts!!!

-
    I am a bit backed up at the moment, so I’m hoping a good “go” will drop me back down to where I want/need to be. Haven’t had as many veggies this week so hope to work on improving that along with my water intake.
  • skintight303
    skintight303 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

I think I need to RE-THINK my Friday posting of weigh-ins. Fridays always get crazed at work and I don't remember to post. Then--I settle into the weekend routine with kiddos and chores! I'm switching to Mondays!!

Last week was mostly good. I have an IUD and one (great) result of this is that I do not have a real period to speak of, but I have noticed that I do have many of the symptoms. Tracking my weight more closely over these last few months has clearly pointed out to me both my weight stagnation during this same week each month, moodiness (sorry husband), and even skin breakouts. I'm learning to be more patient with myself and understand the brief weight plateaus.

October SW: 208

Jan. SW: 194
    Jan. 5th: 193.2
    Jan. 12th: 189.2
    Jan. 22nd: 187.3
    Jan 29th:
    Feb 5th:

GW: 170 and I will reassess.

Anyone listen to any great weight loss or mindfulness podcasts? I have been loving: We only LOOK thin and Half Size Me. Would love any recommendations :smile:
  • t4nn1e
    t4nn1e Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! I’m newly back and need to get my life back on track again with regards to my overall health. I’d love a few friends to chat to and motivate along the way. Please add me if you can - I can’t seem to add anybody but I’d like to build a little group of people who I can share ideas with :) thanks!