Women 200lb+, Let's Stay Focused This February!!!

Options
💗Happy February, ladies!💗

💕We've made it through the first month of 2024 and now we've got to stay focused on our goals and ourselves in February!

💕How did January treat you and how have you been treating yourself? Are there any new resolutions you've added to the list or any that you've set aside because they just weren't working?

💕What are the things you'll be focused on in February? And what's one way you've already made yourself proud in 2024?

💗If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM! you're one of us.

💗 In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

💗All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you!

💗Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

💕Let's focus up in February and be as fierce and fabulous as possible!💕

Replies

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    @cupcakecrusoe ~ That's (pole exercising) amazing! That has to require a lot of body strength! Great Job. How did you discover this?
  • CeCeFlyy
    CeCeFlyy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Monthly Check In • 2/1

💜HAPPY LOVE MONTH💜

SW: 237
    LW: 231.6
    CW: 230.6
    GW: 165

Today isn’t an actual weigh in day but I wanted to see what I’m starting the month at. I’m glad I did, I haven’t seen 230 in a while, it’s only .7 away on where I wanted to be. I even did a little happy dance! I’m so proud of myself, and that doesn’t happen often. ☺️

One thing I want to improve from last month:

Water & sleep will be my main focus. I can really tell the difference in my mood when I hydrate & sleep enough.

One thing I enjoyed from last month:

I’m going to say my workouts. I actually stayed consistent and hit my 2-3x/ week goal. I’m at that point where I’m excited to workout and look forward to it.

February Goals:

💜 64oz of water a day
    💜 7-8 Hours of sleep a night
    💜 225 on the scale
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Age 47
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 229.7
    GW for February 225
    UGW 145

2/01: 229.7
    2/8:
    2/15:
    2/22:
    2/29:
    Total month loss:

Weekly goals:
    -At least 2 day at gym - 1 cardio, 1 strength
    -64 oz of water each day

The earlier week low I didn’t believe at the time and think the scale wasn’t full flat. Swiped the floor and now back to stable.

Nothing too exciting this month. Just need to get back into routine.
    Trying to figure out if we’re really going to the horror convention and the Disney trip in the coming months. Financials are suggesting no so really debating it.
  • skintight303
    skintight303 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Happy February Ladies!!

Mejken
    42 years old
    5'9"
    Re-Starting Weight (10/23) 208lbs
    Current Weight 185.5
    End of February Goal Weight: 180
    UGW 170 and I'll reassess.

I weigh daily and track to see averages and anomalies. I did like @sharon81 tactic of posting daily for accountability and might steal this depending on how this first week goes.

January was great overall--but I could see myself getting loose with both my calorie tracking and weighing all my food. (I'm talking to you handful of cheez-its!!!) I KNOW that this works. I am recommitted. I also am very proud that I averaged 15,648 steps per day and hit my goal of 10K steps on all 31 days. I have to send my Fitbit back for an exchange since it is being glitchy and I am determined to stay on track event though I will likely be 10 days without "tracking".

February Goals:
    * Remain in a calorie deficit everyday with 1 exception day (husband's birthday celebration).
    * Dry February (with same exception as above).
    * Climb to the 25th floor at work 3 times daily.
    * Exercise 3 times a week at minimum (running or strength, with at least 1 being strength).
    * Complete a 28 day plank challenge.

2/1: 185.5
    2/8:
    2/15:
    2/22:
    2/29:

Y'all are seriously the best. I love hearing your progress. The struggles are real and I really admire the vulnerability that is shared here. Let's make the most out of a short month. I believe in US!!!

• carley_marie83
    carley_marie83 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    6 days ago I was 213.6 my goal for February is 209 minimum. 199s feels forever away!
  • kristinwoods919
    kristinwoods919 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day. I was very surprised.
    Feb 1- 225.1
    Feb 2- 223.1
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Saturday weigh in day!
    Christina
    35 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW (Feb 2022): 200.4
    UGW: 150
    2024 goal weight: 165
    SW 2024: 182.7

💕 February Goals!💕
    💕 February GW (average): 180
    💗Feb SW (average): 181.8
    2/3: 182, I've had some high weights, and high intakes.

💗Stick to weight loss calories 7! days! a week! ❌ 0/2 lol
    💗Log everything in grams ✅ I do know exactly how much I went over, and my expenditure is still increasing.
    💗Read 2 books _ _
    💗Set up my home pole and take pictures for you all of my home gym in my garage - we'll see if I work on the flooring today. Maybe tomorrow.
    💗Do not deviate from the workout plan! ✅

Today is booty blast and poles 2 at the gym, this after I'm still sore from Wednesday, lol. It's fine.

I'll have to figure out what all I'm doing today food-wise, and prelog to make sure I don't get outta pocket. Time to look forward to this coming week, when I will hopefully have a !DECREASED! weigh in.

