345 DAYS....101.6 POUNDS GONE.....A WHOLE NEW PERSON

Options
collinsje1
collinsje1 Posts: 54 Member
edited December 2023 in Success Stories
345 days ago, I was sitting in a lazy boy after cutting firewood all day exhausted and sore to the point that I didn't know if I was ever going to get up outta that chair. In that moment I realized that I wasn't going to be able to be active enough to keep up with my then 6- and 2-year-old boys. And I didn't want to be the lazy dad that had to tell my boys no I can't do that thing you want to do cause I'm tired or out of shape. And that I needed to change something as I had become a person, I didn't like both physically and mentally.

So, I told myself right then and there I'm going to lose weight and get in better shape at 36 years old then I have ever been. And well I did just that.... today December 13, 2023, I have officially lost 101.6 pounds. My goal that I set for myself was 100 pounds, which at the time of setting it, it sounded ridiculous, I mean 100 pounds is a ton of weight.

This little journey has been extremely challenging but unbelievably rewarding, not only in the fact that I accomplished my first goal, but that I have truly changed as a person. My outlook on life has completely changed, Im a way more positive person in general, my kids and I do everything all the time and my mental health has greatly improved. So much of this journey/battle is a mental game.

Any way I did it and I want to tell everyone and scream it from the mountain tops. Im 36 years old, 6'1" tall, and went from 293 pounds to 193 pound in less than a year. I still want to lose a bit more, but now my focus is shifting to more fitness related goals.

Here are a couple pictures of me from November 12th 2022 for the first one, and November 12th, 2023 for the second one. I apologize in advance if the pictures of the deer offend anyone that is not my intention. I just dont have any other pictures of myself that fit this time reference.

[edited by staff]
[The success story images below include hunting photos]
u53vgxmf50bd.jpg
nx3o58om10nj.jpg

Replies

• sharon81
    sharon81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Nice bucks! Especially that first one. Wowza!!!
  • collinsje1
    Options
    @sharon81 Thanks!!! Yeah that first on is my biggest to date!!! and Just about the biggest ever taken on our farm.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a great achievement and a great reason to lose weight. Love the deer photos! Hunting has to be easier now, too!
  • kavunver
    kavunver Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you look like father and son. amazing job
  • Bylli1
    Bylli1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations -I started at the end of last year too but am stuck at around 40#. Had some hiccups along the way but having a little difficulty getting motivated again. What's your advice?
  • sharon81
    sharon81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    collinsje1 wrote: »
    @Bylli1 my best advice and I can only speak from personal experience here....would be to just start again. Don't look back at yesterday or last week just make the decision and start again. Maybe if you look at it from a different perspective it could be mentally easier for you. Instead of relying on motivation or will power to continue forward, try to establish habits and routines that you find enjoyable and easy to do (and also produce results)
    This is sooooo goood. This is exactly how I have treated my journey thus far and it's been the longest I have ever stuck with it and also the most weight I have ever been able to lose. The focus for me was to keep starting again. If I have three bad days in a row, oh well, try again on the fourth day. Life happens and gets in the way, but just keep treating every day like a day to start over! :D Very well said Collinsje1!!!!

• crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    This is a great post on your progress! Very inspirational and the changes both inside and out are huge. Congrats to you and keep going to the place you are happiest!
  • Mredwards12
    Mredwards12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations are in order!!! You Look Amazing.
  • RCut517
    RCut517 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! But along with you getting smaller, so did your bucks! Just kidding...
  • carbslayer33
    carbslayer33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love seeing this post. It's so encouraging...I'm looking to lose 50 pounds and seeing that you did 2x that reminds me that I can definitely do this! :)
  • 130StrongerEachYear
    Options
    Great Job.
    Keep up the new lifestyle...easy to slip back. I have done it several times.
    Keep up the positive focus.
  • Chromatickorg
    Chromatickorg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, well done. Like you say, not easy, but well worth it in many ways.
  • Emily27055
    Emily27055 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Congratulations, and we all hope you continue this journey in 2024 until you are where you feel you need to be. This was very inspiring, thank you so much for sharing.
  • tonyrice75
    tonyrice75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • collinsje1
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!! It is a very surreal feeling still.
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 212 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    But in my mind yesterday is long gone and tomorrow isn't here yet so all I have is the choices and decisions I make right now.
    You know, there’s this mindfulness-bases stress reduction guy I listen to once in a while, and he makes this point that “right now is the only time you really have.” It always puzzles me a bit, like I know what he’s saying but don’t quite get it. But you just said the same thing in a way that I suddenly, completely understand. Thank you.

And congratulations on transforming your life!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing achievement: You look like a whole new man, too. Kudos!

Even as a vegetarian ;) , I have to say I think those a nice bucks - good hunting. That first one especially . . . wow!

BTW, I think this (below) is excellent, excellent advice, especially that first and the last two paragraphs. I'd say about the same thing, though less eloquently, about losing around 50 pounds (obese to healthy weight) and staying at a healthy weight for 7+ years since: It's about practical, repeatable pretty-easy habits.
    @Bylli1 my best advice and I can only speak from personal experience here....would be to just start again. Don't look back at yesterday or last week just make the decision and start again. Maybe if you look at it from a different perspective it could be mentally easier for you. Instead of relying on motivation or will power to continue forward, try to establish habits and routines that you find enjoyable and easy to do (and also produce results)

In my situation everyday up until 4:30/5 pm is exactly the same, get up go to work at 9am eat my overnight oats, at noon I walk home for lunch and make 2 whole eggs and 6 ounces of egg whites, then walk back to work. Then go home from work, pick up kiddos, make dinner (this varies a lot) play with kiddos, at 8/830 pm after the kids are in bed, I head to the gym or go for a walk depends on the day.

This routine and these habits are really what has led to my success, that's not to say I didn't stumble and fall along the way. But in my mind yesterday is long gone and tomorrow isn't here yet so all I have is the choices and decisions I make right now.

And obviously there are exceptions to the routine, dinner at someone's house, holidays, vacations etc......you just have to plan ahead for those times and work the plan.

Good show! Best wishes going forward!

• collinsje1
    Options
    Thanks @AnnPT77 I appreciate you!!!
  • janeholland2008
    janeholland2008 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look amazing, shout it loud, you deserve it!.. <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!