LESS Alcohol ~ DECEMBER 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options
12346»

Replies

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is feeling good today and happy day after Christmas! Honestly glad to be on the other side of the long anticipated holidays with food and drink choices galore.

Christmas Eve - 1 Cosmo made by DD, 1 1/2 flutes champagne, 8 oz. Chardonnay. Chocolate cake. Didn’t sleep well.
    Christmas Day - 1 1/2 flutes champagne, 1 Chardonnay. 1 homemade snickerdoodle. Slept much better.
    Tonight? Have my mom here for one more day and will likely have a glass of wine with dinner.

Not as many AF days as I planned thus far, and feeling pretty run down at this point. But, have had much less alcohol than in prior years which is a big win.
    Back to my gym classes on Thursday.

Monthly stats:
    AF - 8
    A - 17 (includes some low alcohol wine days)
    Limits: mostly good
  • Michieb125
    Options
    AF last nice and it feels great. I want some more of that :). That’s my plan until NYE!
    Also not doing my ritual of planning for the new year or fixing anything just yet. I will enjoy this rainy day and take care of myself.
    Thinking of all you LA friends and hope to see you in January!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    @wendydancer1 welcome!!! Yes there will be a January thread. Hope to see you there.

I’ve upped my consumption to 2 drinks per night on average this month- lots of parties and events. Scrambling to wrap gifts Christmas Eve also made me reach for a drink- and any stressful time hosting over the holidays. @Michieb125 i totally hear ya about hosting guests! Love them dearly but a big sigh of relief when everyone is gone.

The worst was Christmas Day, mimosas and French toast after church, followed by rum heavy calorie bomb egg nog (both the French toast and egg nog make an appearance only once per year). Then wine with dinner.

Unsurprisingly I feel super sluggish and my weight is up. I started back with yoga yesterday, will do so again tomorrow. I need my clothes to fit again! There are still so many treats from our patients around the office. I am pretty much at my sugar limit though!!!
  • Michieb125
    Options
    @wendydancer1 Welcome! Please check back for the January thread - this is a great group of supportive people who are seeking less alcohol in their lives - whatever that means to each of us.

@Womona great to see you here, along with all the updates from you. I hit my sugar limit as well.
    Also appreciate the validation about family visitors!

Having a really good couple of days now that I can think alone, lol.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    Hello all my LESS ALCOHOL friends and welcome @wendydancer1

Here is the gift you all have been anticipating. The January 2024 -LESS ALCOHOL thread link.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905981/less-alcohol-january-2024-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1

This group was originally set up under the category CHALLANGES within Myfitnesspal in 2017, It seemed very helpful back then. But then I began thinking that most challenges come and go and are short term. Moving this topic within motivation and support was a good decision and created a more lifestyle change for everyone.

Join me and our other LESS ALCOHOL contributors on a journey that is sure to CHANGE YOUR LIFE for a better YOU.

So go ahead....click the link above and drink LESS with other people that are struggling just like you are.

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    @MissMay, you deserve the biggest GOLD star award!

I'm still AF since Christmas and feeling good. I even forgot about the kahlua and bourbon that's been in the house all week. Been experimenting with drinking AF beverages. Yesterday I had an orange soda called Poppi that supposedly has less sugar and prebiotics. It was good! 20 calories.

I also bought myself a pitcher made for infusing water. In the center, I can put cut pieces of fruit or fresh herbs or cucumber and design my own flavored waters.

I don't have a drinking "plan" yet for NYE. Maybe that is good. Staying home & safe.
  • Michieb125
    Options
    AF again last night…not hard because I still have a head cold so I am just doing all the things to get better this weekend.

I do hope to enjoy some New Years Eve festivities tomorrow night at home (although I don’t stay up until midnight anymore)!

@globalhiker I love Poppi drinks for the health benefits too! Wow, you are doing incredible with your AF goals.

I want to say a huge THANK YOU to @MissMay for your dedication to keeping this thread going in 2023 by creating a space for support and encouragement for us doing LA. You are so appreciated! Sounds like you will have fun ringing in the new year!

Final monthly totals for December unless I have some champagne tomorrow night. Stay safe everyone!
    AF - 12
    A - 19
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Not my best month but look out January here I come. :)

December is always my booziest month. I didn’t keep track, but I probably drank on all but around 10 days. And, many nights, I had a good amount (2+ drinks), although I also had some one-beer nights. So, lots of fun, lots of laughs, time to cut back!
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Haven't had a drink yet this year! Lol I know to easy
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Made it this week M to TH
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    @Rxman1971 @LiveOnceBeHappy @Jthanmyfitnesspal

So glad to have everyone with us. We have begun our January 2024 monthly thread.
    Join us over there, that way you do not have to double enter your accountability.

The January 2024 -LESS ALCOHOL thread link.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905981/less-alcohol-january-2024-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1