60 year old female! Looking for support friends!

Options
Here I go again trying to get under 200 pounds again! Just did it a year ago! Trauma hit. I gained 45 plus back so need to drop it! Who wants to join me in support?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome (back?)!

I'm over 60 (67), but at a different phase (long-term maintainer) . . . and I'm a crummy MFP friend on that side of things, to be honest. :|

I see you've found the 60 & over group (https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3538-60-years-old-and-over). You might also find some like-minded people on this thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10718336/60-yrs-and-up

Don't be dismayed if you open that up and see old posts. Like any long-running thread on MFP, the newest posts are at the end, on the high-numbered pages. You can jump straight to the current end using the number/arrow links near the bottom of the page.

It's still active, and there are some nice folks participating.

I'm wishing you much success here!
  • KatherineMcCalla
    Options
    @AnnPT77 thanks for your response and direction 👍. Much appreciated.
  • Losewhey8
    Losewhey8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m back at it again. I’m 65 and at my highest of 208 just lost 4 lbs since last week
    I’ve been a member of my fitness pal since the start of the app. I’m not consistent I’m good for 2 months then drop off at logging food then quit and gain back I need to learn consistency
  • leechiv
    leechiv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Over 60 here and struggle most days. Not sure how to follow people but I’m here if anyone needs motivating.
  • farley_pamela
    farley_pamela Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here I go again trying to get under 200 pounds again! Just did it a year ago! Trauma hit. I gained 45 plus back so need to drop it! Who wants to join me in support?

I just joined again. I am 55 and have 50 plus to lose sadly. I will support you!
  • tennisquilter
    tennisquilter Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, my goal is also to get under 200 pounds, only 61.3 pounds to go! I just restarted this fitness journey. But I am ready for life long change! I am looking to get a give support! (Just turned 69). Janet
  • tennisquilter
    tennisquilter Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to send friend requests but don’t know how. So if anyone thinks we might be good support buddies, please send me a friend request.
  • CarabooDaisydoggie
    Options
    62 here and back at it. feel free to add me as a friend. I could use the support!
  • BeccaColliesBurton
    Options
    Hi. I've been a member for years on and off. I'm in the zone just now. I'm trying a new strategy this time which is to set my target for 5% bodyweight loss. Then reset for another 5%. Hoping small achievable amounts will motivate me and also as I'm doing a local council programme where I get twelve weeks gym membership free for attending a zoom weightloss meeting each week. Then if I lose 5% body weight in 12 weeks I get twelve more weeks of gym but don't have to attend meetings so that's worth making the effort for I think. Feel free to add me to your friends.
  • ireneh124
    ireneh124 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    70 and am looking for slow and steady friends to focus on logging and walking.
  • grannycarol47
    grannycarol47 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 70+ With 55 lbs to lose. I am at the gym 3 times a week and plan on adding a daily walk to increase my steps.
  • Tabernash19
    Tabernash19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 58 and have been on and off MFP over the years. I am currently trying to lose to get under 200. I want to lose 80 pounds in all. I am looking to give and get support!
  • grh2h27pn4
    grh2h27pn4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I believe in you!
  • jal068
    jal068 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 68 and rejoined MFP in September. My first goal is to get under 200 lbs. Down 24 with 35 to go. Looking for others with similar goals so we can support each other
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Latestarter2018
    Latestarter2018 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I have just re-started. I’m 56 (almost 57) I’ve got 25 pounds to loose which I am hoping to do this year. I’m looking for support friends too 😊 love to follow and be a support buddy to you. Sarah