Chobani Yogurt Recall!!!

Options

Replies

• ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Interesting!! I had some of these, chobani tubes that were swollen and some cups that tasted weird. I threw them out and wrote to the company. They sent me coupons for free replacements.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    The last few Chobani yogurts I have purchased were soupy/runny - I quit buying it. Switched to Oikos and Voskos; the consistency is like night and day. Won't be going back to Chobani any time soon.
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I checked my Chobani yogurt cups, no puffy lids and no 16-12 numbers on them, so I feel pretty secure that the 10 cups I've got are all good.

I've only once had a problem with their yogurt, and that was my own fault for not checking the expiration dates when I picked them out at the supermarket. Our supermarket is not the best at pulling expired items off the shelves, so while it was the store's fault for still selling them, it was my own fault for not checking the date before purchasing them.
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Gross. I just ate one this morning that I thought was weird. It was a flavor I hadn't tried before (Orange & Vanilla) and it was soupy and strange.
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I prefer Dannon Light and Fit - good protein and only 80 calories. Very yummy too! :o)
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Hmm, interesting. I'm not sure if my experience was related to these product, but I have run into Chobani yogurts that were especially runny, and were way soupier than even regular yogurt - I had blamed it on the type of flavor and just didn't get that flavor again. I have better luck with our store brand (Meijer).
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I had one of these in my fridge yesterday. I'm thinking of switching to oikos or another brand for a while, which makes me sad because I love chobani flips and no other brand makes them.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Great now you tell me after I just polished one off.
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

You and me both...
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options

You and me both...

You would know it if you ate a bad one. They tasted really weird, like "zingy". My daughter ate one and said it tasted "spicy". None of us got sick, by the way.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options

You and me both...

You would know it if you ate a bad one. They tasted really weird, like "zingy". My daughter ate one and said it tasted "spicy". None of us got sick, by the way.

Spicy yogurt is not what I look for in a yogurt :frown:
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I had a couple too. Thought it was weird that the lids were swollen like that and figured they were bad... Opened one out of curiosity and it poofed in my face. Gross. :sick: Lesson learned. (No wonder the store had them on sale for $1....:huh: )
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I will check the ones I have to make sure they are not coded..
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Personally if any of my yogurts (greek or not) have a swollen lid, I don't open it! That's not right for ANY yogurt product. Also, stores around here very frequently have them on sale for $1 or less! So that doesn't indicate an old product. I only eat the Chobani Pineapple and haven't had any issues at all.

Thanks for the heads up though!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Personally if any of my yogurts (greek or not) have a swollen lid, I don't open it! That's not right for ANY yogurt product. Also, stores around here very frequently have them on sale for $1 or less! So that doesn't indicate an old product. I only eat the Chobani Pineapple and haven't had any issues at all.

Thanks for the heads up though!
    If ANY food has a swollen lid, it's gone bad.
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    All the more reason not to buy packaged food...
  • Pearsquared
    Options
    Yeah, we recently had a fresh cilantro recall in my area...listeria.
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Options

All the more reason not to buy/eat food at all. Maybe it's time to consider breatharianism?
  • Pearsquared
    Options

All the more reason not to buy/eat food at all. Maybe it's time to consider breatharianism?
    I like the one where you absorb the rays of the sun for an hour each day, but only at sunrise and sunset. Humans only need Vitamin D, don't cha know.
  • LittleAngelamj
    LittleAngelamj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    No more Chobani for me.