Played lorecana with my brother last night, it was fun. I'm thinking of adjusting my rewards to include a playing mat and card protectors, we'll see. He gave me a ton of cards, so I don't as desperately need a stable as I once did, although he would of course keep good ones to himself, :lol:

Tag party time:
    @itladyee It does take some doing! It's an excellent resistance training workout- because you really are hauling your entire body weight up, haha. I found it on a lark- I used to do belly dancing, but the studio was too far away from me now, and was looking for a replacement for that. There are pole fitness studios around me! I found one that looked fun and lucked out- the girls at my gym are the nicest, most supportive people I have ever met. We're all friends. It's truly my Third Place- not home, not work, but a third place where people are happy to see me and I can relax.

@CeCeFlyy you should be proud, you're doing amazing. Sleep should also be on my list, too. I feel so much more prepared to deal with my constant desire for food when I'm less tired. Easier said than done, lol.

@sarah12277 "swiped the floor and back to stable" is a thing that happened to me this week, too, and a great way to put it! I hope you get to do at least one of the things you want to do- either the con or disney. :heart:

@skintight303 you're doing great! And I appreciate YOU (all of you) for coming back here and contributing- this group is so much more effective with people who are motivated to share their successes and their downturns- no toxic positivity, just lots of support.

@carley_marie83 That spot you're in? Depending on your height, it can go quickly. I remember being that weight, and thinking I'd never see ONE-derland, and boom- like three weeks later I was there. But even if you're not- the approaching the 100s comes with its own rewards- looser clothes, easier time exercising, the whole bit. If the rate of loss is getting you down, think of your NSVs. You've got this. :smiley:

@kristinwoods919 you're killing the game! Wonderful! 🥳

Have a great Saturday, everyone! Let's get it!

• mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Name: Melissa
    38 years old, 5'8" woman

My Numbers:
    SW: 263.4 lbs (Nov 1 2023)
    Feb GW: 226 lbs (-5 lbs)
    ✨🌟✨
    1st GW: 199 lbs
    2nd GW: 163 lbs
    Ultimate GW: 140 lbs

💖💜💞💙💝
    Weigh-ins: Sundays
    Feb SW = 231.6
    2/4/24 = 231.4 (-0.2)
    2/11/24 =
    2/18/24 =
    2/25/24 =
    Total WL/G for the month=

I'm on my period oh boy fun times 🙄 so not much change from last week. I'm hoping to lose 5 lbs in February! The weather here is warming up already so I'm hoping to slowly start walking outside.🌞 Hope you all have a great week!
  • sharon81
    sharon81 Posts: 68 Member
    edited February 6
    Options
    Hey ladies!!!
    Been in a super brain fog since Sunday. I have started my cycle and also caught my son's cold. :( Nervous to weigh in on Thursday as this morning I was up 4.2 lbs since last Thursday. :( I am trying not to be too upset about it as I know this is the way of things for me. I was just so excited to reach 50lbs lost.... I wanted it so badly before this weekend when I go out of town to see some family I haven't seen in a while and likely there may be "THE QUESTION". "How much have you lost?" would it be so nice to say a nice even 50 lbs instead of 47. blah blah blah or just about 50 lbs. LOL something silly, but here it is in my head.
    @CupcakeCrusoe I so miss the baby stage... My boy just turned 19 on Sunday... Now, can't wait for grand babies. :wink: He is planning a September wedding so they may not be too far off if the Lord so blesses them.
    @sandramarshall200 I have a mother in law that will do the same, usually pointing fingers at hubby but subtle comments about her weight or whatever that feel like jabs at me. I think they probably mean well but they can back off!! (((HUGS)))
    @mmatcha_latte I cannot wait to walk out side again. It was 42F here yesterday and gorgeous... (not going to last in this area) but it was still "too cold" which is comical to me because we live way up North (touching Canada) and it's typically below 0 a lot of the winter but since losing the weight that I have, I am so cold all the time.
    @NZMAMAOF5 Welcome to the group! I hope you find it as warm and inspiring as I have :smile:
    @RavenStCloud That is pretty awesome about the free classes you can join at the gym. I hope to join a gym sometime late spring early Summer (working out our finances right now) The boy is getting married as I mentioned above and would love to be in a size 14 or less dress. We'll see. On that note, I did wear a size 14 skirt to church on Sunday but it was a big 14 :wink:
    @itladyee I can't even imagine 80 ounces of water daily... I am lucky to get 40-50 ounces most days. WTG!!!
    @CeCeFlyy Girl you have got it right! I need to not only train myself to believe those words but to also follow them when we go out with a group or if we have a game night with snacks. Just enjoy the people and the time... This addiction to food is tough.
    @kristinwoods919 WTG!! Keep up the hard work!
    @carley_marie83 Girl I know the feeling all to well. I get so overwhelmed with how long it is taking to get to a goal... sometimes to my own mini detriment. I find that the closer I get to a goal the more slack I tend to become for some reason. I am working hard at DETERMINATION when I get close but here we are, close to a goal of 50lbs lost and I spiked up 4lbs because I threw caution to the wind and ate freely over the weekend.
    @skintight303 You are doing fantastic!!! I truly enjoy watching your success because I feel we are in a similar spot. We are the same age, we are the same weight and our goals are similar. I am totally team Skintight303!! :smiley:
    @sarah12277 Keep on keeping on! You're doing great!!
    Sorry if I missed anyone. 😬😬