50 Days Transformation

Options
arunthejam
arunthejam Posts: 11 Member
edited November 2023 in Success Stories
Hi Community,

I started using MyFitnessPal on October 1st, 2023, and today is my 50th day. I'm thrilled to share that I've lost a solid 30 pounds. I want to inspire and motivate others, so I'm posting a before-and-after picture of my journey towards my ultimate goal.

I hope this serves as motivation for all of you. Believe in yourselves, stay consistent, and always visualize the end result you've been dreaming of. Let it fuel your determination to make it a reality! You can do it too!

iuv15q4jg0r3.jpg

Replies

• _simplicity_
    _simplicity_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome!
  • hulishimm94
    hulishimm94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :)
  • jessytowns
    jessytowns Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How did you do it? Did you have any cheat days!
  • arunthejam
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome!

Thank you so much!
  • arunthejam
    Options
    Congratulations! :)

Thank you so much!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    arunthejam wrote: »
    jessytowns wrote: »

I did have some unintentional cheat days, but overall, I tried to eat 1200 calories a day, not less and not more, and exercised (walking and running) to burn at least 500 calories a day.
    So your net calories a day was 700?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• arunthejam
    edited November 2023
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

I did have some unintentional cheat days, but overall, I tried to eat 1200 calories a day, not less and not more, and exercised (walking and running) to burn at least 500 calories a day.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I never really calculated this number, but you are right; 700 is my net calorie intake per day.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I never really calculated this number, but you are right; 700 is my net calorie intake per day.

That's really low for a guy (for most anyone in fact). Your NET calories for a day should be 1200 min. Too high of a deficit, while make a higher weight loss, the effect of the loss could mean sacrificing muscle. And that LOWERS your resting metabolic rate making it much much easier to regain weight especially if you're not doing any resistance training and are losing muscle.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • arunthejam
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That's really low for a guy (for most anyone in fact). Your NET calories for a day should be 1200 max. Too high of a deficit, while make a higher weight loss, the effect of the loss could mean sacrificing muscle. And that LOWERS your resting metabolic rate making it much much easier to regain weight especially if you're not doing any resistance training and are losing muscle.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Carefully noted. Thank you very much for the insights, and I really appreciate it. Also, I am not doing any resistance training, and I definitely don't want to lose muscle. Do you recommend increasing my net calorie intake of 700 to 1,200?
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! and welcome to the 30lbs lost club... :)

Now the hard part is maintaining but it doesn't have to be if you have a good mindset... :)
  • _simplicity_
    Options
    excellent discussion between you two @arunthejam and @ninerbuff -- thanks so much for sharing in an honest, helpful dialogue .. love it!
  • _simplicity_
    Options
    thank you @jessytowns .. your inquiry helped to bring forth an excellent dialogue
  • arunthejam
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That's really low for a guy (for most anyone in fact). Your NET calories for a day should be 1200 max. Too high of a deficit, while make a higher weight loss, the effect of the loss could mean sacrificing muscle. And that LOWERS your resting metabolic rate making it much much easier to regain weight especially if you're not doing any resistance training and are losing muscle.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Carefully noted. Thank you very much for the insights, and I really appreciate it. Also, I am not doing any resistance training, and I definitely don't want to lose muscle. Do you recommend increasing my net calorie intake of 700 to 1,200?
    At the very minimum. I would even say 1500. And resistance training doesn't have to involve weights. You can do just body weight exercises to create a resistance training program. YouTube has a lot of them for free. Do an exercise for legs, back, chest, shoulders, arms and abs.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Your feedback and insights are greatly appreciated. I have taken careful note of them. Thank you very much.
  • arunthejam
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Congrats on the weight loss! and welcome to the 30lbs lost club... :)

Now the hard part is maintaining but it doesn't have to be if you have a good mindset... :)

Thank you sir!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!